Everything Facial Moisturizers

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by lilac0485, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Miwi

Miwi New Member

^^I want to know that, too. I got sample of Aubrey Blue Green Algae Moisturizer (SPF 15) for combination/oily skin and it's pretty good-it's organic and non-comedogenic. I think I'll buy it, but before that I want to hear some other options.:wink:

2. PinkAddiction

PinkAddiction New Member

i am a fan of avene when it comes to moisturizers, i am very allergic and they dont hurt me.

3. izzie stevens

izzie stevens it's a hard-knock life.

i have to recommend the dr. hauschka rose day cream light. i've been using it for a month now and it is the best decision i have ever made!

4. SHSH

SHSH New Member

If anyone has oily skin or is prone to spots etc buy pure a by garnier its blue and it is a miracle worker clears ur skin and hydrates

5. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

^^That stuff is sh*t. I wouldnt recommend anyone use it.

6. SHSH

SHSH New Member

:( why not?

7. LetThemEatCake

Sorry SHSH that was rude of me. If it's working for you, that's great. I just would switch it up sooner or later because your skin might get to used to it. Also, I'm just not partial to drugstore moisturizers, but to each their own...

8. limo

limo New Member

I have dry skin that breaks out occasionally. I'm trying to find a good night cream.
    Has anyone used shea butter on their face and did you break out?
    TIA

9. LucindaMay

LucindaMay New Member

I love this product as well! I use Quince as well, and the regular Rose cream in winter. :heart:

10. izzie stevens

i haven't heard of quince. is it another of their moisturizers? and does it work well for combination skin? :flower:

11. DandyWarhol

DandyWarhol New Member

does anyone know a good face creme, something i could get @ sephora maybe, that is good for moisturizing dry skin but is not greasy?
    (and maybe not a million bucks!)

12. defiled

defiled New Member

i don't know if this goes here but... what do you all think? skip or don't skip the moisturizer at night?

13. izzie stevens

^ skip the night creams. i have been following that regimine and using dr. hauschka's line for a month's time now and my skin has never felt or looked this darned healthy. i have good skin to begin with, but now? it's amazing!

14. Cindysaurus

Cindysaurus New Member

has anyone tried philosophy's 'hope in a jar'? is it any good?

15. izzie stevens

i forgot to mention, if you absolutely feel as if you need to put something on your face at night, use the dr. hauschka toner. i use the clarifying toner at night because i have combination skin and big pores, but if you have dry skin, use the regular facial toner. :flower:

16. izzie stevens

i have! i am addicted to their perfumes, and so i tried their facial care line because i was curious and quite honestly, nothing was effective. i tried it for well over five months and saw no difference. it was almost as if i wasn't using anything. their purity cleanser never really made my skin feel clean. it's really watery and i feel that it's over priced for something that felt on my skin as if i had bought it at cvs or something! and some of their stuff even made me begin to look as if i was about to break out, which was horrible because i am not acne prone nor have i ever had an acne problem. (i am paranoid about ever having pimples, though, so i will admit that i use acne-preventing products because i think i will die of embarrassment the day that i ever have to deal with acne or pimples or anything like that.)

the only philosophy product that i recommend, aside from their perfumes and lotions which are all delish, is their hope and a prayer topical vitamin c powder. i used it for a while and it really worked well. i had a tiny scar on my chin that has always bothered me and by mixing the powder with any moisturizer, it literally made the tiny scar disappear. :flower:

oh, yeah, their shampoos and body washes are really good, too! but that's about it. :( trust me, there is nothing from the philosophy line that i haven't used and half of it all in stored in a bin in my bathroom. so if anyone wants it, i swear, let me know! i don't want it, that's for sure!

#236 izzie stevens, Mar 20, 2008
    Last edited by moderator : Mar 20, 2008
  17. I'm interested...:o was it a recent scar?

18. LetThemEatCake

Hmm I just know I dont want dry premature aging skin and so when my skin is it's most active, at night, I apply products that are the most penetrating and active. I cant skip moisturizer for my skin. And your skin is always producing more sebum unless you're a very very dry skin type.

Oh and I hate Philosophy! :lol:

19. Deborah

Deborah New Member

I like to use a little sudocrem on the areas which are breaking out.

20. izzie stevens

it was an old scar. very small, but i always noticed it and it really did disappear from the use of that powder.