EY! Magateen Summer 2010 : Dalton Flint by Danielle Levitt

franchini

Reaction score
34xpbpx.jpg

marianovivanco.blogspot.com

It's a large size double issue. The magazine also comes with stickers, American Apparel briefs and includes Q & As with the models. :flower:

Review of the models/photographers in this issue:

Simon Nessman, Clinton R Weber, Michael Sanchez, Keith Hernandez, Isaac Weber and AJ Abualrub by Karim Sadli

Michael Steiner, Nils Cristian Ammann, Christian Hersche and Johannes by Walter Pfeiffer

EY! Magateen preview: Brazilian Dynamite Studs! Models including Marlon Teixeira by Marcelo Krasilcic

Haydem and Raul Guerra by Chus Anton
Dalton Flint by Danielle Levitt
Patrick O'Donell by Alasdair McLellan
Frederik Tolk by Kira Bunse
Felix Endnich by Kira Bunse
Abdullah Inal by Sezer Arici
Ryan Bertroche by Gary Lee Boas
Daniel Maxa by Six
Martin Barcik by Six
Johnny Boy by Six
Brian Kohan by Marcos Fecchino
Sen Mitsuji by Coley Brown
Nico Pepaj by Doug Inglish
Max 'Kick' Emerson by Doug Inglish
Felix Branch by Leon Mark
Marc Prats by Luis Venegas
Aaron Frew by Luis Venegas
Yuri Pleskun by Luis Venegas
River Viiperi by Xevi Muntane
Bo by Bruce Weber
Jordan Spisok and Tanner Greyson Gerschick by Bruce Weber
Thomas Penfound by Thomas Giddings
Luke Abby by Thomas Giddings
Oskar Landstrom by Andreas Larsson
Ramell Carter by Bruno Staub
Andrea Ravieli by Carlotta Manaigo
Jacob Bauernfeind, Robert Bartels, Heiko Mittelhausser by Holger Homann
Patrick Andrea Simon, Christoph Maess by Holger Homann
Shahar Broshi by Samuel Zakuto
Arthur Sales by Samuel Zakuto
Brian Blank by Matthias Vriens
Michael Hudson by Matthias Vriens
Mitch Baker by Matthias Vriens
Ethan James by David Armstrong
Laurence Tooley by Brett Lloyd
Thomas Lander by Mariano Vivanco
Robbie Wadge by Jolijn Snijders
Jamie Kendrick by Jolijn Snijders
Michael Walsh by Jolijn Snijders
Elliot Stevens by Jolijn Snijders
Rob Moore by Jolijn Snijders

This looks great ... eye candy, for girls and gays ...
but the price is increasing issue after issue .... probably because of the EY! by AA brief ?
I just don't get it ... I wanted to get it, but 44$ ?

Btw, where can I get it in NYC ?
I know Gagosian carries it*, but is there another place ?

* they have the Kindergartten issue

American Apparel is the main sponsor of the magazine, half of it's circulation is sold in their stores. More locations in NY:

OPENING CEREMONY, 35 Howard St., NY 10013
ST MARKS, 31, 3rd Avenue, NY 10003
SPOONBILL & SUGARTOWN, 218 Bedford Ave, NY 11211

wow!!!want iut want it want it want it!!!!!!!

bruce,alasdair,walter ,karim,mariano etc.!!!!

how great!!!!!

i hope photographer stefan heinrichs is in it as well!!!!!

i hope photographer stefan heinrichs is in it as well!!!!!

I don't think he is...although it's possible that I may have missed him out when writing the review...

Here's a quick preview of Isaac Weber, River Viiperi and AJ Abualrub's pictures:

scanned by me

Not surprised AA is pushing this..
I'd probably get this if I wanted to see a favorite photographer (armstrong, manaigo, etc) but knowing the kind of assignment they had, I'm not really interested and there's no way I would dish out 44 bucks for that.
Covers like this just make me think just what a tedious connotation the task of 'being ahead of the road' must have for some people that the only way they found to make an impression and be somewhat rebellious is by imitating early 90s newsstands fillers' aesthetics. Unless you're a gay guy, really into models and really into collecting magazines, I don't understand why would someone (gays or girls) choose to invest on this instead of just opting for the internet. But maybe that's their whole point. :innocent:

Not surprised AA is pushing this..
I'd probably get this if I wanted to see a favorite photographer (armstrong, manaigo, etc) but knowing the kind of assignment they had, I'm not really interested and there's no way I would dish out 44 bucks for that.
Covers like this just make me think just what a tedious connotation the task of 'being ahead of the road' must have for some people that the only way they found to make an impression and be somewhat rebellious is by imitating early 90s newsstands fillers' aesthetics. Unless you're a gay guy, really into models and really into collecting magazines, I don't understand why would someone (gays or girls) choose to invest on this instead of just opting for the internet. But maybe that's their whole point. :innocent:

I read an article/interview with Luis Venegas in Industrie & he said that he doesn't want his magazines [EY!, Fanzine137 & Candy] on every newsstand. He wants people to buy that are really interested in them. Who will search them out & keep them as collectibles for the future.

AA has been a big backer of EY! since issue one. Luis also says that he controls the distribution of all his magazines. He boxes them up for the shops & takes them to the post office himself.

Although I do like the idea of magazines catering to the passionate few, I've never had the desire to purchase any of his. But I did find his interview to be quite interesting. I would scan it but my scanner isn't large enough to accommodate the pages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info, MMA! :heart:, I'd be interested to read that interview even though whenever I've come across an interview/feature on Luis, I find him a little too much driven by pretense.. the design of his cover here versus his ambitions for the entire magazine are that kind of irony that feels more pedantic rather than witty.. maybe I'm just not in such a receptive mood for concepts like that these days but anyway, I guess it's positive that there's still someone out there interested in collectors and people that actually value a magazine for the art filtered in. -_-
I'm not sure I'd feel tempted to buy this either (if only for a few photographers featured) but I'd definitely love to flip through this and see what it's all about.. there must be something good with that amount of content!.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas Penfound by Thomas Giddings

Robbie Wadge by Jolijn Snijders

Clinton R Weber by Karim Sadli

Elliot Stevens by Jolijn Snijders

Ramell Carter by Bruno Staub

Aaron Frew by Luis Venegas

d1models

SOOOOOOO HOT I love EY! the black and white photos make everything even more sexy. loves it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cover byDanielle Levitt

KWHaa.jpg

Haydem and Raul Guerra
by Chus Anton

qWaet.jpg

Frederik Tolk by Kira Bunse

o9E8b.jpg

Abdullah Inal by Sezer Arici

M424n.jpg

Daniel Maxa by Six

6sYa8.jpg

Brian Kohan by Marcos Fecchino

J4SlS.jpg

Marc Prats by Luis Venegas

d8Z75.jpg

River Viiperi by Xevi Muntane

G0fm4.jpg

by Bruce Weber

r3kRq.jpg

Simon Nessman, Clinton R Weber, Michael Sanchez, Keith Hernandez, Isaac Weber and AJ Abualrub by Karim Sadli

ZuUB4.jpg

LrFpN.jpg

Luke Abby by Thomas Giddings

gYB0f.jpg

Oskar Landstrom by Andreas Larsson

stk6O.jpg

Shahar Broshi by Samuel Zakuto

OcWaS.jpg

Ethan James by David Armstrong

SzZMp.jpg

Facebook/EY!

Nico Pepaj by Doug Inglish