Everything Facial Moisturizers

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by lilac0485, Sep 27, 2003.

1. lollicandy

lollicandy Active Member

I like Vichy Thermal Water too. Its not really salt, but sulfur in it that gives it that 'taste'. Its pretty distinctive and somewhat faint but there. Sulfur is often used to treat acne as an ingredient in creams/masks/etc due to antibacterial qualities.

Vichy Nutrilogie is a really emollient winter dry skin moisturizer.

2. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

ive been using a neutrogena anti-oxident age reverse day lotion (20$) (neutrogena.com)
    [​IMG]

however it does not moisturize super well and is not good for winter weather i think. every other night i use the patricia wexler serum. i also use retin a micro which dries out my skin...

3. fashionandstyle1

fashionandstyle1 New Member

I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for combination skin. I can't say it works miracles but it is reliable and pretty cheap too^_^
    [​IMG]
    neutrogena.com

4. Gwen

Gwen All that Glitters is Gold

Can someone tell me more about this Shea Butter? Is it actually for your face? How is the consistency? Would it be good to use with combination/oily skin? It sounds neat but I don't know much about it. :smile:

5. iLoveCouture

iLoveCouture catch me if you can

I just started using Korres Pomegranate Balancing Moisturizer. I really like it a lot so far and also appreciate the fact that everything from this line is natural. Here is a short description of it from sephora.com:

A light-textured cream/gel, which carefully meets the needs of oily and combination skin, regulating the sebum secretion, while hydrating. It also makes an excellent makeup base.

pic from sephora.com

6. unipine

unipine New Member

Best Facial Moisturizer?

i think the cold weather has dehydrated my skin a bit, because my face is starting to feel very tight and dry and downright uncomfortable. the dry spots are mostly along my cheekbones, where it's visibly redder and almost flaky.

what facial moisturizers do you guys use? i'd love something fairly light -- nothing too heavy or oily.

7. Sugarmama

Sugarmama New Member

I've been using Aveeno Ultra-Calming Moisturizer with SPF 15. I have very dry, sensitive, somewhat acne-prone skin, and seems to be working well for me(I've only used it for about 2 weeks though). My skin looks alot smoother, and the moisturizer is not too greasy.

[​IMG]
    (aveeno.com)

8. Sugarmama

Sugarmama New Member

Shea butter is thick, with a distinctive smell I had to get used to. It spreads very well so you only need to use a little bit. I never used it on my face but on my body and in my hair.

9. Any reviews on Claudalie moisturizers? I've heard some good stuff about them, and I'm deciding wheter I should try their Beauty Elixir.

10. joie

joie New Member

I use a combination of the following, depending on my mood:
    - jojoba oil (don't quote me but I think it has a natural but very low SPF)
    - Nivea Soft
    - Neostrata Ultra Smoothing Lotion/Gel Plus (only at night)
    - Natural Instinct (australian brand) SPF 30 mineral sunscreen

I have tried probably a hundred different moisturisers over the years (I'm 2:cool: and these are the best to hydrate, treat and protect my formerly combo/oily but now normal skin.

For a toner I use Nivea Refreshing Toner and put it in a spray bottle. That seems to work pretty well. Or rosewater from the chemist.

11. waterdrop

waterdrop New Member

I use Olay Total effects 7x.

12. Hipkitten

Hipkitten Diamond

Right now I am loving everything Boscia! For moisturizers for day I use Oil-Free Daily Hydration SPF 15 and for night Recharging Night Moisture.
    sephora.com

13. Tushka_BeLLa

Tushka_BeLLa New Member

Anybody use Dermalogica?

14. Godiva

Godiva Member

L'Occitane's Lavender Matte Face Lotion seems to be the best option for my skin.

15. notmanons

notmanons New Member

Yup I've used literally ALL of their moisturisers, at the moment i'm using Active Moist which I guess it most suited to Summer as its pretty light-weight.

16. indian_rose

indian_rose Active Member

Siana Moisturising Anti-Wrinkle Cream

Has anyone heard/tried this?

It has been on the news today that apparently its supposed to be really good and works better than alot of the more expensive creams. Plus its only £1.89 at Aldi!

Here is an article about it:

Forget Botox, try the award winning £1.89 anti-ageing cream that's flying off supermarket shelves

By TAHIRA YAQOOB

[​IMG]

Forget baked beans, frozen chips and dog food.

