11. France
12. Italy
14. United Kingdom
16. Germany
22. Spain

http://www.eurovision.tv/

Contestant from my country, Georgia.

Eldrine - One More Day

Often I only watch the finale, but this year I think I'll watch all the three shows. So I just started warming up by listing to the songs on youtube.

I think Blue (United Kingdom) has good changes of getting far in the contest, especially since probably a lot still remembers them.

Switzerlands contestant Anna Rossinelli has made a song I quite enjoy called In love for a while.

I wanted to add the videos, but I don't know how to do that:blush:.

^Whaaat, Blue as of in that boy-group with all the hotties that had a song with Elton John a few years ago? I didn't know they still existed. Have to check out their Eurovision song now, haha.

Right, I was also surprised to see them competing. A succesful boyband participating in the ESC .. it's like a step back in your career :D But since their best times are over I guess it wont hurt them. I'm kinda curious to see them back, always liked their music when I was younger :flower:

My little girly-groupie-boyband heart still is rooting for Eric Saade :lol:
The song is quite bad tbh but I do think he can come far, just because of his look :lol:

Any other insider tips? Who is hyped this year?

I'll be watching the second semifinal and the final if Romania will qualify. I listened to our song one time only and i didn't like it but i hope somehow others will.

so disappointed that Switzerland got into the final, the girl was awful!
glad Armenia is out, terrible song, terrible voice and terrible show
can't wait for the final

1. Poland

2. Norway

3. Albania
4. Armenia
5. Turkey

6. Serbia
7. Russia
8. Switzerland
9. Georgia

10. Finland
11. Malta
12. San Marino
13. Croatia
14. Iceland
15. Hungary
16. Portugal
17. Lithuania
18. Azerbaijan
19. Greece

so disappointed that Switzerland got into the final, the girl was awful!
glad Armenia is out, terrible song, terrible voice and terrible show
can't wait for the final

Ah, come on, after so many years of us getting zero points and not getting into the finals you should be happy for us :lol: It was another disaster bound to happen with that awkward Lena-clone representing us and I'm surprised but happy she made it into the finale.
And thanks for the list!

oh don't get me wrong, i'm happy for Switzerland, i just didn't like your song

lol, the Switzerland song was my favourite yesterday, I'll be rooting for it :wink:

I don't think Switzerland was that bad either.
All in all the songs yesterday were weak. Croatia was the worst! I'm glad they are out!
I liked Serbias 60's pop Song. It's not one of those typical plastic pop-cliche songs.
Greece was alright, but that rapper was so random

Last edited by a moderator:
oh don't get me wrong, i'm happy for Switzerland, i just didn't like your song
Don't worry, I don't like the song either :lol: I didn't watch the show but there are usually tons of songs which suck much more than ours, so it's good to see for once we're not written off from the start. But we're just too neutral for this contest, none of our neighbor countries would automatically vote for us so it's really hard for us to even get to the finale. This is the first time in years that we passed the first round.

I agree that the songs were weak. But as someone pointed out in a newspaper article, these songs are made to win, not made with emotion.

My second favourite was Serbia, but then again I'm a sucker for anything retro.
Armenia was my least favourite.

Last year we had the worst song! I was so ashamed!:ninja: But this year we have pretty good song and a magnificent singer so I hope we make it.^_^

I don't know what to say. I am supposed to root for France since I am French and I love Opera (even if my taste in music are pretty eclectic) that being said I've never quite understood what people were looking for in Eurovision.. I mean there were some hardrock metal man who won a year and I was :shock:

^i love Eurovision. it's bad songs, crazy costumes and cheesy performances, so much fun to watch. i don't really think it's about the best songs or singers anymore, the times of finding the new ABBA are long gone. one hit wonder and bringing back long forgotten people (this year for example Blue) is all there is to get from this, but i still love it.

In Australia the reasons for watching varies a bit. Some people support where ever their origins come from, others just want entertainment and some people make drinking games out of the whole thing:ninja: Rules vary from white costumes, key changes, wind machines, eyewinks to the camera etc. But the whole thing is delayed till this weekend.

:lol: Seems like fun! I should hit Australia during the Eurovision! I completely forgot it was now until I saw this topic on the board! I have not checked all the performances yet but I guess you are right Alvedansen, they may not be looking for a hit because Eurovision is certainly quite crazy compared to the similar shows :lol:

After listening to all songs I still don't have a favourite.

If Lena's (Germany) entry had some faster/uptempo parts it would be the best song.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->