Erdem for H&M

I only bought a little silk scarf, but I’m really happy nonetheless. Wanted to buy a grey sweatshirt too but all the sizes were gone before I made up my mind.

The website will restock in the early hours of the morning (GMT). It’s usually around 3-5am.

really wanted to buy one of their jumpers but it was already sold out when the page loaded for me... managed to buy a silly hat and a scarf...

The website will restock in the early hours of the morning (GMT). It’s usually around 3-5am.

Ugh, thanks! I get up at the crack of dawn for swimming anyway so will be getting my marked items.

I decided against the sheepskin jacket as I heard the material is synthetic, and the more I look at it the more I find the design motifs very cheap looking. Just want one of the two pyjama tops, that's it.

As a whole, I thought the collection was one of the strongest for sure. The pricing on some things bugged me a little, £24.99 on two pairs of men’s socks is ludicrous. But then I don’t feel £100 for one of the exquisite dresses is too much personally. A lot of the blouses were similar to pieces in collections like Lanvin and Marant, but priced higher.

They edited down the menswear collection a lot I felt, it wasn’t one of the bigger ones, but I did enjoy seeing Erdem play with menswear. The branded hoodies were odd though, so un-Erdem and just a carbon copy of the Rodarte logo stuff the girls did to bring in some easy revenue.

Anyone know how it all fit? It worries me that Kirsten wore the menswear pjs that only came in S, M and L. If she was in a small then they must run quite small!

I didn't think I was going to get anything as I'm not usually one to fall for the designer-high street collab hype, but a friend went to the preview last night, showed me one of the blouses and confirmed that some of the stuff (bar the t-shirts) was actually really nice in the flesh. I had work so couldn't go to queue up outside one of the stores, so got stuck in a painful cycle of refreshing the crashed website, until seeing on Twitter that the key was to use the app. Downloaded the app, instantly got access to the collection aaaaand a strong 70% of the stuff had already gone by about 9.15.
Missed out on the tweed jacket that I really wanted (seems that most of them have ended up on eBay for 3x the price... I know we're all looking for some extra Christmas money but, man, I hate people who do this) but ordered the nice cream lace blouse with the pleated sleeves. Hopefully it fits!

Just got back from shopping in nyc. I got the jacquard coat and the full ruffled dress with the grosgrain straps. Very well done and absolutely beautiful in person. I was really confused about the sizing though. The jacquard coat only went up to a Medium, but was told that they run a little bigger. I ended up getting the last piece off the rack, an xs and it fits well in the shoulders and has a nice weight to the item. I have a larger bust so I will need to add hidden snaps to keep things in place. Even though it was listed on the website as having the complete collection, the entire inventory was on the floor by 8 with no possibility of restocking. Crazy! I mean, at most I saw maybe 6 items of each, outside of the hoodies.

I wasn't impressed by the leopard coat, it seemed thinner than what i saw online. Still looks beautiful though. The softer silk dresses were not impressive to me, it didn't have the richness of the jacquard and embroidered pieces. They were absolutely beautiful. I was dreading waiting in line, but I'm glad I did.

So nobody got the black floral sequin dress? That's the best from the women's line, imo. I'll add that it will only work for a tall type of girl due to the hem length.

Just my luck! All the pieces I wanted to try on were online only :rolleyes: And all the uglier pieces were on the racks.
And to make it worse: when the Baltic online store loaded for me all pieces were still on sale except the one I wanted to get - the floral hoodie. Don't understand why they decided not to have the men's one in the stores, while the one from the women's line was there...

Just my luck! All the pieces I wanted to try on were online only :rolleyes: And all the uglier pieces were on the racks.
And to make it worse: when the Baltic online store loaded for me all pieces were still on sale except the one I wanted to get - the floral hoodie. Don't understand why they decided not to have the men's one in the stores, while the one from the women's line was there...

There were some pieces on german site, if i wanted to buy it was possible to buy coat and jacket but i don't know, the prices and the quality? 190 euro for ErdemXH&M is too much , imo.
The pieces which i liked were sold.

Don't understand why they decided not to have the men's one in the stores, while the one from the women's line was there...
Well that's weird because I bought mine in a store, not online and we had a full collection, just limited in quantity. Even the pieces such as that white ruffled shirt that were marked with 'exclusive' on their site were there.

Well that's weird because I bought mine in a store, not online and we had a full collection, just limited in quantity. Even the pieces such as that white ruffled shirt that were marked with 'exclusive' on their site were there.

