Erin Fetherston F/W 09.10 New York

Crying Diamonds

Geometric Discharge
Reaction score
NEW YORK, February 15, 2009

By Romney Leader

Tonight's collection was, in Erin Fetherston's own estimation, her "most graphic to date." Gone were the floaty princess dresses of seasons past, and in their place were a number of tailored toppers—little tweed peplum jackets and Empire-waisted jacquard riding coats—paired with skinny wool trousers. These looks were inspired by The Nutracker's tin soldiers and other tales of toys springing to life (after all, it wouldn't be a Fetherston show without a dose of whimsy).

This designer is at her strongest when she reins in the preciousness. A lambskin swing skirt, part of her first foray into leather, and a black tuxedo jumpsuit with plunging neckline had real chic. Barring a too-long series of polka-dot tulle party dresses, Fetherston pushed herself—successfully—to offer more than her standard fare.

01m.jpg
02m.jpg

03m.jpg
04m.jpg

05m.jpg
06m.jpg

style

Last edited by a moderator:
Shiny fabric seems to be the in thing. It all seems a bit too Witch like for me. Not really what I expected from Erin.

I'm seeing a sort of clash of Miu Miu and Burberry with the hats.
I like a few pieces . .
Well that's definately an improvement on last season.

i like it actually. i love the harlequin elements and really most everything from the reds to the blacks and whites. the pastel-y stuff seems a bit over-kill in the saccharine area.

I really love this collection. I love how doll-like it looks. It's verging on the Japanese Gothic Lolita style, but with a fashionable edge, which I actually quite like.

The black and white looks are nicer then the pastels, though I do like the dress in the bottom right picture of the 5th post.

i am surprised at the fact it is not only dresses. i was dreading that... but i quite like the seperates!

It's not terribly innovative (like others have said, a mashup of Luella and Miu Miu) but it is very "Erin" and I do like it...if that sentence made sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->