Everything Facial Moisturizers

eloes said:
Just be sure to test it on your jaw or the side of your cheek first if you have sensitive skin. I just tried a Sephora moisturizer and had a terrible allergic reaction. :doh: The sad part is that I tested it first! But the reaction took a couple of days to be fully noticable, so I didn't realize what had happeded at first.

I hope you returned it for a full refund. :flower:

gruveechik said:
100% pure Shea Butter daaaaaaaaaahling!
best to find the kind that hasn't been overprocessed... should have a greyish hue to it.

where can I find this Shea Butter, what make is it.

I have found one called Burt's Bees, is this the one???

thanks

Caudalie, Caudalie, Caudalie! I :heart: :heart: :heart: it! I've been using their products for years and love them! From time to time I'll switch to Decleor or Remède, but usually it's just so my skin doesn't get tired of it.

La Mer for the eye area; for the rest it alll depends on your skin type and age. I love Estee Lauder Idealist and Clear Difference...YMMV.

Can anyone tell me of a night time facial moisturizer with a thicker consistency? like one strong enough for a dry winter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I read some good reviews on La Roche Posay's Toleriane Soothing Protective Light Facial Fluid. I'm seriusly considering giving it a try since I have their sunscreen and it's the best I ever bought.

Last edited by a moderator:
you wanna know what I use? I found it's the best thing as well....

I started using proactive to clear up my acne and it really dried out my skin... so one day, I was looking at my

CUREL ULTRA HEALING LOTION (that I usually use on my legs)... and I said,"hmmm... I'll just put a small amount on my face and see what it does.)....

It turned out to be the best thing I ever did. My skin glowed... and there was no dryness at all.... no oil.... and it didn't clog my pores.

It's fragrance free too :flower:

sasseestefanie said:
you wanna know what I use? I found it's the best thing as well....

I started using proactive to clear up my acne and it really dried out my skin... so one day, I was looking at my

CUREL ULTRA HEALING LOTION (that I usually use on my legs)... and I said,"hmmm... I'll just put a small amount on my face and see what it does.)....

It turned out to be the best thing I ever did. My skin glowed... and there was no dryness at all.... no oil.... and it didn't clog my pores.

It's fragrance free too :flower:

Hmmm, I'll have to try that! I almost tried using body butter on my face from the Body Shop, but I realized that I would break out from u it cuz its so greasy! lol!

I'm using The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream. it's really light and moisturizing. Also, the Vitamin C skin boost under it makes the skin super soft.

The best and most effective moisturizer you've ever bought?

What's your nr. 1 moisturizer and why ?

wow i was just going to start a post onthis topic glad i didn't. So lancome and chanel as "expensive" moisturizers wheni finish mine i'guess i'll try one of those. Any other moisturizers people love. I must say that i don't like cliniques dramatically different (normal one)moisturizer it has too much oil for me and makes me break out.

i agree with you lifeis, clinique's dramatically different moisturizer feels sticky on my skin.

right now i'm using clarins gentle night/day cream and i don't feel so icky anymore. ^_^

I did a science fair project on moisturizers awile ago. and guess what i found? it doesnt matter if the moisturizer is a department store or drugstore brand. the whole point of the moisturizer is to make your skin feel nice temperarily, but it doesnt actually penetrate the skin to get rid of wrinkles. the only way you can prevent wrinkles with a moisturizer is by having the moisturizer have spf. so for you i would rec. a moisturizer with spf to use during the day, and a heavier but cheap cream to use during the night.

I have two:

Shiseido: The Skincare Hydro-Balancing Softener Alchohol Free
Creme de La Mer moisturizer

They are both lovely!!!

candicec

PRADA_on_pointe said:
I did a science fair project on moisturizers awile ago. and guess what i found? it doesnt matter if the moisturizer is a department store or drugstore brand. the whole point of the moisturizer is to make your skin feel nice temperarily, but it doesnt actually penetrate the skin to get rid of wrinkles. the only way you can prevent wrinkles with a moisturizer is by having the moisturizer have spf. so for you i would rec. a moisturizer with spf to use during the day, and a heavier but cheap cream to use during the night.

Ah, don't you just love this kind of findings? :D I mean, cheap or expensive moisturizers, it's always the same...

Yes, I believe that the big brand products are more expensive because they are high quality... However, in my opinion, they're too expensive... part of the money they cost is due to publicity.

What's so great about the Creme de la mer/Shiseido ? What effect does it have?
And what does everyone think about : Cliniques Dramatically Different Moistzrizer?

SpookyGirl said:
Ah, don't you just love this kind of findings? :D I mean, cheap or expensive moisturizers, it's always the same...

Yes, I believe that the big brand products are more expensive because they are high quality... However, in my opinion, they're too expensive... part of the money they cost is due to publicity.

Yep, i love those kinds of findings :D . Im glad I did my project on moisturizers, I definetly learned a lot. Sometimes, the moisturizers will be more expensive b/c of packaging + publicity like you said.

Dear Leonie,

Sorry, I didn't explain why..
Okay let's see... the Shiseido is like this liquidy emulsion it is just fabulous. You know that dry feeling you get once you get out of the shower? Well this stuff rubbed onto your face just refreshes you and moisturizes sooo much better than any other kind of lotion. I just love the way it FEELS and smells on my face.

As for the creme de la mer...this is a much thicker moisturizer, and I love to use it as a base on my face before I go out. It gives that great glow/shine..better than any kind of foundation etc. Also, once you get used to the smell, you really can't switch to another kind.

:smile:

candicec

candicec said:
Dear Leonie,

Sorry, I didn't explain why..
Okay let's see... the Shiseido is like this liquidy emulsion it is just fabulous. You know that dry feeling you get once you get out of the shower? Well this stuff rubbed onto your face just refreshes you and moisturizes sooo much better than any other kind of lotion. I just love the way it FEELS and smells on my face.

Im convinced :heart: :heart: :flower: :flower:

how much is it?

LeonieAlexandria said:
What's so great about the Creme de la mer/Shiseido ? What effect does it have?
And what does everyone think about : Cliniques Dramatically Different Moistzrizer?
Creme de la Mer is unique in so many ways...It cant really be compared to any other moisturizer/day cream...Cliniques Dramaticly different moisturizer is part of Cliniques 3 step program and is to be followed by a day cream...oh and I think they are both great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->