Exfoliators

The best exfoliant i've ever used was plain old granulated sugar in water. Evens out my skin tone and makes it so soft.... even removes black heads!

:heart: Cetaphil and baking soda or Cetaphil and salt

I really like LUSH's "Angels on Bare Skin" facial scrub. It's got ground almonds (the nut part, *not* the shell!) and lavendar oil and Kaolin clay for scrubbing, moisturizing, and blotting up excess oil, respectively. Plus lavendar is a mild antibiotic, which is important for those of us who are blackhead and pimple prone.

I have Angels on Bare Skin too, but I use it daily :shock:.

I use dermalogica daily microfoliant. I have tried my mums elemis exfoliater too andf that is a nice one.

I use and love L'Oreal's ReFinish, a microdermabrasion kit. I have sensitive skin, but this does the job and doesn't irratate.

i've been using Lush's Ocean Salt exfoliator, and it's worked better for me than anything in the past. it's interesting - smells a bit 'masculine', is made of various sizes of sea salt, vodka, lime and coconut. when you first buy it, you have to stir it all up very well because big chunks of salt sit on top. it's definitely not for someone with very sensitive skin - the salt can feel a little harsh when you're using it (although the salt dissolves as you rub, which prevents you from over-exfoliating), but unlike other exfoliators my skin isn't left stinging and i never break out afterwards. in fact, i haven't had a zit since i started using it. i think something in the formula is warding off clogged pores.

anyone tried http://www.amazon.com/Salux-Nylon-Japanese-Beauty-Cloth/dp/B000CSDDDG ??? it's a really good exfoliating cloth and is cheap too~!! under $5 from korean-asian groceries!! :flower:
edited.jpg
I feel like i'm advertising this product now but i seriously think it's great!! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
i've been using Lush's Ocean Salt exfoliator, and it's worked better for me than anything in the past. it's interesting - smells a bit 'masculine', is made of various sizes of sea salt, vodka, lime and coconut. when you first buy it, you have to stir it all up very well because big chunks of salt sit on top. it's definitely not for someone with very sensitive skin - the salt can feel a little harsh when you're using it (although the salt dissolves as you rub, which prevents you from over-exfoliating), but unlike other exfoliators my skin isn't left stinging and i never break out afterwards. in fact, i haven't had a zit since i started using it. i think something in the formula is warding off clogged pores.
I am so going to buy this. I am really poor at the minute so I need to not buy my usual dermalogica one and go for something a bit cheaper, and you have really made this sound ace!

I am so going to buy this. I am really poor at the minute so I need to not buy my usual dermalogica one and go for something a bit cheaper, and you have really made this sound ace!

i hope you like it as much as i do! the next time i hit up Lush i'm going to buy the big tub of this. when i bought my Ocean Salt they tried to get me to buy the big size... "believe me, you're definitely going to want the big one..." but i didn't budge. :hardhead: :lol:

yes that flakiness is anoyying! does anyone knoe what causes it ?
Weather, surface dehydration, not exfoliating often enough or ever :ninja:

I use La Prairie's Cellular Microdermbrasion Cream, followed by the Cellular Softening and Balancing Lotion toner which has high anti-inflammatory properties. Loves it. Except you need to rinse the exfoliant off (because it has crushed pearl powder and diamonds) from the flow of a showerhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have ocean salt from lush as well, and i bought it like 2 months ago (the small tub) and i still have like half of it left!
using it every day is wayy to harsh (for my skin at least) but once or twice a week make my skin lovely and smooth as glass!

^ what's the common price on ocean salt from lush? and... :lol: your avy is so great.

^ the price for a big tub (a little under 9 oz.) is about $32... a pot half that size is about $18. it lasts a long time though - i had the small size for months before i ran out and invested in the larger size. i love this stuff! it's the only exfoliator that i can use on my face with confidence - and no fear of breakouts afterwards. i use it at most twice a week. :flower:

i've been trying to find one of those Salux cloths locally but haven't had any luck - i may have to give up and order one online. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->