Extremely Watery Mouth?

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Ina, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ina

Ina New Member

:flower: I don't know what is wrong with me but I have a very watery mouth and dry, chapped lips. I have to swallow excessively (more than usual). Has anyone had this before? Thanks in advance...

P.S. i don't consider this a medical issue - i just want to know if anyone has had this before...

#1 Ina, Jan 31, 2009
    Last edited by moderator busyallie: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

I think the dry chapped lips are (atleast partly) due to your watery mouth stripping your lips of its natural oils..

As for the watery mouth.. Can't say I've experience that.. rather the opposite when I was pregnant with my daughter..
    Hope someone can help you out :flower:

I hope it's not dog slobbering bad :heart:;)

JunoSlobberHead2005-09-18-Small.jpg
    atlasdog.blogspot.com

3. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

You don't? Well it may be no? Depending on your age and symptoms, it may possibly be sialorrhea..

4. gius

gius écrivain

What about dehydration ?

5. CharlottefromCA

CharlottefromCA User Friendly

but she has a really watery mouth, so she can't be dehydrated??? I dunnoooo

6. pinksatin

pinksatin New Member

I am just posting to add to the "you're not alone" feeling. I call it having "very healthy salivary glands". :p When I'm at the dentist or when I was younger, the orthodontist too, they always have to use that sucking straw sooo much and have had to put those cotton rolls in my cheeks before to keep saliva from pooling.

As long as you aren't having problems, I don't think there is any need to be concerned. In fact I think I've heard bad breath is more of a problem in people with dry mouths since the bacteria isn't washed away as often.

A medication I take has dry mouth as a side effect and I do notice I'm thirstier and my mouth feels drier on it, so imagine how much worse it would be if I didn't have very active salivary glands!:ninja:

The worst that has ever happened to me due to this condition is if I open my mouth and my head is tilted forward and I have forgotten to swallow in a while I might drool a bit. As long as no one notices I don't see that as a anything to be concerned about.

I have especially dry lips too though I never linked it to a watery mouth before. The corners of my mouth seem chronically cracked. It's a shame because you can't wear dark lipstick if your lips aren't smooth or it feathers. I find aquaphor work best at healing my lips btw.

#6 pinksatin, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited by moderator chickEpoo9109: Feb 1, 2009
  7. gius

gius écrivain

do you do it all the time
    or only certain times?

if the latter
    maybe you are nervous about something..?