Engagement Rings / Wedding Bands

Reaction score
Hi, I'n new here. I need your help. Let me explain.

Last week my boyfriend proposed to me, yes he presented me with a ring, but no I hated it. So I told him so. He bought it at Christies, the auction. Its a 9ct marquis diamond with 2 smaller trillon cut diamonds flanked. He said if I wanted to I could sell this item at an auction in London along with matching earrings and necklace and could buy or make a new ring to my standards.

I want to know where online I can find exotic rings that are expensive and beautiful. I don't know where I can find these items. Please Help.

Personally I would go to a top jewellers and have a private consultation (but make sure you read up first because I've only ever met three jewellers who weren't con-artists). Great as the internet is, it's really not the place to buy fine jewellery...especially not for something as important as an engagement...

Originally posted by misstimberlake@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 1:06 pm
Hi, I'n new here. I need your help. Let me explain.

Last week my boyfriend proposed to me, yes he presented me with a ring, but no I hated it. So I told him so. He bought it at Christies, the auction. Its a 9ct marquis diamond with 2 smaller trillon cut diamonds flanked. He said if I wanted to I could sell this item at an auction in London along with matching earrings and necklace and could buy or make a new ring to my standards.

I want to know where online I can find exotic rings that are expensive and beautiful. I don't know where I can find these items. Please Help.
:cry: i could never say i did like a ring after a proposal! didnt you feel horrible?
9 carats? wow that extraordinary..... and i would say at least a million dollars.

again i could never say take this back... it is the thought that counts but since you feel differently.... i would never buy anything like that online.

go to MONDERA

its the website owned by one of the biggest stone jewellers MOUAWAD!!

(the celebrities love him :wink: and i think he owns the biggest amount of carats in ONE stone :innocent: )

and i think he owns the biggest amount of carats in ONE stone

Technically the person who owns the most carat in one stone is dead.

Originally posted by tealady@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 8:21 pm
That site looks very much like Blue Nile. Are the sites related?
wow u r right!! :shock:

i just know of mondera cause i know of the owners themselves... never heard of bluenile :unsure:

Bluenile looks like it's copied from Mondera in that case... :unsure:

Anyone here bought from Bluenile before?

and here are the owners.. in the league of GRAFF :wink:

creators of mondera

the one who set up mondera.com is the last guy: pascal

if i were you i would just find a retailer that sells MOUAWAD. you'll be better off in that league :flower:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 2:34 pm
and i think he owns the biggest amount of carats in ONE stone

Technically the person who owns the most carat in one stone is dead.
How does one own anything if one is dead??? :huh: Perhaps one's heirs?

Anyway, Blue Nile has always had good press. I don't know anyone who has ordered from them.

Originally posted by leyla m.@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 2:41 pm
if i were you i would just find a retailer that sells MOUAWAD. you'll be better off in that league :flower:
I'm sure you're right. :flower:

If your boyfriend, misstimberlake, is in the 9-carat zone, you won't want to be ordering online... :blink:

Hey, thanks. I checked out MONDERA. Yeah thats something I like.

P.S. it's not that I didn't like the ring, it just looked like my first engagment ring, that brought only disaster to the relationship and since I'm starting again I figured I should have something different.

P.P.S it wasn't a million dollars. it was a $450 000. he bought it with inheritance.

I did see a site offering a 12 carat pink diamond with blue white diamond cluster.
i want something funky.

i still would never buy online.... :ninja: i need to trust them, see the stone, try it on.... and i like supporting local jewelers....

Originally posted by misstimberlake@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 2:51 pm
Hey, thanks. I checked out MONDERA. Yeah thats something I like.

P.S. it's not that I didn't like the ring, it just looked like my first engagment ring, that brought only disaster to the relationship and since I'm starting again I figured I should have something different.

P.P.S it wasn't a million dollars. it was a $450 000. he bought it with inheritance.
trust your own style but i think with something you wear everyday...be careful to not get too "out there"... you dont want to look down at it 5 years from now and think what was i thinking!!!??!?!

best of luck to you and i hope you get what you want..... :flower:

Originally posted by lele@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 2:51 pm
i still would never buy online.... :ninja: i need to trust them, see the stone, try it on.... and i like supporting local jewelers....
i could always buy, take it to a local jeweller, have it values, check the Colour, clarity, etc.... and if it's worth it , keep it. or return it.. this site i saw the ring on has 60 day return .

let us know of the outcome pls :wink: :flower:

actually u will have great feedback on mouawad.com
i just saw which celebrities they cater for: robbie and nicole, posh and becks, heidi klum...

they are the ones who create the MILLION DOLLAR VICTORIA SECRET BRA every year :woot: :ninja:

Originally posted by misstimberlake@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 2:55 pm
i could always buy, take it to a local jeweller, have it values, check the Colour, clarity, etc.... and if it's worth it , keep it. or return it.. this site i saw the ring on has 60 day return .
On what site did you see the ring you like? Why not post a pic?! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->