Ermanno Scervino F/W 11.12 : Alice Dellal by Francesco Carrozzini

Aedlacir

Reaction score
alicedellalermannoscerv.jpg

For next Fall/Winter Ermanno Scervino playfully teams inborn elegance with desecrating modernity. The result of such only apparent oxymoron is visible in the house’s new ad campaign. Fronted by Alice Dellal and shot* in New York by Francesco Carrozzini, it focuses on shots stealing life moments within an aristocratic setting reinterpreted with a contemporary feminine twist, the result of a intriguing blend of contrasts. Alice Dellal is simply not a professional model.

"I never pick top models for my campaigns - said Ermanno Scervino – but women starring in their own lives, ready to daringly upset traditional standards, and who embody the concept of a new, sophisticated elegance." 

'Cover girl' - she has 15 under her belt - expresses an alternative conception of a fashion icon. Not only she has graced the cover of i-D alongside Kate Moss and Twiggy for the Most Iconic British Models issue, but she is also a business woman with remarkable trend-setter skills: she has discovered, financed and enlarged the jewelry collection by Dominic Jones, and also designed exclusive pieces for Beyonce, Rihanna, Daisy Lowe and Alexa Chung.[

vogue.it

This looks really good, her pose and expression is very strong.

WHY!!!!! i'm so sick of famous parents getting their kids jobs w/o any merit of their own. she makes me wanna puke. rie, malgosia, helena, and now ALICE! gross

Why does she still have that stupid hair? It's so unattractive. Actually, everything about this is unattractive. The pose, the colors, the tattoos peeking out of the sleeve, the facial expression. Bleh.

the clothes and accessories look nice, she doesnt especially the trailer park hairstyle

The colours and setting give this a classy and sophisticated feel. The 'tacky' shoes, bare legs and 'edgy' hair could've provided a nice and interesting contrast. But I feel this just looks forced and everything about Alice feels so outdated and far from edgy.

She does nothing for me. My eyes go straight to the shoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velaryon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->