Emanuel Ungaro S/S 11 Paris

I agree. This is actually worse than Lohan/Archs, as at least there is serious tailoring in the ruched pieces by Archs in the previous spring collection. Minus the silly sequined pasties (no doubt Lohan's idea of "cool") and other ridiculous touches, it was a decent enough collection with quite good ruching and bias techniques, if I correctly recall.

I hate the lack of direction and the awful, awful gimmicks here, the pieces of boa, the flower buttons, and to top it all, the ugly "Giles" prints. I find it more tasteless than Lohan/Archs, especially all the transparent "boudoir" pieces and that gold toga piece slashed open at the front. It reminds me of Galliano at his worst for Dior.

And does anyone else think it is unseemly for a fashion editor to go and TRY ON CLOTHES at a fashion designer's atelier??? I understand if some models are parading for the said editor to have a first preview, but it is just rubbing it in about the freebies that editors get in return for their biased support, not to mention the kickbacks, and lucrative "consulting".

I feel sorry for the poor clueless millionaire who bought Ungaro - he must have thought he finally got an "insider", but Giles is one of the least talented but highly favored designers around, and he's on his way to Jeremy Scott status. Much better to have signed on someone more serious, eg. Erdem, or to have given Archs another shot *without* Lohan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much better to have signed on someone more serious, eg. Erdem, or to have given Archs another shot *without* Lohan.

I thought Lohan didn't have any input into the F/W collection? Didn't they terminate their contract with her prior to that?

I thought Lohan didn't have any input into the F/W collection? Didn't they terminate their contract with her prior to that?

I was mostly refering to the Spring Collection in referring to Lohan/Archs, but yes FW was Archs alone. I thought it was a decent, if not outstanding collection, with nice fortuny pleated little black dresses, decent color combinations, and lots of the familiar Ungaro ruching. She could have had another stab at this Spring Collection, to see what she could have done with prints, ruching techniques and colors, all key pillars for Ungaro.

Imagine this dress in a lovely shade of red, much better than Giles.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-10-04 at 7.49.02 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-10-04 at 7.49.02 PM.png
    159.1 KB · Views: 3
Okay, I am really sorry to say this but I needed a few seconds to calm down from the screaming I did. I am crossing out the Ungaro name from my fashion brands list. Seriously.
This is the worst thing I've seen in.. god knows how long. At least Lindsay's collection didn't have this.. tackiness in it.
****Edited***** I might as well get a knife and kill myself.
This is.. just awful for my taste.

Well,,I don't feel it. Yep, this had mood and sort of fun, i guess but I don't find the sexiness and luxe of the collection. I hope he fids better direction next season, if he's around.

too distracted by the damn flowers at the back, a few nice pieces nothing special

I thought the Hair&Make up was terrible but the clothes were chic and youthful(a little). Love all the workmanship, MUCH better then the "Lohan Tragedy"

Not bad at all for me. Looks more like the old Ungaro days are back, which i liked it because it was the True Ungaro, the same now.

TBH this flower background hurts my eyes and I can`t see the clothes - only flowers. LOL)))
The collection isnt that bad, imho...but most of the clothes look like they were taken from different collections...silk, lace, prints...too much.

Definitely better than Lohan+Archs combo(well not very hard to do better than that sh!t)
It's very young and youthful,I'm really liking the embellished gowns...it surely does not reach the perfection of Dundas collections but it's rather acceptable

Okay, I am really sorry to say this but I needed a few seconds to calm down from the screaming I did. I am crossing out the Ungaro name from my fashion brands list. Seriously.
This is the worst thing I've seen in.. god knows how long. At least Lindsay's collection didn't have this.. tackiness in it.
Jesus Christ. I might as well get a knife and kill myself.
This is.. just awful for my taste.

This is when fashion becomes dangerous. It isn't that serious, and I don't see the tackiness many members are seeing. Perhaps we haven't seen a collection from Ungaro in so long that we are forgetting what it used to be all about. I see remnants of past Couture collections which were designed by Ungaro himself. Ultimately, it is a first effort, and I wouldn't discount it fully.

I thought the clothes, ok kinda blah, could find them anywhere around Paris.

The hair and makeup, aged.

The casting, a freakshow and gimmicky, I thought many of the "older" models looked far older than in real life with that hair, dark eyes and crimson lips.

headpieces from Giles, some pieces from Valentino, some from Marchesa, Sonia Rykiel a bit and we got this.
Also the background.
This means bankrupt :(

if you get past the silly casting the workmanship is actually there in the clothes
i quite like this collection

Thank you Giles, now I can rest peacefully...

The pieces themselves might not be that bad, but the whole presentation, styling, and actually the casting is drenched in tack. I just don't know what happened to Giles. His own line collections for the first few years were great, and then he started to bring in things he thought were humorous, and they're just not.

Was the styling Katie Grand? It smells like her.

I'm sure the pieces will look nice worn on the red carpet, and in editorials, when they actually have room to breathe for themselves, and aren't being suffocated by awful tights, marabou head pieces and neon floral arrangements.

It is indeed a lovely collection, whether or not it has the typical Ungaro flare is questionable though. However, to say Lindseys collection is better than this is a travesty.

The clothes were the only non-tacky thing in this, TBH. Not the best, but not bad either. Just in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->