For there is a new item topping thousands of women's shopping lists as they make their supermarket trolley dash - and it promises to preserve their looks and stave off wrinkles for the princely sum of £1.89.

While millions are prepared to lavish a fortune on a miracle cure to beat the ravages of time, a discount supermarket chain claims it holds the secret to a flawless complexion.

Aldi has launched its own-label beauty range - and thousands of women have been clearing its shelves of its bargain £1.89 anti-wrinkle day cream after it scooped a raft of beauty awards. The Siana Moisturising Anti-Wrinkle Day Cream beat more expensive and better-known brands such as Helena Rubenstein, Olay and Elemis to be named one of the best anti-aging products on the market, with experts describing its 'glowy, facial-like' quality and smoothing effect on wrinkles.

Woman's Own magazine, who cited the range as one of the best bargain buys, said it was 'as good as the pricier products from well-known names...beauty industry tongues are wagging because it is so cheap and really works.'
    And when 2,000 volunteers blind-tested the day cream for another magazine and voted it one of the best anti-aging products around - beating the likes of Olay Regenerist and Pond's - sales rocketed by more than 2000 per cent.
    The number of women flocking to Aldi to fill their trolleys has soared from 890 a week nationwide at the beginning of the year to more than 20,000 a week with dozens of stores selling out completely.

Many of the product's fans are thought to be bulk-buying the cream because it is so cheap. Caroline Carey, the UK's buying director for the German supermarket, said: "We have been inundated with calls from women begging to know where they can get it from and lots of our 364 stores have sold out. "Our orders have rocketed from about 5,000 a week to 66,000 so we can cope with the demand. "It has been incredible and just proves you do not need to spend £50 on a pot of cream to get a decent anti-wrinkle product. "This gives you all the same protection as more expensive brands but is fantastic value." She added the chain was able to offer the cream - which also has a night version for the same price - for less than £2 for a 50ml pot because of a number of cost-cutting measures in-store. They include pre-packing food rather than having service counters as well as getting shoppers to pack and pay for their own bags, enabling them to give discounts of up to 40 per cent compared to its rivals.

Manufacturers say the cream works because it includes all the same ingredients as more expensive potions - at a fraction of the price. It contains the enzyme Q10, a substance which mimics the body's ability to protect against premature aging. Bioflavone taken from elderberry blossoms together with vitamins C and E are said to guard the skin against damaging free radicals.

Manufacturers claim the ingredients are boosted with provitamin B5 and aloe vera to drench the skin with moisture while the cream has a sun protection factor of 4 to protect against sun damage. The night version includes retinol complex to stimulate cell growth.

The day cream was imported to the UK last year after beating 14 leading brands - including a £50 Helena Rubenstein cream and potions from Nivea and Laboratoire Garnier - in an independent survey in Germany, where it is made.
    Testers in a British magazine poll, who were not told which brand it was, said: "After about two weeks fine lines around my eyes were less noticeable. My skin felt firmer, brighter and refreshed." Another commented: "I was asked if I'd had a facial. I think it must be expensive."

The cream looks set to copy the success of Boots' No 7 Protect and Perfect Beauty Serum, which became a sell-out last year after scientists discovered it could rejuvenate skin. And it could outsell the £50 Athena 7 minute Lift, which manufacturers claimed was a painless and injection-free alternative to Botox. The cream was said to work by temporarily freezing the skin and filling in fine lines and wrinkles.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

#216 indian_rose, Feb 5, 2008
    Last edited by moderator : Feb 5, 2008
  17. Freya

Freya New Member

I heard about that Indian Rose. Let me know what it is like? I am very dubious though.

I have recently bought Vitamin E face cream from Holland and Barrett. So far I am liking it and at a price of £2.39 BARGAIN

18. Ksanochka Vanmra

Ksanochka Vanmra New Member

I absolute love my lotion and emulsion from the Sensai Silk line. What can I say... I love Kanebo.

19. solg

solg meet the press

That's a good choice. I used it until a month ago when i got the Biotherm Aquasource Non-Stop.
    [​IMG]
    I just started using it, but it's been great so far. I've got combination skin and this moisturizer is very light and doesn't leave my face feeling like it's melting. Not to say that it's summer at the moment, so it's a much harder test to pass.

image | biotherm-usa.com

20. defiled

defiled New Member

Allergic or Sensitive Skin

what are some face moisturizers that are oil-free, hypoallergenic, and non-comedogenic?