Eyelash Curlers

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by loonaka, Jul 16, 2010.

1. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I couldn't find a thread on this topic:blush:

What kind of curler do you use?
    What brand?
    How often do you change the pad thingy:D?
    How do you use the curler? Any special trix?

I have 2 shu uemura curlers but I don't like them that much because they do basically nothing for my lashes. A while a go I bought a Shiseido curler and I really like it, I think it's a lot better than the SU on, but that's just my experience.
    I also have a Missha one, but I haven't used it yet. I've heard that it's a dupe of the Shiseido one.

2. smine

smine New Member

I purchased a Shiseido one recently and love it so far. Only complaint is that it pinches my outer corner on the right eye if I don't use it in a certain angle but otherwise, it has been great. I noticed right away a difference in comparison to my cheapo tweezerman one (had to use a lot more pressure with this one and the curls didn't hold as well)

One thing I think is really stupid about the Shu is they don't sell replacement pads. Lot of people use the Shiseido ones with it but I think its a terrible waste to throw away the entire curler.

3. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I know..I really hate that. That's also the reason why I have two of them :ninja:

4. luluposh

luluposh New Member

Bringing this back up....I recently bought Suqqu curlers, after years of using Shu Uemura curlers. I read lots of reviews about how good they are, but I must say I am disappointed.
    I think I will go back to Shu curlers. It is a slight pain that you cannot purchase refill pads separately, but I have found that other brands work just as well - especially Body Shop in the UK. I haven't stuck to the recommendation of changing curlers every six months, even though I use mine on a daily basis. You can tell when they are no longer as effective, imo.

5. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

I bought Ruby & Millie curlers, made of black moulded plastic, but it wasn't long before they broke across a weak section in the design, so after that, it's back to metal-framed ones for me.

6. Jazzeh

Jazzeh New Member

i use the one by mac and i love it. i haven't changed the pad yet but it comes with one replacement. what i love is that i don't need any tricks as such to make it work - i just use it like any person would and the curl lasts all day : )

7. Lara_L

Lara_L New Member

I love my eyelash curler- I use the heated model which looks like a wand. It's battery-operated, so all you have to do is turn it on, wait a little for it to heat up and then you press it to the base of the lashes so that you are forcing them upward. For extra drama, after you have pressed it to the base of the lashes for about ten seconds, drag the wand, very slowly, up the length of the lashes. That should take about another ten seconds. To preserve the life of the curler, I always wipe it clean with a tissue. I have tried two brands that I've really liked: ModelCo and 1000 Hour Lashes. I think these are both Australian brands, and I'm not really sure of their worldwide availability.

8. jacquelineo

jacquelineo Active Member

I use Tweezerman eyelash curler. I would really love to try one of the heated curlers, but they scare me. My eyelashes have absolutely no natural curl to them.

9. Party_Vixen

Party_Vixen Making a Mess

^ I use Tweezerman as well. From the professional series and I like that it comes with 2 replacement pads.

And I've tried heating them up before using a hair dryer but I didn't notice any considerable difference. Plus I only tried it once as I was scared that I might either damage my eyelashes or end up injuring my eyes. Not worth it imo.

10. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

Budget lash curlers

Hey all!

Can anyone recommend any budget lash curlers?

I used to have the Shu Uemera's. They were great, but I lost them, and now I'm wondering if I really need to replace them - because they weren't so great they were indispensable.

Let me know your recommendations...!

11. BibiRose

BibiRose Active Member

Sephora Collection Curler is pretty decent. I haven't personally used it, but I've heard good things about the e.l.f. curler.
    It's not exactly budget, I can also recommend Koji (japanese brand) Lash Curving Curler (got mine on ebay), it's pretty much as good as Shiseido's curler (which I love). You can purchase refills separately.

12. impossibleprincess

impossibleprincess kabhi alvida

Thanks, I'll check them out! If I can't find I may just get shiseido given the feedback about them :smile: