Emanuel Ungaro F/W 04.05 Paris

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
here you go-this first one's my fave...the rest...eh...you galliano fans might enjoy it though...lots of bells and whistles... :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:

...don't know why they are coming up tiny...sorry... :huh:

I really like this collection in a way, fun and lovely, may be a little bit "too much" for me, though. I'm in love with the jackets, but I'd mix them with something plain and basic :wink:
:heart: the colors!

00010f.jpg
00030f.jpg

00050f.jpg
00070f.jpg

:P

FRILLY, frothy and girly were Giambattista Valli's main messages on the Emanuel Ungaro catwalk yesterday. With Mick Jagger on the decks, infusing nursery rhymes with pumping techno beats, the catwalk, which was sprayed with the scent of baby powder before the show, was an explosion of chiffon frills, pretty pastels floral prints in a mass of pink.
:lol: how modern you can get Giambatista?
from vogue uk

also, i can clearly see the reasons behind Emanuel Ungaro getting annoyed with G. Valli's performance, both on artistic and profitability terms.. i wouldnt mind someone else replacing GV... he's been a little too stuck with the 80s mood :rolleyes:

Rumors have swirled for some time that the upcoming couture may be Emanuel Ungaro’s last, and that relations are strained between the house founder and the man he selected as his successor in ready-to-wear. Furthermore, Ferragamo, which owns Ungaro, is said to be increasingly antsy over the house’s failure to turn a profit — all issues, no doubt, to be discussed at a meeting of corporate officials next week

from wwd

there are some AMAZING pieces in this collection

this is what i think of when i think of PARIS fashion week :flower:

:blink: scary earrings & make up :sick:

oops sorry, wrong photo :ninja:

excuses purple, i posted a totally wrong photo, that was from Celine and the make up is actually wonderful (to me)

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 5th, 2004 - 10:50 am
excuses purple, i posted a totally wrong photo, that was from Celine and the make up is actually wonderful (to me)
I was wondering... :wink: :flower:

The best recent Ungaro collections are from AW02 (The Mancheria Princess) and SS03 (The Spanish Rose).

I agree, this collection is imitating Galliano. The cut is razor-sharp, but it would work much better with a different color or material (a pencil skirt in orange velvet?).

Pretty vulgar overall.

But that blue dress Caroline Treniti wears and this gown below have the potential to become red-carpet favorites:

00450f.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->