Everything Facial Moisturizers

lilac0485

Reaction score
What's the best facial moisturizer within a reasonable budget. Like under $40.

Thanks

Really depends on your skin type and what it is you are after in a moisturizer.

I have combination skin and I personally feel the best moisturizer I have used is Chanel Hydramax. I use the Cream in wintertime and the Gel in summertime and this leaves my skin feeling soft, hydrated and non-greasy.

Also comes in another version, Oil-free gel which is probably better for someone with oilier skin. Each cost $40

If you're after something with an SPF, lots of people rave about Lancome Vinefit SPF15 and also an Estee Lauder one (either Daywear or Lightsource, I cant remember).

HTH

this may be a horribly naive question...

but what *exactly* are the benefits of a moisturizer?

Hey :smile:,

A moisturiser is necessary after using a cleanser. Since cleansers contain surfectans which remove skin oils, it is necessary to replenish them.

I personally like Nivea Combination Skin Moisturiser a lot, as well as Garnier Synergie Fresh Quenching Lotion and Clinique Dramatically Different Oil-Free Moisturising Lotion.

I think that cheaper moisturisers are just as good as more expensive ones, I mean humectants are humectants, silicons are silicons and water-binding agents are water-binding agents etc.

:smile:

Lancome's Vinefit line....especially Cool Gel with grape extracts.
It's fabulous!!! :flower:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Nov 6th, 2003 - 11:01 am
any facial moisturizer by keihls .
ooh yeah! :woot: Love them

Since I've fairly oily skin, I go for gel moisturizers - they feel clean and they don't add anything I don't need.

Hey :smile:,

One more thing, try St. Ives Oil-Free Moisturiser, as well as L'Oreal Hydrafresh Gel-Fluid.

Edit to previous post: I meant Neutrogena Combination Skin Moisturiser.

:smile:

frenchkisses said:
Does anyone know wuts the best moisturizer for your face??

I use Dermalogica's Skin Smoothing Cream (it's light and very mositurizing). I am currently looking for something I can use on my face at night.

100% pure Shea Butter daaaaaaaaaahling!
best to find the kind that hasn't been overprocessed... should have a greyish hue to it.

la mer is aboslutely the best.
costly, but worth it.

my second fave is la praire.

gruveechik said:
100% pure Shea Butter daaaaaaaaaahling!
best to find the kind that hasn't been overprocessed... should have a greyish hue to it.

I use this also and it is amazing!

I use the 100% pure, unrefined African Shea Butter :flower:

It's important to try around to see what works/feels best for you. It depends on if you have dry, normal, oily or comination skin, really.

Just be sure to test it on your jaw or the side of your cheek first if you have sensitive skin. I just tried a Sephora moisturizer and had a terrible allergic reaction. :doh: The sad part is that I tested it first! But the reaction took a couple of days to be fully noticable, so I didn't realize what had happeded at first.

i know i've been blasting this on every thread- kiehls sodium pca oil free.

frenchkisses said:
Does anyone know wuts the best moisturizer for your face??

tinted moisturizer made by benefit ... its called like "you rebel" or something. its AMAZING. no matter what you skin looks like before you apply afterward you look so healthy and fresh. everyone i know swears by it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->