EMU boots VS Uggs

InnocentFairy

Reaction score
*I tried to delete the other thread but can't, I realised that the boots are called EMU and not EMO - oops! Sorry!

Hi all,

Ok I never thought I would give into all the Uggs hype! I just thought it was another silly/conformist/mindless masses type thing...but I guess when it comes to fashion everyone follows a trend anyway.

But the reason I am asking about Emu boots and Uggs is because I am going to New York (so lots of walking and very cold feet) in January with my boyfriend and I want some warm boots for my feet. Now Uggs are quite expensive and I have been looking at the Emu boots also on www.asos.com...and not sure which ones are best - Uggs or Emu???

Could someone please tell me which ones I should go for? Also I am a UK8/9 (41/42) - so what size should I get?

Thank you sweeties!

Get your normal size. There are a lot of ugg threads around here. Basically 'uggs' are just the name for the style of the boot, however the Ugg company trademarked the name and they are therefore the only ones allowed to sell under it. I'm sure most companies produce equal quality boots. And if you are informed you know that the brand doesn't matter. However I bought Uggs anyway. I have the short black and they are really comfy and worth the £80 I spent on them. They have continued to hold up well.

Meg said:
Get your normal size. There are a lot of ugg threads around here. Basically 'uggs' are just the name for the style of the boot, however the Ugg company trademarked the name and they are therefore the only ones allowed to sell under it. I'm sure most companies produce equal quality boots. And if you are informed you know that the brand doesn't matter. However I bought Uggs anyway. I have the short black and they are really comfy and worth the £80 I spent on them. They have continued to hold up well.

Where did you get them for £80?

The cheapest I have found for a pair of Uggs is £120 for the short pair of Uggs! Which I think is expensive :(

Let me see if I can find the info tonight at home. It was some random australian company but they were super quick. Shipping was FREE and like fedex (i got them in a couple of days) and they put the amount as being £20 so I didn't have to pay any customs (and i didn't even ask them to do this, they just did it)

Meg said:
Let me see if I can find the info tonight at home. It was some random australian company but they were super quick. Shipping was FREE and like fedex (i got them in a couple of days) and they put the amount as being £20 so I didn't have to pay any customs (and i didn't even ask them to do this, they just did it)

Thats great! Thanks very much for finding out for me ^_^

It will be nice to have something on my big ol'feet that are comfy and warm! Hehehehe!

okay I just checked and it's a website called ugsandkisses.co.uk so they are UK based but a lot of their stuff ships from Australia direct. Anyway I checked the shorts there and they are 120 pounds. I prob. paid less when I ordered them like a year back. Anyway all I can say is that they are a great company to order from and really good customer service!!

Meg said:
okay I just checked and it's a website called ugsandkisses.co.uk so they are UK based but a lot of their stuff ships from Australia direct. Anyway I checked the shorts there and they are 120 pounds. I prob. paid less when I ordered them like a year back. Anyway all I can say is that they are a great company to order from and really good customer service!!

Thanks for your help!

I have checked out that site, but got a pair from ASOS.COM in a size 8.5 - hopefully this size will be ok. The reason I got them from ASOS.COM is because they are £120 (so somewhat cheaper) plus I had a discount code to get 15% off. I think places are putting prices up at the moment because they have become so popular again, Kurt Geiger are charging £145 for a pair...rip-off!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->