Everything Facial Moisturizers

Moisturize in the morning and the evening!

I use a moisturizer with salicylic acid in it to lightly exfoliate and clear out pimples (Philosophy Hope in a Bottle) in the morning, and at night I am using Philosophy's Miracle Worker moisturizer (anti aging). I'm almost done with the Miracle Worker treatment though so I'll switch to another rich moisturizer.

I use Pond's Cold Cream - and I will never use anything else! :heart:

I like La Roche Posay hydraphase legere. It's not too creamy, so it hydrates my combination skin without making it greasy. It's very light on.

I'm just thinking about getting it. :woot::woot:
But still doubting between the light and the heavier version.
As we're heading to fall, I might get the heavier version afterall.

I have mixed skin that tends to be dry in the fall-winter.

I use moisturizer both morning and night, but my morning one is just a sunscreen moisturizer. At night, I like Chanel Hydramax + Active Creme, or Cerave PM and various serums and oils.

I gave my favorite Dr.Hauschka Rose Cream Light a break and started using Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre because of all the great things I've read abd the fact that it's a models/celeb favorite product.

It's good but I don't see what the big deal is about it. I think I'll go back to Dr.H after I finish it.

Anyone else thinks it's overrated??

any recommendations for moisturisers with spf that doesnt leave a horrible oily film on your skin and doesnt feel heavy?

I gave my favorite Dr.Hauschka Rose Cream Light a break and started using Embryolisse Lait Creme Concentre because of all the great things I've read abd the fact that it's a models/celeb favorite product.

It's good but I don't see what the big deal is about it. I think I'll go back to Dr.H after I finish it.

Anyone else thinks it's overrated??

I don't love either, but I'd favor Embryolisse over Dr. Hauschka any day of the week. The Rose Cream Light didn't do much for hydrating my skin, and seemed to really clog my pores up after using it for a few months -- I've never had an issue with breakouts or problematic skin.

any recommendations for moisturisers with spf that doesnt leave a horrible oily film on your skin and doesnt feel heavy?

What's your skin type? La Roche Posay makes a good one that soaks in well, Hydraphase UV but I believe it's targeted at sensitive and/or dry skin.

I'm currently using the Toleraine Ultra by La Roche Posay and am absolutely loving it. I just layer if over La Roche Posay Anthelios sunscreen.

has anyone else fallen in love with elemis marine cream? second year in a row and i stand by this with great gumption...it smells like the sea too. ;-)

I miss using Decléor Instant Radiance Moisturizer, I absolutely love the glow it gives! So bummed that it doesn´t give me enough moisture during the colder months. I need to find a moisturizing serum or something so use under it, then it might work.

Try using one that has zinc oxide or titanium dioxide in it. They are mineral sunsreens and physically block the sun. Chemical sunscreens, like in most moisturizers, absorb the uv rays, not block them. They also tend to be more oily, for me at least. Also the fact that some people say the chemical based ones release free radicals and break down on your skin...eww if they are right. Anyway, I like the Yes To line that is made in Israel. I have used the Yes To carrots, cucumbers, and tomatoes line. I like the cucumber day lotion with spf 30 the best. It is very soothing and does not make me any more oilier than my normal skin already is.

When do you think is the best time for using moisturizere? Night or day?

I'll be honest....I skip night sometimes. If you cleanse and your face is not dry or tight, it should be ok. Day is when you really need it. To protect your face from the sun and elements :smile: But also, night is when you can repair with a treatment.

Whats the best dewy moisturizer you've tried?

I'm lately obsessed with the dewy look, but can't find a good moisturizer that gives me a obvious dewy glow, most are too subtle. If it matters i won't be using any makeup with it other than mascara or lip gloss, and it can be tinted but doesn't have to be. And i have normal skin in the summer and dry in the winter. Has anyone used anything great that they would ike to share? thank you :smile:

^ I was also about to recommend that one, it gives my skin the most beautiful dewy look :smile:

I recently started using The Body Shop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream and it is hands down one of the best moisturizers I have ever used. I have extremely sensitive skin when it comes to moisturizers and this one not only does what it says it will do but doesn't irritate or clog my pores. (Most moisturizers cause my skin to turn red and go itchy :().

Usually this time of the year my skin gets really dry and flakes. And it was making my makeup look terrible. So I bought this to use instead of my Aveeno and a little goes a looong way. So happy I ended purchasing this. Definitely recommend to those living in cooler climates :flower:.

Party vixen I'll check that out,I've used other companies vitamin e products before and found that thy are harsh on my skin. It might just have been the product as opposed to it being vitamin e. I usually use la roche posay moisturizer,as I find it soothes my skin and a little goes a long way.

My dry, dull skin is so frustrating!

I received some SkinCeuticals products from my sister-in-law - syrum, eye cream, moisturizer... but no difference. I won some Lily B. products - no difference. I see better results when I slather on Pond's Cold Cream at night.

What gives, I wonder?

Party vixen I'll check that out,I've used other companies vitamin e products before and found that thy are harsh on my skin. It might just have been the product as opposed to it being vitamin e. I usually use la roche posay moisturizer,as I find it soothes my skin and a little goes a long way.

Vitamin E products tend to react well with my skin to begin with, so I think that's why I lucked out with this moisturizer.

Before I was using the Avene Hydrance Optimale Rich Hydrating Cream but it irritated my skin and was it was getting worse. Which is too bad because I am a big fan of Avene skin care.

I'm always so tempted at Sephora and makeup counters to get some new fancy moisturizer (or other skin potion), but I always stick to my usual Jason's Vitamin E cream or this other brand (I forget the name, it's at Whole Foods as well). My skin is dry, and the Jason's cream is thick and in the morning my face feels soft and hydrated. Sometimes I think simpler products can do an even better job than those expensive creams.

Does anyone use moisturizers for decreasing/limiting redness in the face? I'm starting to think I should probably get one the next time I need a moisturizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->