Everything Facial Moisturizers

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by lilac0485, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Vanilla_Lush

Vanilla_Lush Member

i tried putting vaselin around my eye area. woke up with bright and great looking skin. no dark circles or puffiness. tried doing it a few times after that, but i never got the same results again. i read things online that you can get white bumps and infections so i've quit and it wasn't doing anything anymore.

2. CoconutWater

CoconutWater New Member

Helena, Have you tried Korres? I have tried 2 separate moisturizers from them and all they do is moisturize, no irritation! But my skin is not too sensitive. I have used mandarin (which I think has been discontinued) and I am on my 3rd or 4th jar of Alpine Herbs.

And I have to second using jojoba oil - I use it at night as a cleanser (well, i mixed it with grapeseed and olive oil) and it actually makes my skin less oily the day after - the whole reason why skin is oily is because it thinks it is too dry and it overproduces oil. So you will be kind of beating your natural oils to the punch, so to say. Jojoba oil is a liquid wax that is very similar in structure to your natural face oils, but it does irritate some people.

3. larien

larien at the irish pub

It is the combination.Any suggestions?? :flower:

4. miu_miu

miu_miu little soul

^I always like the Vitamin E range, I'd go for that :flower:

5. Sloan

Sloan I love model_mom!

Anyone tried Olay Regenerist? I am working from home today and watching a program where they compared anti-aging skincare, specifically moisturizers. This Olay Regenerist line was number 1! They specifically mentioned the Deep Hydration Regenerating Cream - Regenerates + Intense Hydration

6. larien

larien at the irish pub

Ok,i will try that,too.Thanks for helping honey :heart::flower:

7. kmccormi

kmccormi New Member

Hi defiled,

I don't know how dry you are, but I recommend Vanicream. I'm not TOO dry so I like their Lite Lotion but have also used their regular moisturizer in the winter. That brand is fabulous for making minimalist, oil-free, fragrance-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic products.

I also recommend Cetaphil's DailyAdvance Ultra Hydrating Lotion ... it's light and absorbs quickly but really adheres to its promise of delivering an immediate surge of moisture that lasts. It's fragrance-free, non-irritating and non-comedogenic; however it does include Macadamia Nut Oil. However, I have acne-prone skin and this lotion has never ever made me break out or feel super-oily; it makes my skin very nice and balanced.

8. Hipkitten

Hipkitten Diamond

I have the same skin type and the best night moisturizer I've found is Boscia Recharging Night Moisture. It keeps my skin clear (I breakout when I'm dry) and it has calmed my skin. I also think this would work for most skin types. Highly recommended - especially if you have sensitive/acne-prone skin :flower:

9. Lara_L

Lara_L New Member

The best moisturisers I've ever used are Origins. Actually, I think I can safely say that I don't think Origins have ever made a bad product! Anyway, I have three of their moisturisers that I use regularly: For my day creme I like Organic Face Lotion, which has lovely shea butter and makes the skin soft and hydrated but still breathable, and at night I put a think layer of Mega Mushroom Plantidote Creme and then top it with some Nite-a-mins (super mineral charged). Beautiful! I layer my moisturisers over Perfect World serum, also by Origins, which is based on white tea. It might sound like a lot, but I just LOVE my moisturisers and my skin has never looked better!

10. Eimii

Eimii New Member

Thankyou! I have just seen your reply.
    I decided against the strobe liquid and got enzymion from lush instead, which seems to be working for my oily skin pretty well :D

11. izzie stevens

izzie stevens it's a hard-knock life.

^ is that available at sephora, do you know? :shifty: i might have to give it a try!

12. She Sends Kisses

She Sends Kisses New Member

i really like the laura mercier moisturizers with spf 15

13. Eimii

Eimii New Member

Izzie if you mean me, I'm not sure although I don't think it is, there is a lush store in nyc though, I know :D

14. izzie stevens

^ yes, i meant you my dear! :D and awesommmmeee!!! thank you!

15. cath85

cath85 Member

does anyone use la roche-posay? I used to be a big fan, but it seems they are completely changing their line right now. I didn't find the moisturizer I've been using for years instore (it's called toleriane), so I figured why not try something new and I bought physiane from the same brand and it actually irritates my skin! I know I have sensitive skin, but still a moisturizer isn't supposed to make your cheeks all red is it? :blink:

16. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

Cheeks are our most sensitive area on our face, other than the eye contour area. You must have a reaction or allergy to something in the cream. I'm sorry I dont know more about La Roche Posay, never have used anything of theirs but have always wanted to try their sunscreen. Take it back to where you got it and maybe get some samples of other stuff to try before committing to purchase?

17. izzie stevens

18. cath85

cath85 Member

it's been a long time since I bought it, I had to finish my old tube of toleriane, I don't think they'd take it back :doh: anyway it's heating, so that's probably why it makes me go red, but now that Spring is there, that's maybe not necessary. I think I'll keep it for the next winter, to apply it in the morning... but thanks a lot for trying to help me!!

19. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Where can you purchase jojoba oil?

On the hunt for a good moisturizer for my Christmas list...

20. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

I am dying to try Mario Badescu moisturizers but I still have to finished up the other 200 bottles of moisturizers from a bunch of random brands that I bought on a hunch... *sigh*
    So far my best experience with facial moisturizers has got to be Nuxe. Their Creme Fraiche and Huile Prodigieuse make me feel great about my face. :lol: