Eva Longoria signs with L'Oreal

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from today's wwd...they have such a strange mix of spokesmodels: beyonce, natalia, laetiticia, jewel, milla j., natalie imbruglia, claudia schiffer :blink:

Eva Longoria, who plays Gabrielle Solis on ABC’s popular Sunday night dark comedy, “Desperate Housewives,” has signed on as a L’Oréal spokeswoman to represent its array of beauty and cosmetics brands worldwide. Longoria’s debut in her new role is scheduled for May in a commercial for the Vive hair care brand.

Longoria, 30, joins a bevy of beauties contracted with the beauty giant, a division of L’Oréal USA Inc., including Beyoncé Knowles and Andie MacDowell.

Carol J. Hamilton, president and general manager for L’Oréal Paris, said the firm had been following the popularity of “Desperate Housewives” for some time and was interested in Longoria “from the beginning.” Hamilton thinks Longoria will appeal to “everyone” but it’s clear she definitely will strike a chord with the 18- to 34-year-old crowd “as well as Latinas who really look up to her,” Hamilton said.

No details about the contract — either how much money Longoria will be paid or how long the contract will last — have been disclosed, but Hamilton said L’Oréal chooses its representatives with the intent of keeping the relationship long term.

Several different versions of the Vive commercial were shot last weekend in Los Angeles, Hamilton said, so “a lot of work” still needs to be done with regard to editing and choosing a version that will best portray the actress in the shampoo and conditioner spots.

Former Vive spokeswomen include Jessica Alba, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Biel and Heather Locklear.

mods: feel free to move this if this thread isn't appropriate :flower:

kimair said:
mods: feel free to move this if this thread isn't appropriate :flower:
You are a mod, are you not? :unsure: :lol:

I didn't know Eva was 30; I thought she was younger.

I can't believe how little Andie MacDowell has aged. She still looks the way she did in Groundhog Day. I wonder how old she is...

The only thing about her is I'm not sure that she has any staying power whatsoever. She seems like the "15 minutes of fame" type to me. She's heading toward massive overexposure, IMO.

AlexN said:
come on, she looks soo 30. *full of hate* :lol:

i dont like her at all..so many beautiful people in the showbiz and they had to signed her :ermm:

AlexN said:
The only thing about her is I'm not sure that she has any staying power whatsoever. She seems like the "15 minutes of fame" type to me. She's heading toward massive overexposure, IMO.

thats what I was thinking too. however, some of Loreal's people (Natalie I. and Jewel come to mind) weren't 'hot' for very long yet they've had continued contracts with Loreal. who knows, they do have quite a roster.

Didn't J-Lo used to model for Loreal hair care? maybe Eva is there to fill the latino-ethnic niche for them left by her.

AlexN said:
agreed. I'm actually pretty sick of her already.

I'm not only sick of Eva, because honestly I don't think she's anything special, I'm sick of hearing about Desperate Housewives.

^Same here. I've actually watched the show twice, and it f**king sucks anyway. It's trash television...like a bad daytime soap opera at night.

the ladies from Desparate Houswives annoy me. Theyre overexposed. The show isnt even good IMHO...

The show is ok- I like trash tv, but at times the show is a little too ridiculous. I can't really put my finger on it but it's not as good as all the hype. I guess people *really* needed something to be obsessed with after SATC came off the air.

I crack up whenever articles try to compare the similarities is fashion between DH and SATC. Yeah the clothes on that show are worth turning in for alone.:rolleyes:

AlexN said:
You are a mod, are you not? :unsure: :lol:

I can't believe how little Andie MacDowell has aged. She still looks the way she did in Groundhog Day. I wonder how old she is...

Andie's turning 47 in 2 weeks, just checked. I was like wow too eventhough i live with bunch of people that look way young for their age.

I thought even for cosmetics Eva would be too short but i guess height doesn't matter too much at all for something like this.

Eva bores me. She's sooooo full of herself. Pageant queen.

I don't know a single person who watches Desperate Housewives. I think it's all a hype marketing ploy.. "well, millions of people watch it every week, don't you?"

Eva Longoria is so pretty....i am so glad that she got this ad since you usually get big money from the make up ads and i heard that she only makes like 20,000 dollars an episode....while Teri Hatcher gets 120,000...so good for her....i love the show

I think she is beautiful, and I like Desperate Housewives. Good for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->