Everything Braids - tricks, tips, and pics

I love my hair in french braids, makes me feel seven again.
It's like wearing heels, you automatically change
in heels you get all sexed up
and in braids i feel like playing hide&goseek and i feel more free spirited
so yes for the braids!

I love this thread! I can't really braid my hair because it is soooo thick, but I still like the look.

i sometimes do a single braid down my back, but i'd never do two. i'd look like i was 12.

Here's my little contribution. I'm not a big fan of JLO but I think she looks really cute in that pic with her hair braided like that...Actually, I'd like to be able to do the same but I'm so clumsy with my hair :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 05jlo.jpg
    05jlo.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 55
I once had my aunt do corn-rows on me, they looked cute... but the hair kept coming out and soon they were rather messy.

^ I know what you mean, I had cornrows done too but it's a style that you can't keep for a long time. It has to be touched up every other day if you want to keep it neat.

aby, i have to agree with your call on that pic of JLo.
does anyone here know how to put hair up that way? any instructions?
i'd love to try...though it looks very complicated.

fashionbébé said:
does anyone here know how to put hair up that way? any instructions?
i'd love to try...though it looks very complicated.
It looks as if she's taken a single long braid, and just pulled it around her head. :flower:
Heidi did exactly the same, but with two at each side, joined together at the top.
Some very cool fish-something braids... my favourite type, next to French.

Attachments

• braids.jpg
    braids.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 115
anyone know how i could make ash´s braids? thanks in advance! im thinking of getting them done for a gala thing i have sat!

I love braids! Unfortunately, I can never figure out a way to do them without looking like an idiot. :(

I love Kirsten's braided 'do in Eternal Sunshine, Ashley's hair at Zac Posen and J. Lo's recent Heidi style. I like random braids in hair worn down - like Sienna Miller wears occasionally - they're just very discreet. I also really like this loose, messy side braid (please ignore that Hohan is the model), a style which I have tried to do myself. Didn't exactly succeed.

Attachments

• hohan.jpg
    hohan.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
so i attempted this after being inspired when seeing the movie (and this thread too!) but it didn't work out very well.
_eternal_sunshine_of_the_spotless_mind__21.jpg

I have very thick hair and can't see how the plaits can stay on the head by just a hairclip without a band holding the plait together. Is there just the one clip holding two plaits together at the middle? Does anyone have a suggestion on how to do this style?

Braids are pretty, especially French braids. I've really got to learn how to do it instead of having someone else do it for me!

^meee tooo :D :heart:

i'm anything but a paris hilton fan... in fact, i'm the anti-paris hilton fan.

but i actually like her hair here. :shock:
(gettyimages)

oops...:blush: here it is.

Attachments

• paris_braid.jpg
    paris_braid.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 14
i love braids! i was JUST going to post on how to get this kind of braid that's on Gemma. I like the really knotty and messy looking braids. Sorry if it's a little hard to see, I just love how it looks really intricate.

Attachments

• gemhairknot.JPG
    gemhairknot.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 42
How are the braids held up? Like the ones J-lo has - Is it all pins?

first time seein most of these people with braids ... some look so cute with them! :flower:

kickassgood said:
anyone know how i could make ash´s braids? thanks in advance! im thinking of getting them done for a gala thing i have sat!

err..this is a bit late, but i did the ashley thing on sunday, except i did the braids on both sides of my side part and kept my hair loose and flowing. they looked great! for me, the key was to start the braid about and inch from my hairline, so i had some hair to bring into the french braid. good luck everyone! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->