seagreen serenades
Reaction score
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

"I just wanted something soft and hyper-romantic, easy but a bit surreal at the same time," said Erdem Moralioglu backstage. "I've got all these images of seventies theater productions of A Midsummer Night's Dream, and Eton boys wearing flowers in their boaters."

Whatever inspired him to push for all-out prettiness, and design a stunning lineup of dresses in French lace and dappled pastel-tinted watercolors of anemones and irises, it's clear things are working more brilliantly for Erdem every season. Take a tiered ice-blue lace Edwardiana dress with an orange ribbon clashingly threaded through it, or a sugar-pink high-necked organdy number with a 3-D smothering of "a hundred hydrangea petals in the bodice." The clothes, which also included a delicately washed-out pale blue ghost of toile de Jouy and almost sculptural zones of richly encrusted jeweled and frilled embroideries on sleeves and in deep hemlines, were breathtaking in movement. They made for a spellbinding show by an exceptional talent whose self-taught standards of workmanship almost put his creations on an equal footing with some of the things seen in haute couture.

By Sarah Mower

style

a very dreamy collection. the later dresses really remind me of the Lisbon sisters prom dresses in Virgin suicides. I love his take on the shorter shift style dresses.

oh thank you for posting strawberry . . ! :heart:
I think he managed to achieve everything he set out to create -- soft, romantic, surreal.
many of the watercolor-esque pieces were brilliantly done . . particularly the 5th dress in #2 + the cape in #3.
imo, this isn't the best he's done (I thought last season & the season before were more grabbing), but his craftsmanship & attention to the littlest detail always shine through.
bravo, erdem. :heart:

Wow this is so beautiful! I find myself getting lost in the prints :heart:

It's beautiful and classy and very dreamy

He's gone up in my estimation like 100% since last season which I thought was dull.
This is very nice.

Very nice indeed.

such a beautiful collection... :wub:

he had me from the first dress...
i love the romanticism of the lace and the flowy fabrics with the dreamy, flowery, smudged-paint prints...

very pretty, but not in a sugar-coated over the top way...

this might be one of my favorites so far this season... ^_^

I love this collection! It is reminiscent of Virgin Suicides, and also Victorian era dresses and blouses. Beautiful, and so so feminine!:heart:

this was just beautiful!!
erdem is my hero! he is so refreshing when everyone else does robotic :rolleyes:
romantic galore.. and his sophie hallette lace is always spot on :heart:

i am becoming such a huge fan & follower of his prints ...

not my fave palette
but there is something fresh about the combos
this is all wonderful old Edwardian times without the heaviness ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->