Everything Facial Moisturizers

ok does anyone have an cheap finds, which are known to have good results amongst many, and are oil free, but still give a wonderful glow? i have sensitive skin, which can be dry in some areas, and perfectly great in others. i rarely get pimples, but i do get white heads, irritation bumps and black heads. thank you!

Fluid Moisturizers

Hey guys, talking to the oily skinned fashion spotters here,

Does anyone use a fluid based moisturiser like Chanel's Hydramax boost fluid or the Shiseido mens hydrating lotion?
Does it hydrate your face enough, or do you also use another light moisturising gel to go with it?
Thanks!

victoria's secret ?

Hello everyone!
I was wondering if someone could give me their opinion on victoria's secret body butters. I'm in a body butter craze right now, as this is the winter time and the skin tends to get very dry. Has anyone ever tried this product before?

dlg

amorousluna said:
ok does anyone have an cheap finds, which are known to have good results amongst many, and are oil free, but still give a wonderful glow? i have sensitive skin, which can be dry in some areas, and perfectly great in others. i rarely get pimples, but i do get white heads, irritation bumps and black heads. thank you!

i've tried all manners of expensive to drugstore moisturizer. shockingly the only things that don't make my sensitive break out in a rash are (drumroll please....) NEUTROGENA and EUCERIN.

oh sorry, i forgot to menion shea butter.

Mario Badescu's oil free moisturizer is nice

As is...
Infinite Moisture by Dr. Brandt
Dual Action Moisturizer by Clean and Clear

ilovepositano said:
i've tried all manners of expensive to drugstore moisturizer. shockingly the only things that don't make my sensitive break out in a rash are (drumroll please....) NEUTROGENA and EUCERIN.

oh sorry, i forgot to menion shea butter.

oh man, thank you, but shea butter would totalllly break out my skin into flesh colored bumps...:(

Is it necessary to use a day cream and a night cream or does it differ depending on the individual?

Tushka_BeLLa said:
Is it necessary to use a day cream and a night cream or does it differ depending on the individual?

i personally dont see the point.. and the more products you use, the more irritated and intolerant your skin beocms. its good to keep it basic, 1000 years back, they did not have so many products in rotation, and they were just fine! your skin really just likes it simple.. stick with one moisturizer, cleanser and a possibly a toner or a weekly-monthly mask...

Tushka_BeLLa said:

If your day moisturizer includes an SPF (which it should :P ) you probably want to use a different moisturizer for night; I remember reading that SPF can be harsh and you want to avoid using it at night when it isn't necessary :flower:

Ive been using Oil of Olay's Complete Moisterizer for almost 3 years now... its the only one that works for me so far and I have used many! I use the ultra-moisterizing one in the gold package. I use it day and night even though it has spf, but i don't think its that big of a deal. I highly recommend it!

SPF moisturizer

i have combination to oily skin, currently i am using clinique for men oil-control hydrator and the result is fine, but i want to try something with SPF, but i heard that products with SPF are a bit greasy, are they? and which SPF moisturizer would you recommend?

^^ i dont, if you want a moisturizer that will give you a glow. sure, olay's moisturizer is pretty safe... not too thick, not too irritating (althoough it did seem to irritate my skin cause it wasnt moisturizing enough or something)... i dont know i just dont feel like it truly moisturizes your skin... and it never left me with a glow, whiich i usually get from using most products, even oil free ones :-/

face - dr hauschka quince day cream
body - palmers cocoa butter

Is the quince day cream good for oily skin?

sasscam said:
Is the quince day cream good for oily skin?

NO WAY JOSE!:yuk: i dont have oily skin, i actually can have quite dry skin at times, but this stuff has tons of oils in it which, within a week of use, clogged my pores and left me with tiny little white bbumps all over my face. if you dont have problems with stuff like this, you might want to try it... it definately balanced out my skin tone, but also left me w/ alot of damage that i'm trying to fix now:doh:
i'd only really suggest it more aged skin and completely normal skin, which is very tolerant of a variety of products..

For those with oily skin who are turned off by the price of La Mer, I suggest Erno Laszlo's Antioxidant Mattifying Complex :flower:

A little goes a long way (a bottle typically lasted me 6-8 months).

Last edited by a moderator:
i heard wonderful things about cetaphil. my skin's recently become very stressed after switching between dr. hauscka's moisturizing day cream, quince day cream and Almay Milk Plus (which is terrible, btw). I bought cetaphil yesterday cause I heard it's a great moisturizer for stressed, dry and sensitive skin. I put a bit on last night around the dry patches of my mouth and it really helped... I hope it doesn't leave me with little white bumps all over my face though. I'm going to use it all over my face today after I wash it before I go out... I'll let you all know how the progress goes:wink:
Has anyone ever heard of embryolisse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->