Eyelash Curlers

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Golden_butterfly, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

...i don't really know how to use one :ninja:
    I mean,what are the things that i shud think abt,cause when i try
    nothing happens!
    And i bought tht curler frm Shu,so i dont think that's the
    prob.
    Help! :cry:

2. pagan cookbook

pagan cookbook New Member

if you're not a contact lens wearer,you might shudder a bit when it comes to bringing metal things(anything for that matter) near your eyes,so just relax and don't frown,do it infront of a mirror and always before applying mascara cos if you do it afterwards your lashes could stick to the curler and you could accidentally pull them out
    just look at the eye and lashes from all sides to get a good "aim",relax and half-open your eye and then try to get the upper lashes inside of the curler,and when you've got the grip just close it gently and hold it on for about ermm 20secs or more if your lashes are quite flat,open,extract lashes,and then go for the mascara part
    hope this helps a bit :unsure: anyway,many make up experts here to fix any "smudges" and explain it better

3. PradaP

PradaP New Member

It takes a bit of getting used to at first and you pretty much have to teach yourself because everyone uses a different technique. I learnt which way was the best way for myself by just experimenting

(the technique being- i stand right in front of the mirror, curler in right hand, eye is semi shut, fit curler over lashes, one gentle squeeze to make sure i havent clamped any of my eyelid by accident, then one squeeze at base for 5 seconds, second squeeze at centre for another 5 seconds and finally squeeze at tip for a final 5 seconds.. and thats just for my right eye, my left eye is a bit different because it is a slightly different shape)

i imagine that description probably sounds like blahblah to everyone else but me :lol:

4. Plumour

Plumour New Member

sorry, one question here: the Shu curler and the Shiseido one, which is better?

5. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

the shu uemura is rounder & has a deeper curve than the shiseido.
    it just depends on your eye shape. but both are fab. :flower:

6. i_<3_chanel

i_<3_chanel elementary.

to curl your lashes start at the base of your lashes and press gently whilst walking it along your lashes until you reach the tips.
    never just press hard in one place along your lashes or you'll end up with a nasty 90 degree lashes :yuk:

7. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Don't feel bad... eyelash curlers do NOTHING for me :cry:

8. brian

brian New Member

Have you tried Shu Uemura or Shiseido's curlers?? I like Shu's a lot. MAC also makes a nice one :smile:

9. PradaP

PradaP New Member

I have both Shu and Shiseido, the latter has a flatter curve. Both are quite good but Shu fits my eye better

10. Girl54

Girl54 New Member

Shu Uemura Is the best!!!

11. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V

I agree, Shu rocks my shoe! :lol:

12. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

My friends always heat the eye lash curler, the metal part, before applying it to their lashes. They use a lighter and just warm it up. Infact I've seen some scary sh*t done to eyelashes to get them to curl. One chick used to basically blow torch this metal rod and then apply it at the base of her lashes to get them to curve. Scary but it worked. :wacko:

13. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

Does she have any eye lashes left? :o

14. vintage_princess

vintage_princess Adorable illusion

You should only use a hairdryer to heat them up a little but not a lighter :shock:

15. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

Trying to convey that to the eyelash curling population here in Sth Korea would be like trying to start a new religion. :ninja:

I now I wouldn't do it but then I dont need to. There is a lot of belief here that to look like a caucasian is the height of fashion which stems from other issues all together :doh:

At the university that I work the usual graduation present prior to looking for work is eyelid surgery, a boob job and if you want to be really succesful jaw reshaping and and a nose job. I'm not advocatiing ( although I am going off topic :doh: ) this it's the result of keeping in-touch with students after they've graduated.

:cry: :wacko:

16. PradaP

PradaP New Member

my friend told me that and i thought she was joking or making a silly generalisation.

so it really happens? :shock:

17. banana

banana New Member

Eyelid surgery? Just the thought of it sends shivers down my spine. :yuk: A lot of plastic surgery grosses my out after seeing operations being performed on TV. I don't think I could pay to put myself through that unless I was in some accident.

18. Alliecat

Alliecat New Member

Yeah it really happens. But I hope that as it is so much the norm there will be a backlash and, esp young women ,will be able to confirm for themselves that they are beautiful without needing, or being pressured, into surgery.

:ninja: :flower:

19. tott

tott slightly dizzy

Just a random thought about Asians and plastic surgery: I used to know a Korean girl when I was younger. She was very tall and slim with long legs, had big breasts, sharp nose and so on. She did have the eyelids and the skintone, but other than that she looked very Caucasian. I'm sure people would question her authenticity... although she never had any surgery.

20. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

EDIT: I means should instead of show

I'm thinking about buying one and trying it out.

Suggestions ?