Erdem F/W 2022.23 London

^^^ The weirder sensibility is a good addition for a brand that’s always been on the proper and polite spectrum of fashion. It’s good to see him showcase a more ostentatious, and decadent design vocabulary, while still maintaining a good dose of his prime and proper signatures. And everything looks so impeccably constructed and thoroughly detailed. It possesses a hint of Dries before Dries gave up to generic merch. (Clever that the sprinkling of menswear can easily be worn by women and none would be the wiser.)

Unfortunate how glum, gloomy and just so unpleasantly dour most of the cast is. Absolutely drags the gorgeous pieces down down down.

I really like some of this! Well finished, love the details and nice proportions. To me it's refreshing that despite the flashiness it doesn't seem really that recognizable in a social media esque type of way. You wouldn't look like a walking advertisement. Chic! I need to get off the internet lol. Something about it reminds me of the time prada did that fassbinder collection heh. Maybe it's just the scarves

yes i instantly thought prada from this collection ^ i think the lighting as well makes it look like that

Romantic, tasteful, and elegant with a slight twist that made it all the more pleasant. Love what he is doing. I don’t see how anyone could find this work poor or appalling.

Erdem used to be my LFW favourite… he seemed kinda lost for a while but it’s good to see him back.
I love most of it.

I liked this collection, it's actually my favourite one from this LCF. I appreciate that Erdem has been turning his brand's aesthetic into a really decadent, eccentric one without getting too commercial or experimental in an awkward way. I could live without looks 31-33 because they're too close to Givenchy fall 2019 collection. That being said, it's still a strong proposition.

nice variety - what a good collection
(how fun to see Karen close)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->