Eyeliner

Is Prestige eyeliner any good ? I see on MUA that it gets some of the best ratings. Unfortunately it seems like it is only available in the states.

ive really been wanting to try out a gel eyeliner because ive heard that they stay MUCH more put than any pencil. but i was wondering if anyone knew which was the best out of the four
M5F3_128.jpg

MAC fluidline
(mac.com)

E0KK_l.jpg

bobbi brown long wear gel eyeliner
(bobbibrown.com)

st_S0G501_200.jpg

stila smudge pots
(stilacosmetics.com)

P0329_hero.jpg

smashbox cream eyeliner
(sephora.com)

I havent used gel eye-liner because i am simply afraid of poking my eye with the brush...
But i have two friends who have been trying to convince me use Bobbi Brown gel eye-liner...I remember we went swimming in the pool and my friend had her gel eye liner on and it never went away...I dont even recall that its smugded...but it looked fantastic on her...

I've used Bobbi Browns gel line and it's true. No matter if it's raining or if you're crying, that eyeliner doesn't smudge. But it's a nightmare when u try removing. I was wiping and wiping and wiping with my eye make up remover and still I woke up the morning after looking like a racoon from the little bit of eyeliner that was left.

^ Reminds me of this Rimmel stuff I have. It's a gorgeous blue, and stays put perfectly... but getting it off is a b**ch!

thanks for the replies everyone :flower:
im pretty sure that im gonna get the bobbi brown now, but is it true that it dries out pretty quick?

^ Yeah it does, but u can still continue using it even if it does as the point is to use a brush and wet it anyways :smile:

Talking about eyeliner, I love eyeliner :heart: and the way you can achieve ' cat-like ' eyes.
What I do tend to avoid is to apply below because I have brown eyes it gives an exagurated look.
But boy..did it take a looong time to learn how to apply the right way!

*picture gone

Last edited by a moderator:
Golden Butterfly , I like your eyes...and the eye liner they are both beautiful:smile: I am sure its because u've got pretty eyes..
I wanted to ask you, is that the same look that Nicole Richie uses for her eyeliner or different? and does it suit everybody?

Dulcisima said:
Golden Butterfly , I like your eyes...and the eye liner they are both beautiful:smile: I am sure its because u've got pretty eyes..
I wanted to ask you, is that the same look that Nicole Richie uses for her eyeliner or different? and does it suit everybody?

Thank you for the compliment :smile:

I apply the same eyeliner ' style ' Nicole uses yes. Which is very similiar to the picture below :

If eyeliner suits a person or not, depends very much on the size/ shape of the eyes and how the eyeliner is applied. But as much as I've seen, most people look very nice in liquid eyeliner but are very cautious on using it cause they don't know how to apply or are afraid of it looking too dramatic.

When I feel like a little bit less dramatic eyeliner ( than I have on the pic above ) I tend to start the eyeliner from where the pupil starts. Applying it this way helps my eyes from ' closing up ' ( which happens a lot of the times when you wear eyeliner, specially to brown eyed people ) and instead make them look bigger :

If I feel like going for a very ' cat like ' look with more glamour, I start from the inner corner and all the way. I also use a white/ peachy shimmery eyeshadow which adds to the effect.

I hope that helped a little :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hanne said:
Is Prestige eyeliner any good ? I see on MUA that it gets some of the best ratings. Unfortunately it seems like it is only available in the states.

Anyone?

Adding to my question:

Quality and price wise what can the line be compared to ?

I just bought the Prestige liquid eyeliner in Azure. It was $4.79 (USD) though I've seen if for $2.99 in other places. I'm not particularly great at applying liquid liner but I was really able to get a neat straight line on my first try. It's an opaque dark dark blue color and the tip of the brush is firm, which I think makes it easy for liner newbies like myself to apply. All in all, I'm happy with the purchase.

The brand is just a drugstore brand most if not all of the items are under $10.

I haven't put much money into my eyeliners, but I want a BLACK black eyeliner. I just use Avon's gel pencils now, but the black isn't black enough. Does anybody have any recommendations?

Golden_butterfly said:
I've used Bobbi Browns gel line and it's true. No matter if it's raining or if you're crying, that eyeliner doesn't smudge. But it's a nightmare when u try removing. I was wiping and wiping and wiping with my eye make up remover and still I woke up the morning after looking like a racoon from the little bit of eyeliner that was left.

I use it too and I love it. I prabably haven't seen my eyes absolutley free of dark liner for weeks though, it's true its very hard to remove completley. I gently wipe off the majority at night, but theres always a little bit right in the lash line which I have to scrub and scub to remove, and it cant be good for the eyes to scrub that much. I just leave it and paint over the tiny bit the next morning.

Although it sounds kind of bad, overall it's the best eyeliner I've tried, and I've tried lots.

Lately i´ve been using a brown (real name colour) eyeliner and it´s great! The brush is nice, like a felt pen but nicer and lasts for hours without smudging it´s called SuperLiner.

What i love about it is that it looks black but without the harshness of black and it doesn´t look brown at the same time.
It dries really fast and it has a wet look that lasts even after dry. :smile:

I totally recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"