Estée Lauder : Constance Jablonski, Joan Smalls & Liu Wen by Craig McDean

What's the point of having Liu when she isn't fronting any of the products. She has the fewest of ads. Same with Arizona does she even have any ads besides the Modern Muse ones?

What's the point of having Liu when she isn't fronting any of the products. She has the fewest of ads. Same with Arizona does she even have any ads besides the Modern Muse ones?

Arizona is on the EL website every time I check there, so they're definitely using her. Liu on the other hand….they're doing her wrong. I find it a bit disrespectful/insulting that they have a model of her caliber sitting on the bench like this. I don't think we've seen a single ad from Liu for EL in over a year, have we?

Arizona is on the EL website every time I check there, so they're definitely using her. Liu on the other hand….they're doing her wrong. I find it a bit disrespectful/insulting that they have a model of her caliber sitting on the bench like this. I don't think we've seen a single ad from Liu for EL in over a year, have we?

I think Liu was hired to appeal to EL's Chinese/Asian demographic. Unfortunately, that didn't pan out very well. Imo the main reason is that her look just doesn't align with the Chinese perception of beauty, which is fair skin, big eyes and a doll-like face. Girls like Fan Bingbing, Ming Xi, and to some extent, Fei Fei Sun. To expect her to appeal to other Asian countries is quite a stretch as well, because beauty ideals vary from country to country. At this stage she only make sense for Chinese communities in other parts of the world such as the UK & US etc, as they'll have a more 'liberal' perception to beauty? This is just my theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that Eva Mendes?? Since when?

Wow, they lightened the hell out Joan's skin. Her & Eva Mendes look like the same person in these recent ads.

Carolyn is the core of this brand tbh.

Kendall's shots look like Bennetton ads. Cheap.

Carolyn is the core of this brand tbh.

Kendall's shots look like Bennetton ads. Cheap.

God, cannot agree with you more. The rest can all be sacked imo. I mean what's Eva doing here? She's not even much of a beauty, very simple in the looks department. But I guess so is Kendall and Joan.

Liu Wen looks stunning! Glad to see she's still being used by EL China. The ads are bound to be more effective this time, people are able to spot her because of that reality show.

Estee Lauder Nutritious Vitality8 S/S 2017

Model: Gabriella Wilde

esteelauder.com

Liu Wen is back!

Stunning shot, she should be more of a success now. Loads of Vogue China covers, and a big US one.

Who is this Gabriella Wilde? Beautiful, but looks like some Bosworth/Constance hybrid. Is Constance still part of the roster?

So happy for Liu and the fact that she's still getting work from Estee Lauder.

Who is this Gabriella Wilde? Beautiful, but looks like some Bosworth/Constance hybrid. Is Constance still part of the roster?
British actress/model/socialite.

She joined the EL roster a couple of years ago already. Constance's replacement.

British actress/model/socialite.

She joined the EL roster a couple of years ago already. Constance's replacement.

Wow, ok. Thanks for this. May have seen her in ads then. It's odd they didn't go with a model.

Gabriella has been doing Estee Lauder ads for a while now - but there's no predicting when and where she'll appear. Usually in a campaign for moisturiser that only appears in Red or Harpers Bazaar.

I really miss Hilary Rhoda, although I hear she has done some work for them recently?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->