Everything Facial Moisturizers

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by lilac0485, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

^ I'm curious about this, as well.

2. pavonine

pavonine Active Member

^Try the Darphin Intral range. It's specifically created for sensitive/intolerant//rosacea-prone skin. You could always try the Intral Redness Relief Recovery Cream and Intral Redness Relief Soothing Serum. It's not cheap, but worth every penny.

3. serenab

serenab Active Member

I really love Amore Pacific's hydra gel. It's kind of insanely amazing but it has parabens. Does anyone have a rec for an alternative?

4. solg

solg meet the press

ChloeFrancoise Avene has a great range of redness relief line. I've never tried them because it's not something I have an issue with, but I'm a big fan of the brand, and always hear good things about their products.

5. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

if you want to save a few dollars eucerin redness relief is really good. you can find it at duane reade. avene is harder to find in our region.

6. ChloeFrancoise

ChloeFrancoise Active Member

Thanks for the responses. :smile:

7. TommyGirl

TommyGirl Active Member

My new moisturizer obsession is Elizabeth Arden Intervene-line, I use day and night cream. The day cream is "radiance boosting" and I don`t know if it`s placebo or what, but I like my skin after it. Night cream is for stress recovery, leaves very smooth skin, but is not as light as the day cream.

And the serums are the other story then.. I`d like to test them all :D

8. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

I'm looking for a great moisturizer to use seeing as pretty much everything I try doesn't seem to work for me. I have dry skin, plus on top of that, very sensitive skin. So...not a great combo. So far I've tried brands like Korres, Clinique, Topcare (drugstore brand), and First Aid Beauty but none of them seem to do the trick. Does anyone have suggestions for brands I might want to look into? Thanks!

#348 YoninahAliza, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by moderator ace_shoe freak: Aug 26, 2012
  9. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

cerave and cetaphil are the gentlest brands. they are also reasonably priced.

you might want to look into aveeno as well.

10. Vega Magnus

Vega Magnus New Member

I need a daytime moisturizer that is light, non-clogging, and does not cause oil or acne. Any ideas?

11. Vega Magnus

Vega Magnus New Member

^Forget that. I have already have one that I think will work.

12. YoninahAliza

YoninahAliza New Member

Thank you for your advice! :flower: I'll check out those brands. Do you know of any brands that are higher end too? I'm curious about that as well.

13. Nikoline

Nikoline New Member

^ L'Occitane Ultra Gentle Moisturizer is pretty good for my sensitive skin, my new favourite!

14. thisismyname

thisismyname New Member

Some mid-range brands (that are still available at most drugstores but are bit pricier) that have a lot of products that work well for sensitive skins are La Roche Posay and Avene. I have used several moisturizers from both of those brands, and have liked nearly every one that I have tried. And FYI I know someone mentioned Aveeno above... I know all skins are different, but my sensitive skin always reacts to Aveeno facial moisturizers.

I'm not sure if Kiehl's is what you would consider higher end, but many of their products are suitable for sensitive skins (but if I were you, I would test out their products that have plant extracts before you buy, because those are known skin irritants. I have sensitive skin and my skin loves some of their products that have essential oils (like the Midnight Recovery Concentrate), but if you are worried, stick to the simple moisturizers. Their Panthenol Protein moisturizer is fantastic for the winter time, and since it comes in a big tub, it's honestly a good value. I also like their Ultra Facial cream, which is nice and simple, but overpriced for what it is, in my opinion.

Honestly, a lot of the "high end" brands just put lots of irritating fragrance in their products, and use basically untested technology (for which the best case scenario is that it does nothing special, worse case that it irritates your skin)... I don't think many of the department store brands are the places to go for a moisturizer for sensitive skin.

15. Eurasian Mélange

Eurasian Mélange New Member

Body and Facial Moisturisers with SPF

I searched the forum and didn't find a post on moisturisers with SPF. I'm sure I cannot be the only one who dislikes using plain sunscreen because it is always so greasy and leaves white marks on your skin! Or the only person who would prefer to combine two products into one because they're poor and can't be arsed to sit in the bathroom for ages applying all sorts of things.

Does anyone have any recommendations for body and facial moisturisers that contain SPF15-30? Especially non-greasy ones that do not leave white marks. :P

I've heard good things about moisturisers with SPF from Olay, Aveeno and Neutrogena, but I'm looking for a facial moisturiser that works well with an oily face. The skin on my arms and legs can get rather dry, but overall I think my body skin is fairly `normal' and doesn't require a special cream/lotion.

What's your skin type and what brands have worked best for your face and/or body?

16. LagerfeldBoy

LagerfeldBoy Active Member

I'm currently using a sample of Mario Badescu's oil-free moisturizer with spf 17 and it's quite good :smile:

17. ParisFashionMuse

ParisFashionMuse Active Member

^i agree on mario badescu skin care products i always use olay because of my grandmothers skin is wrinkle free i use hyrdration lotion for night and spf version its quite good for skin

18. dumbfairy

dumbfairy Active Member

I use a moisturizer by Simplem,and there are 2 diferent types,light and rich. This is a silly question,but are there any real differences between the two?

19. ellastica

ellastica Well-Known Member

I've been using Yes to Carrots moisturizer with SPF 15. LOVE it! It has the SPF 15 thats essential plus it feels like a true rich moisturizer (rather than tacky sunblock consistency that's common). works well for me dry skin and my hubbies sensitive skin loves it too! quite affordable at around $15.

20. etceteraism

etceteraism New Member

I have used the La Roche Posay Hydraphase Legere moisturizer for years and just love it. My skin is combination but dehydrated, and this is the only stuff that makes my skin feel comfortable without being greasy. In winter I do wear a different cream at night, just because my skin needs a BIT more moisture. They also make a rich version-I may try this for winter instead. I have used a number of LRP products (including their sunscreen for the body-it is the ONLY thing I can wear that actually prevents my super pale skin from burning).

Now, can anyone recommend a good night cream for rosacea? I like my LRP moisturizer for day, but am looking for a new night cream that will help with the redness and broken blood vessels a bit. And something that doesn't contain almond oil as an ingredient-I'm allergic to almonds and unfortunately many of the top-rated creams I see on sites like Makeupalley contain this as an ingredient.

#360 etceteraism, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by moderator classic10: Sep 9, 2012