European Fashion Schools

Joyeux

Reaction score
Hi, I love fashion and styling and would like to get more educated about it. Does any of you know if there are courses about fashion/styling in the Netherlands? I don't want to become a professional stylist (I have a fulltime job), it's just a hobby, so it has to be part time.
Thanks!

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on this forum so I apologize for possibly asking a question that has been answered a million times over.

First I would like to say after a quick look around I am so happy to have been directed to this website with so many fashion enthusiast under one page. I could almost describe it as finding the fashion Mecca.

Anyway, I promise to contain my excitement, I am currently looking at packing my bags and moving from Australia to Italy to follow my heart and embark on a career in fashion. Now the problem begins I have no idea what is a reputable school there. I have been in touch with a few and narrowed it down to a few, but are there more?

This is a little crazy as I do not know much about the fashion industry I have previously only completed a fashion illustration course. I have spent a lot of time in Italy though I still feel cautious about the move.

Has anybody done this in the past? Or know a story they would be willing to share? Or any information at all regarding the schools, the life as a student and the life as a designer in Europe.

Thank you all for anytime spent reading or answering my plea for help.

The best book in my opinion is 9 heads by Nancy Riegelman. It's around $ 80, but its worth it. If you decided to use fashion campus let me know becuz it looks interesting.

Thank you for your replies I am searching through the pages of the link you sent me now. The only problems even though I am only half way through it only seems to be regarding the UK and US schools.

Also hoping someone may be able to share experiences in studying in Italy.

Thanks again

Thankyou all for your replies, the schools I seem to have narrowed it down to are polimoda, IED, accademia italiana and Instituto marangoni. Does anyone have any reps about these schools they could offer?

I am interested in how the school assisted in work placement after completion of the course also as this is very important to me.

And also for current students in foreign countries, do you find that you are able to work to earn an income while you are studying? Is there enough time in your weeks?

Thanks again!

This may be a stretch but are there any fashion schools in Poland?

Lyon Mode City

I'm going to this in a week and wondered if anyone here had been before and what to expect.
Also, I'm going with uni as a student, not as a designer to get a feel for the place. I'm studying contour fashion/fashion design which involved lingerie/swimwear design which feature in the exhibition.
Also, how would you go about asking for samples/catalogues maybe in French does anyone know?
just what can I expect, and any tips :smile: Thanks a lot!

Right now i'm studying abroad in California but have, after a few weeks come to the conclusion that I should be in Europe styding fashion. A friend of mine hav recommended instituto marangoni but after having read a few negative comments about it's school in London I'm very uncertain if I want to apply to it.
The type of education I have in mind is styling, scine I'm a very good dresser and have been told by many people that I have very good taste and a talent when it comes to mixing and matching clothes. I have checked out Parsons and LCF but none of them offer courses which suits me.

Help

Hey guys I am an American highschool student and was wondering about PAris I tried getting in touch with two of the schools the one run by the Chambers syndicale De couture and and Esmod also I looked up Bunka in Japan how hard si it for a foreigner to get in and are they expensive.

Moving on to another school

Hey guys, I'm about to graduate from Parsons this summer and I need some advice. I want to continue my studies (BA) in Europe and I'm conflicted about which school I'd like to go to.

These are my considerations:

CSM (my initial choice)
ESMOD
Studio Bercot
The Royal Academy in Antwerp.

Since the design school thread is closed, can anyone give me opinions about the school listed above? Current students are always welcomed!!!

how come you didn't ad la chambre syndicale on your Paris list? it's rather good. (I'm applying there).

I thought chambre syndicale was more focused on haute couture. What are their requirements?

Good schools in Europe for Costume design

Hi everybody !
I am planning on doing a degree in Costume design in about one year and I was wondering if someone could give me some informations about the best programs there are in Europe, preferably..

Thank you in advance for the help !

Joelle^_^

fashion schools in europe- fashion management

hi everybody,

i am interested in fashion management or something similar in the fashion industry. has somebody heard about the quality of universities in the netherlands or does anybody attend one in europe with the basis management/marketing.

its my biggest wish to study something fashion-related, but design should not be the focus ( knitting etc. ) thats not my cup of tea, but it could also be part of my schedule if its not the mainpart.

i am thankful for any information or your experiences/ thougts about it!

Your question is very complex ... it seems like you are looking for different ideas more than just a school. And so I thought that it would be better to refer you to some threads that are already here. Then you may ask more specific questions in the threads that are applicable for you.

So you know how I found this informtion: I took the time to do an advanced search ... searching thread titles in this Careers & Education Forum with words like : management, marketing, Europe, Netherlands, business and I came up with lots and lots of threads. You may wish to try it with other words ... universities, schools, fashion merchandising.... for example ... to get some more results.

Here's some results from my search, that I though would help you out:

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...patterns-draw-etc-29650.html?highlight=career

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f90/european-fashion-schools-38649.html?highlight=Europe

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/f90/fashion-marketing-37755.html?highlight=marketing

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...ghai-schools-33506.html?highlight=netherlands

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...ashion-industry-54899.html?highlight=business

Last edited by a moderator:
wow bette, your answer really helps me alot , thank you so much !!
i will go through the threads and hopefully also find out what i am actually questioning ^^ i just dont know what to do with myself... there are so many possibilities

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->