Eurovision Song Contest 2011

I didn't know that, I thought only European countries can compete.

Me neither. Might as well call it Worldvision then. :P

Here are my thoughts on what happened last night. I haven't really spared my words here, but I mean no harm. ^_^

Liked a Lot

- Germany: Lena, "Taken by a Stranger" - the only "proper" entry in the competition.

Liked

- Bosnia and Herzegovina: Dino Merlin, "Love in Rewind" - Dino was charismatic regardless of the song.
- Finland: Paradise Oskar, "Da Da Dam" - I think we can all agree that this was better than Waldo's People two years ago.
- France: Amaury Vassili, "Sognu" - refreshing! Only the hair deterred me from voting.
- Ireland: Jedward, "Lipstick" - well... I laughed. :D
- Serbia: Nina, "Čaroban" - lead singer had a lovely Edie Sedgwick thing going on.

Fine or Kind of Liked

- Iceland: Sjonni's Friends, "Coming Home" - didn't particularly care for the song either way, but the story behind it is sympathetic.
- Italy: Raphael Gualazzi, "Madness of Love"
- Moldova: Zdob şi Zdub, "So Lucky" - pretty sure they were a dwarf short. :P

Hated, But Only a Little

- Estonia: Getter Jaani, "Rockefeller Street" - had a nice concept, but none of the women sang to the same tune at any time.
- Georgia: Eldrine, "One More Day" - mainly I'd just like to pitch the female vocalist to Nightwish as a serious alternative to Anette Olzon.
- Greece: Loukas Giorkas and Stereo Mike, "Watch My Dance" - this would've been great had it been Loukas Giorkas without Stereo Mike. Also, if Giorkas had just taken his shirt off.
- Hungary: Kati Wolf, "What About My Dreams?" - pretty standard Eurovision, and as such passable.

Hated

- Austria: Nadine Beiler, "The Secret Is Love"; Lithuania: Evelina Sašenko, "C'est ma vie" - I just don't like to hear women sing.
- Russia: Alexey Vorobyov, "Get You" - RedOne? Really?
- Romania: Hotel FM, "Change" - the second worst "save the world" song of the night. Or the second best. Whichever you prefer.
- Slovenia: Maja Keuc, "No One" - I'm pretty sure I saw some of this, but have very little recollection of it, which leads me to believe I turned the channel mid-performance. So I probably didn't love it.
- Switzerland: Anna Rossinelli, "In Love for a While" - just plain bland.
- Ukraine: Mika Newton, "Angel" - not my type of music, and the performance was wobbly. Improved considerably upon muting, though.

Absolutely Hated

- Azerbaijan: Ell & Nikki, "Running Scared" - weak and pathetic, complete with a hairraisingly bad live performance. I would never have dreamed of this winning, and I don't think they did either. Like nails on a chalkboard for me, and the worst of the night.
- Denmark: A Friend in London, "New Tomorrow" - there should really be a license to making music. It's amazing how profoundly stupid lyrics can still sink into some people like hot butter, and that this nearly won actually makes me gag a little.
- Spain: Lucía Pérez, "Que me quiten lo bailao" - was about 20 years behind its time. Belongs as (very) quiet background music at a hotel pool bar on the Canary Islands.
- Sweden: Eric Saade, "Popular" - people loved this? Really? "I will be popular / My body wants you girl"? And that sad excuse of a dance comp, too? Second only to Azerbaijan.
- United Kingdom: Blue, "I Can" - Blue has really gone downhill lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for interest sake again, the unofficial winner for this years eurovision song contest for Australia is Ireland and Azerbaijan came last out of the final 25...

who the **** voted for azerbaijan? :S

and what happened to estonia? i really liked their song!

i appreciate that the nordic countries didn't "buddy vote", i think it ruins the whole thing. i'm glad we (sweden) gave ireland a 12 ^_^ they deserve it!

this was the first eurovision i missed in a long time. I didn't think Azerbajcan was that bad though and even though I didn't hear all the songs, I thought they did have a chance of winning.

Hated

- Austria: Nadine Beiler, "The Secret Is Love"; Lithuania: Evelina Sašenko, "C'est ma vie" - I just don't like to hear women sing.

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh at this :lol:

We had a eurovision themed party yesterday, it was so much fun!

I was hoping Sweden would make it. Not just because its singer was handsome, but also because,,,,, had a spectacular choreography, a brilliant dancer, amazing performance and the song was great! can anyone ask for more?:D

Sweden was/is the winner for me!:heart::heart::heart:

I'm with you :D
Only the lyrics were kinda afwul, they should have go with a bit more variety because the beat is great actually. But I mean, good-looking, great performance .. and that broken glass thing was so cool!
From the moment Eric was announcing the points for Sweden in last years Eurosvision, my friend and me are huge fans. And we were so happy he participated this year!
Srsl, I didn't care for the points for my own country Germany, I was mainly looking and hoping for Sweden :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->