Estée Lauder : Constance Jablonski, Joan Smalls & Liu Wen by Craig McDean

so happy there's finally an asian spokesperson... even tho she's not exactly following asian beauty ideals haha.

Liu's beautiful and I'm glad Estee Lauder's chosen her :heart:

Both of them deserve to be working with Estee Lauder. They embody the look that Estee Lauder is known for till this day.

so happy there's finally an asian spokesperson... even tho she's not exactly following asian beauty ideals haha.

I've heard people say she is considered just average by Asian standards. Can someone explain what "asian beauty ideals" are?

Anyway, I think she looks stunning in these pics; much better than Constance.

I think Asian people are more into the ultra-cute type of women. Girls like Gemma Ward and Sasha P.
Kinda like a cross between Megan Fox and Hello Kitty.

But please correct me if I'm wrong!

I'm Asian and I think she's absolutely beautiful (Especially in the second ad)...:lol: We can't and shouldn't pin down beauty ideals, although that's not realistic, of course.

I think many Asians like girls with big eyes, light skin tone and delicate, feminine features, like Zhang Ziyi or Shu Qi. The obvious beauty, you know, while Liu has more of a model look ^_^

I've heard people say she is considered just average by Asian standards. Can someone explain what "asian beauty ideals" are?

Anyway, I think she looks stunning in these pics; much better than Constance.

Namie Amuro, japanese pop star, is usually one of the girls who have asian beauty ideals.

vidalsassoonadnamieamur.jpg
vidal.jp

2bnamie2bamuro2b05002na.jpg
namie's blog, accessible via cell phone on i-mode

small face, double eye lid, large eyes, full lips, softer feminine face.

Liu Wen is very high fashion, that i agree on, but i'm not sure she's the one to pick to sell cosmetics to an asian audience.

either way, i'm still glad an asian girl gets more exposure.

Maybe Liu Wen's ads aren't just going to appear in Asia, maybe they're looking for worldwide appeal!

probably. i'm just used to seeing asian spokespeople for international brands in Asia. like, Zhang Ziyi is/was a spokesperson for Maybelline for several years, but afaik in Asia only.

^Ziyi's commercials appeared in the US as well (Though she was always in the supporting cast) :smile: But back on topic...:wink:

Another one of Liu's:

MarilynNYblog

I am not quite sure about this one. She's very Lucy Liu-looking (which is a horrible thing if you ask any Chinese for his/her opinion) with that kind of make-up, particularly the eyes and eyebrows. She looks much better in post #59.

I won't say she's stunningly beautiful according to the contemporary Chinese ideals, but she's definitely a first-rate runway model which I don't think anyone would doubt either inside or outside China. Personally I find Du Juan (even though her facial features don't fit into the Chinese beauty ideals perfectly either) more beautiful and gracious, but I can see why Liu Wen has done better than Du Juan professionally. Liu Wen is definitely more versatile and convincing than Du Juan on runway.

UHQ of Liu's Estee Lauder ad (click again to see full size). I find her to be stunning, even more so in the behind the scenes shoot.

businesswire

//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaJT6wEOXAI&feature=player_embedded

:heart:B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->