eyebrows and the nose

fashiOnFul

Reaction score
Usually when people think of eyebrows they think of the typical rules,like starting where the eye begins etc..But not all brow shapes fit a certain face with certain features.I have a longish nose,and i wanted to know what type of eyebrow might balance it out and make it look shorter or just give it a form.Where should i pluck more on the bottom or top?and where should the eyebrow start at my case?My nose is more wider at the bottom then it is at the top. What type of eyebrow looks best on you?

please help=(

this is very hard to say, because some have to see the whole face to say what kind of form is the best for you.
it is also important to know how wide your eyes are apart, what shape they are, how your forehead is build etc.
GENERALLY it can be said that if you have a nose that you don't want to emphasize (for example a wide nose), that your bows should not be wide apart.
if you want you can post your picture and then, maybe, we can give better advice :flower:

i am really obsessed with eyebrows; the sad thing is that i don't have full eyebrows from mother nature :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually when people think of eyebrows they think of the typical rules,like starting where the eye begins etc..But not all brow shapes fit a certain face with certain features.I have a longish nose,and i wanted to know what type of eyebrow might balance it out and make it look shorter or just give it a form.Where should i pluck more on the bottom or top?and where should the eyebrow start at my case?My nose is more wider at the bottom then it is at the top. What type of eyebrow looks best on you?

please help=(

I have an oval face and an ugly long wideish nose=(Heres a picture:

http://img137.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01489em9.jpg

Please help guys!!!

I'm no eyebrow expert, but I don't think you're supposed to adjust your eyebrows according to change how your nose looks. I was looking at this vintage site which includes information about makeup. I can't check it right now, but I'm going to check the specific page on the site that had information on how you can change the appearance with makeup so I can post the link for it.

I dont know I think eyebrows can help if your trying to distract attention away from your nose. I have a long nose, skinny face and big eyes. I've had a few different eyebrow shapes over the years. I get my eyebrows threaded, i've had them really thin, what I realised while I had them thin was the difficulty I had wearing my hair up, my nose just looked a lot bigger, also I couldnt wear any eyemake because my eyes would look so OTT. They wern't that bad when I had my hair down, they looked fine, but I love to put my hair back or up, so I grew them out quick.
I've also had my eyebrows thick, thick like thin eyebrows attracted a lot more attention to my nose. I now have my eyebrows half the width they orignialy were bfore I started to do anything to them.

FashiOnFul do you have a picture that shows all your eyebrows?? Are they long do you have an arch??
From what I can see in that picture, they dont look bad they just need a little tidying up.

hi

well, from the picture i can't see very much, but i think that they really don't look bad.
i am not sure if it is just the picture, but it looks like they are not a little thicker in the beginning (i mean wear you nose is). maybe you could work on that (but just a little!).
you shouldn't wear too short eyebrows, which you don't.
again, from the picture i can't see, but it is always nice to have the eyebrows don't go strait, but with the little high point to give your eyes a lift (of course there are exceptions for example Carmen Kaas :P). the high point shouldn't have too much of an edge, because it can make your expression too hard.

It is hard to explain, i hope you understand what i mean.

My nose is long and narrow (I think), and I have no idea what I should do with my eyebrows. I've had a cosmetologist pluck them for the last few months, and she does a great job, but I don't think they can be helped. :lol: :ninja:

She aligns them with the inner corners of my eyes, exactly, which is one standard I always hear repeated. And I read Diorlover's post, which compares with my experience--too-thin or too-thick eyebrows will make you feel more conscious of your nose.

as a general rule, bigger/stronger features suit fuller eyebrows. I say this as somebody with big saucer eyes. thin eyebrows can ruin a face like that.

Thick brows = proportionate face. Esp if you have a prominent nose. The brows balance it out.

have all of you just been plucking to alter the shape?
or you also use eyebrow pencil or even something for hair replacement

i heard about some products, like eyebrow tattoos
and fake ones but with real hair that you glue to your face

have all of you just been plucking to alter the shape?
or you also use eyebrow pencil or even something for hair replacement

i heard about some products, like eyebrow tattoos
and fake ones but with real hair that you glue to your face

really? where can one get those? i would love to have more eyebrows...

I barely bother plucking since there's not much there. I do have some extra hairs on the bottom that I should get around to plucking one of these days though.

Best eyebrow shape for a prominent nose?

Best eyebrow shape for a prominent nose?
I have a prominent nose.Its longish and abit wide.I HATE IT!!!I want a nosejob,but i dont wanna have that fake looking nose and i dont have enough money=(What brow shape would balance out my face more?Can anyone give me celeb/model examples?Please help guys!!!!!=(

Heres a pic:
http://img233.imageshack.us/i/photo78.jpg/

Thanks!!!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->