Eminem In New Snl Lip-synch Stink

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by Sloan, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Sloan

Sloan I love model_mom!

Video of Eminem -

http://www.mjmorningshow.com/cc-common/fee...article_id=9993

Bosses of Saturday Night Live were left embarrassed by Eminem Saturday night when the rapper lip-synced through parts of his two performances on the show.

A week after Ashlee Simpson's lip-syncing fiasco made headlines, Eminem failed to keep up with his own track as he performed the politically-charged "Mosh" and his other hit song "Just Lose It."

This came after guest host Kaye Winslet poked fun at last week's lip-syncing controversy during her opening monologue.

She said, "I'm thrilled to be hosting Saturday Night Live.. I can assure you it is live because I'm hyperventilating a bit."

"I do however wish it wasn't the week after the Ashlee Simpson incident because now I really do have to perform live."

Winslet then showed off her tap-dancing and singing skills - to prove that the show was completely live.

Winslet's stint on the show was a hit - she played Norah Jones and a female Dr. Frankenstein in skits on the program.

Meanwhile, Saturday Night Live writers further poked fun at Simpson when comic Horatio Sanz performed, 'Ashlee Simpson you're a phoney...' to the tune of Elton John's "Tiny Dancer."

Copyright World Entertainment News Network 2004

2. purechris

purechris no photos, no photos

I saw that and couldn't believe he was doing such a bad job with his own lyrics. BADBADBAD!!!!
    On the other hand...the "Ashlee Simpson you're a phony" bit was so funny!

3. oanadobre

oanadobre New Member

Eminem and Ashlee Simpson. Both of them must be proud to be in this couple... :lol:

4. star

star New Member

i watched it, i couldnt tell. he did fine. and he rapped.

5. Sloan

Sloan I love model_mom!

The indication is when he pulls the mic completely away from his face twice and his voice stays the same....no change in tone or anything.

Sure they all do it, but it was pretty brave doing it one week after Ashlee was caught...

6. sugarpea

sugarpea New Member

im curious...do you guys think that this lip synching thing will jeopardize ashlee's career ??

7. AlexN

AlexN New Member

I hope so; it should jeopardize the careers of everyone doing it. But then you wouldn't really have pop music anymore. And let's face it, most kids don't care about the music at all, but rather the image. Just a sad fact of life.

And Eminem was indeed lip-synching. And I'm not trying to brag, but I'm trained in audio engineering and all that stuff, so I can easily tell (not that this instance is difficult to tell anyway). But the vocal track you hear is clearly the one on the CD.

8. mdankwah

mdankwah New Member

i hope so, the poor girl is absolutely dreadful

9. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

a lot of hip-hop artists have back-up tracks, though, don't they?

10. Gucci Girl

Gucci Girl New Member

I can't believe that Eminem was lip-synching :unsure:
    Do you know if there will be a rerun of the SNL episode???
    I'm still in shock, I could have never imagined HE would do it.
    He is very decent with his live rap preformances, but :doh:, and he actually CAN rap/sing live ( unlike some preformers ).

Gucci Girl

11. AlexN

AlexN New Member

Not usually for the main vocals. For backing vocals, yes. But most live pop acts use the prerecorded backing vocals, as well as miscellaneous percussion and electronic flourishes. That way, they don't have to pay extra background singers, percussionists, etc.

12. ChixVolta

ChixVolta New Member

Maybe his uh... "out-of-sync-ness" was... a small jab at all the squeaky clean quasi edgy pop performers that lip sync? um yeah... that's the ticket!

*please note the sarcasm*

Or he could have effed up on the playback and just couldn't hear himself. because let's face Eminem isn't really known for small jabs of the subtle variety.

13. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

damn.. do they even need it?

14. breathe0xygen

breathe0xygen I loved you

:shock: alot of people these days lip sync... sadness.

15. agirlcalledk1ll

agirlcalledk1ll New Member

..odd thing about this, though, is that i noticed eminem lip syncing a LOOONG time ago...i think it was on SNL as well.......a previous performance he did....

he sounds way too much like the recordings to be doing it live......i don't think this is a new thing for him. i think it just so happens that now people are paying more attention to it......

16. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

If people expect the kind of quality that's on the album they should expect lip-synching too. I think this is more of a problem with our expectations than with the music industry - we've become sanitised to what a real live performance sounds like...

17. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

As an example: if anyone's heard Elvis Presley pre-fame it comes as an enourmous shock - he sounds exactly like a second-rate blues singer (arguably preferable to what he sounded like post-fame)...