My guess is that last year Kenzo x H&M performed bad in Tallinn, so this year they decided to focus on online sales :rolleyes:

So nobody got the black floral sequin dress? That's the best from the women's line, imo. I'll add that it will only work for a tall type of girl due to the hem length.

I wasn't thrilled about it when I saw it in person and I'm also petite so it wouldn't be worth it for me.

The ap was the way forward in terms of shopping overs here, or in H&M’s error, the Google shopping feed. Prior to the launch all of the product was showing in the Google shopping feed so you could view it but not buy. Then at about 7.30am, a good hour and a half before launch, the product’s stock was added... meaning you could essentially Google an item and then buy it. So if anyone was using a BOT like so often happens with sneaker releases online, they’ll have sailed straight through before the collection even officially launched. I checked out at 7.50am.

i wasn't impressed by what i saw when i swung by the 5th avenue store in NY:

the "mohair" fair isle sweaters are mostly polyamide (only lesser amounts of wool and mohair) i tried on the mens small but they were still too oversized for me to wear.

the black lace tops (The short sleeve one that retailed for 150) had threads of nylon sticking out of them which is a bad indicator of quality.

The H&M staff had placed regular H&M floral and lace items on the erdem coat hangers when the erdem stock was depleted. I thought it was amusing that some shoppers had been initially fooled.

i wasn't impressed by what i saw when i swung by the 5th avenue store in ny:

The "mohair" fair isle sweaters are mostly polyamide (only lesser amounts of wool and mohair) i tried on the mens small but they were still too oversized for me to wear.

The black lace tops (the short sleeve one that retailed for 150) had threads of nylon sticking out of them which is a bad indicator of quality.

the h&m staff had placed regular h&m floral and lace items on the erdem coat hangers when the erdem stock was depleted. I thought it was amusing that some shoppers had been initially fooled.

lmao.

i wasn't impressed by what i saw when i swung by the 5th avenue store in NY:

the "mohair" fair isle sweaters are mostly polyamide (only lesser amounts of wool and mohair) i tried on the mens small but they were still too oversized for me to wear.

the black lace tops (The short sleeve one that retailed for 150) had threads of nylon sticking out of them which is a bad indicator of quality.

The H&M staff had placed regular H&M floral and lace items on the erdem coat hangers when the erdem stock was depleted. I thought it was amusing that some shoppers had been initially fooled.

What a sh*tty thing to do! I would be genuinely pissed off at H&M if I saw them do that.

Since you seem to know quite a bit about how the H&M website works... Do you think that it is still possible that some items might reappear on the UK website or should I abandon all hope?

I have my doubts because with in store returns I guess that most people will choose to return that way, so I don't really know if returns will show up on the website.

And... can returns appear at any time of the day or do they mostly appear in the early hours of the morning? Thanks! (and sorry for so many questions!)

Since you seem to know quite a bit about how the H&M website works... Do you think that it is still possible that some items might reappear on the UK website or should I abandon all hope?

I have my doubts because with in store returns I guess that most people will choose to return that way, so I don't really know if returns will show up on the website.

And... can returns appear at any time of the day or do they mostly appear in the early hours of the morning? Thanks! (and sorry for so many questions!)

You actually only got 3 days from the day of delivery to return your items to a store, where as you’ve been given 28 days to return them to the website. So I think you will see things reappear back online. Although this collection seems to have been the one restocked the least online!

Generally with ecommerce platforms what happens is an item is returned, or an order is cancelled and the stock of that item goes up by 1 (or however many) but it doesn’t show on the main site until it indexes, which it is usually programmed to do once or twice a day. At that point the whole site runs a check of itself and the stock levels refresh, so that’s when you find all the items appear back online. Generally sites have the index happen at their least busy time which is why it happens in the early hours.

I wouldn’t give up hope just yet but I woukd expect to be checking a lot! Things might appear back online during the day but I’d say it’s unlikely.

I was trawling eBay earlier and noticed that pieces aren’t selling for that much over their original price. These things baffle me, Erdem was one of the nicest collections by far. Kenzo’s was pretty awful and yet people paid way over the odds for it on eBay!

Generally sites have the index happen at their least busy time which is why it happens in the early hours.

It seems you're right about this! I logged on at 05h00-ish in the morning last week and actually got the pyjama-style two piece :smile:clap:smile:, grey trousers and the tie. But somehow word must've gotten out because I don't think I was the only one online. I ummed and ahhed over the jumpers, and when I finally made up my mind to get the white one, refreshed, they were sold out. At 5 min the morning!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->