Evisu Jeans

Jaim45

Reaction score
Does anyone know how these jeans fit? Length? Also, where can I buy them online? Ebay doesn't have any :doh:

I cannot say this enough times : buy them from Japan, buy them from Japan, buy them from Japan...the European ones are nothing like the Japanese...I don't think much of the brand at all myself but if you must buy some then BUY FROM JAPAN... :flower:

I believe the Japanese Evisu attempt to copy the cut and fabric of the original jeans which are presumably Levi 1.

Originally posted by Jaim45@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 3:37 pm
Does anyone know how these jeans fit? Length? Also, where can I buy them online? Ebay doesn't have any :doh:
I don't know whether you are a girl or a guy . :unsure:

If you're a guy , Prince is right , ONLY the Japanese jeans are the ones to fit .
They fit like a LARGE -FIT 501 , or the vintage 201 , recently reissued by Levis Vintage .

They are ALWAYS 36 inches in length , and if you do not want an enormous turnback a la J P Gaultier jeans ( to reveal the selvedge edges ) , you have to go to the *** of having to have them turned up , matching the yellow-orange strong thread , etc etc .

The Japanese jeans are very good , the denim woven on original Levis looms etc . but you should try them rather than take a chance on E-BAY .

Incidentally , on the pairs I bought some 5 years ago , they obviously had had a red tag on the back pocket , cut off , presumably , to avoid infringing Levis copyright in Europe .

Regards KIT B)

DO NOT buy evisu's on ebay! they're all fake. and some idiot has ben putting up a bunch of fake diesels too.

I don't understand ??

I'm a girl - I did end up finding a pair on Ebay for $75. I don't know if thats a good price or bad. I honostly never even heard of the brand but I thought they looked nice. The only problem was that the seller said that the inseam is 30inches. I thought that was kinda short. It says they are authentic but who knows w/ Ebay. So is there anywhere online that I can buy or view real ones? Hmmm...

Originally posted by sbbbjm@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 6:01 pm
DO NOT buy evisu's on ebay! they're all fake. and some idiot has ben putting up a bunch of fake diesels too.
Do you know the name of the seller? I was checking out some Diesel jeans on Ebay :blush:

Originally posted by Jaim45@Feb 3rd, 2004 - 7:30 pm
I don't understand ??

I'm a girl - I did end up finding a pair on Ebay for $75. I don't know if thats a good price or bad. I honostly never even heard of the brand but I thought they looked nice. The only problem was that the seller said that the inseam is 30inches. I thought that was kinda short. It says they are authentic but who knows w/ Ebay. So is there anywhere online that I can buy or view real ones? Hmmm...
If it's of ANY help , I remember an article in the UK newspaper , The Guardian , some time ago , where jeans were compared , as regards fit for women .
Evisu was a no-no as they have the Levis ' American fork ' , eg ' tight under the crotch ' , and they are ample on the hips , just like men's 501s etc . They are NEVER less tha 34/36 inches in length .

I like the japanese - made ones , but I am a guy . Incidentally , the japanese firm also make a line called YAMANI DELUXE , Mr. Yamani being the founder of the firm. Evisu were fist called EVIS , when they were first imported to the UK , some 6 years ago , presumably because thay were supposed to be an authentic copy of the original 501s . Evis STARTED the whole Japanese jean craze in the middle 90s .

The firm started a European collection about 4 years ago , but as has been stated here , it is not a patch on the Japanese collection .

Hope this is of help
KIT :flower:

fake diesels -- here r some, but there are ALOT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=11483

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=52864 defintley fake, look at the long label on the back, if you see that kind of label def fake.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...&category=11483 diesels don't come withthose paper labels on the pockets

yeah if they don't tell what the model name or the art number or it just says "diesel jeans" in the description it might be fishy. also ive noticed alot on the fakes that the rivets have 'diesel' in lowercase letter whereas the realones are all in caps. the sure fire way for me is i aske the seller to send me a pick of the inside tag with the indian head annd the silver threading. i'm no expert but i own 7 pairs of diesel of which i bought all on ebay and i know there rel cuz i've compared to them to ones at stores. after a while i can just look at some of em and there hang tags and can tell there fake. also if you see the jeans have a model name hang tag attached with one of those plastic attachment things those are fake.

I bought my evisu stuff at Villians here in san francisco and they had a short run with Urban Outfitters (for a season or so) until they realized nobody would buy them at such high prices. My friend working there hooked me up with them but I don't know the difference between the US in comparison to the UK/JP versions. But they do fit me very very nice better than the ones a friend in London had bought me, so I'm assuming these are from Japan.

Last I checked though, Villians didn't carry them anymore and the only other store listed on the evisu website is Rolo's in Castro in San francisco.

Either or, I wouldn't trust ebay.

Originally posted by mouko@Feb 16th, 2004 - 1:46 pm
Either or, I wouldn't trust ebay.
EBay is colonized by people selling fake items all over the world.
In Italy, a couple of months ago, the police arrested some people selling fake JonhRichmond, Refrigiwear and RalphLauren...

don't trust "virtual" people.

ps: how can I shop Evisu jeans directly from Japan (I live in Italy)?

If you do decide to buy a pair of Evisu's make sure that you buy them at least a size up. They shrink terribly in the wash. Mine which I bought around two years ago lost like two sizes so I can only wear them on skinny days!
Apart from that though, I find them really good if that helps.

Originally posted by Layee@Feb 22nd, 2004 - 7:19 pm
If you do decide to buy a pair of Evisu's make sure that you buy them at least a size up. They shrink terribly in the wash. Mine which I bought around two years ago lost like two sizes so I can only wear them on skinny days!
Apart from that though, I find them really good if that helps.
maybe you gained weight! *gasp*

Yes i agree with you there!!! Do not trust Ebay its extrememly hard to tell the real jeans with the fakes and i bought a pair of Evisu jeans i totally regret! :angry:

Visit the official Evisu website....they used to run a free authentication service and i got my pair checked out there too.
Apart from that, i wouldnt bother buy any from Ebay ever.

As a rider to my last post , I had occasion to visit a local town , Hyde , where the infamous Dr. Harold Shipman , an ex-neighbour of mine , practised as a General Practitioner ( GP ) . :o

The local market was in session , and there was a stall selling designer jeans :-

eg EVISU , ARMANI JEANS , BOSS , VERSACE JEANS COUTURE , MOSCHINO . All at least half the normal retail price . :shock:

I asked the stallholder where he got his stock , and he became MOST cagey ! :(

Ihave a very strong suspicion that they were ALL fakes , but surprisingly good ones ! :huh:

Just goes to show HOW careful one must be !!! :unsure:

KIT B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->