Everything Braids - tricks, tips, and pics

Untitled-2.jpg

Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko..:P

_41051545_tymofinal.jpg

Yeah, she's 44 years old! :blush:

OOh I read about her! .. she wears black lace and corsets to very important meetings and Vivienne Westwood-esque platforms!

Anyway, thanx for the fishtails method! I practiced on my little sister and its the easiest thing to do! Wish I'd known this ages ago!

Can anyone find a picture of Jessica SImpson with that braid she had kind of on the top going down the side? i think its cool!

longlegsue said:
Here you go bridget :flower:

Fishtail Braids

This is a stunning two-strand braid and is a great way to learn the concept of French braiding before tackling three strands.

1. Divide a small section of hair where you want the braid to start (usually at the hairline at the front of the head or just behind your bangs if you have them) into two even sections.
2. Comb each section smooth.
3. Cross the right hand section over the left section.
4. Pull the sections away from each other to tighten the plait.
5. Using the pointed end of a rat tail comb, lift a small section of hair on the right by drawing a line against the scalp from the hairline to the middle of the braid about a half inch to an inch beneath the first plait, depending on the thickness of your hair and how woven you want it to look (more strands create a more woven appearance).
6. Add the new section of hair to the existing section on the right and then cross it over the left section; tighten the plait.
7. Again using the handle of a rat tail comb, lift a small section of hair on the left by drawing a line against the scalp from the hairline to the middle of the braid even with the section you just lifted from the right, add this hair to the existing section on the left and then cross it over the right section.
8. Continue the process alternating right and left sections, tightening each plait as you make it, until you reach the hairline at the nape of the neck.
9. Secure the remaining hair with a hair-safe ponytail holder. You can then let the remaining hair hang free or weave a standard English braid to the ends.

Tips: For a different look, cross the sections of hair under each other instead of over. Keeping your hands close to the head will create a tighter braid, holding your hands away from the head will create a looser, more drapey braid.

from www.longlocks.com

Can you post a picture of a fishtail?

dreamboatannie said:
Can anyone find a picture of Jessica SImpson with that braid she had kind of on the top going down the side? i think its cool!
ee449bfc.jpg

you can also find a bunch of pics on her thread in Star Style

purplelucrezia said:
It honestly seems rather silly, but we don't have a topic for them, so I thought that I'd start one up myself. Does anyone else have any images to share? I've always liked braids myself, especially the inverted style.

Braids.jpg
Great thread Purple, I cant wait to do this to my hair!:flower:

i love braids :D:heart:

Attachments

• langstrumpf-pippi-pippi-lachtherr-nilson-guckt-2300787.jpg
    langstrumpf-pippi-pippi-lachtherr-nilson-guckt-2300787.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 896
  • lasoif-bywilliambouguereau.jpg
    lasoif-bywilliambouguereau.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 894
narciso rodriguez ad

Attachments

• narciso1.jpg
    narciso1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 36
anna!..is that the one and only pipi longstocking? :o :wub:

oh anyway, i love braids too much..i tend to do them on a regular basis ^_^
00055.L.JPG

Reconstruction (danish movie :heart: :(
34716_366_220.jpg

I'm in love with the Narciso Rodriguez that Anna_Karina posted. Carmen looks amazing in that hairstyle. :heart::heart::heart:

from ellegirl.com

untitled2.bmp

WARRIOR PRINCESS

shim.gif
What's hotter than micro-mini braids? Matching them to your eye make-up. Weave strands of fabric in unexpected colors into a few thin sections around your face. Divide a small strand of hair into three sections and tie a skinny piece of fabric around one of these sections. Make a braid, then secure it by tying the fabric around the bottom. Bobby-pin one across your forehead while humming Aquarius.

untitled3.bmp

ETHEREAL GIRL

shim.gif
Use the same braiding technique you mastered with the Warrior Princess look, but this time, channel your inner Greek goddess by creating one large braid and wrapping it all the way around your head to make a wreath. If your hair isn't long enough, make a side part, braid down as far as you can, then tuck the end behind your ear with a bobby pin.

untitled4.bmp

ETHEREAL GIRL'S NIGHT OUT
shim.gif
Continue the "wrap-braid" technique, braiding and pinning your hair in 2-inch sections for a majorly modified up-do. Use Scunci No-Slip Grip pins and your look will stay put all day.

untitled5.bmp

COOL COVER
shim.gif
Everyone from Jackie O to Jessica Simpson can totally rock a headscarf. Fold the scarf in half to form a large triangle. Tightly pull back the two sides and tie in a knot. Wear low on your forehead and cover your ears for a seventies Bond Girl vibe.

untitled6.bmp

MERMAID CHIC
shim.gif
Air dry post-shower and let the wind and sea air work its natural magic. Or mist your whole head with a 1:5 part mixture of salt and water and scrunch it with your fingers while blow-drying on low. Next, braid a few skinny sections (to weave in fabric, take a refresher course from the Warrior Princess look) on the sides to keep strands from getting trapped in your lip gloss. Gently pull apart the braids for an exquisitely rumpled texture.

I wore my hair braided at the nape of my kneck for my wedding.
0003.jpg

Attachments

• MyHairTrial01.jpg
    MyHairTrial01.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 9
^ i love what you did :woot:

what's not to love when it comes to braids, been rockin them since i was a tot ^_^

IS_10380404.jpg

hanne this is what I mean.......I have searched for AGES for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->