F/W 2018.19 Open Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by HeatherAnne, Feb 17, 2018.

1. HeatherAnne

HeatherAnne Well-Known Member

Starting a new thread this season for people to post their general thoughts about the season, share news stories, etc.

Conversation/reviews about specific collections will still stay in the appropriate threads, and model talk releated to the season should stay in the ETCs of modeling, but this thread can be for anything and all things related to fashion week.

What are everyone's thoughts on the season so far? What shows is everyone looking forward to?

Fire away!

2. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

I just read Robin's review on the NYFW.

Well, this was happening even before the departures, now this problem is just too evident to ignore. I think this will get so much worse in the next seasons and them we gonna se guys like Siriano taking over NY...

#2 ghostwriter10549, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited by moderator Silver_Hippie: Feb 17, 2018
  3. whippie

whippie Well-Known Member

I have not liked one collection this season so far. Fingers crossed for Paris.

4. Pricciao

Pricciao Active Member

When see now buy now even hits H&M. boy we got problem with you, fast fashion.
    [Yt]4lhPGWKTcTw[/Yt]

5. ghostwriter10549

ghostwriter10549 Well-Known Member

Milan was awesome, was a surprise actually, even D&G was good. I would say that this week was about a sober glamour and the clothes were the protagonists. Its good to see the Italian fashion bringing their A game.

I will try a list with the best and worst based in my first impressions/thoughts, it maybe change in few weeks...

Best:

- Krizia
    - Anteprima
    - Fendi
    - Francesca Liberatore
    - Sportmax :
    - Marni
    - Max Mara

Worst: PRADA. Miuccia can send, literally, ANYTHING to the runway and everybody will love, with this kinda of credit on the industry she could do SO MUCH MORE than this.

6. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Well-Known Member

You can call me lazy but I SERIOUSLY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY NOBODY UPLOADED THE MARINE SERRA COLLECTION.

ps: I just don't know how to post images LOL.

7. sore

sore Well-Known Member

Paris has been quite good in my opinion. I was always super disappointed in recent years, but I've seen quite a few very lovely collections in the last days - Christian Wijnants, Yohji, Dries of course, even Rick Owens was better than expected (okay, I don't expect much from him these days...).

#7 sore, Mar 3, 2018
    Last edited by moderator calamityjane: Mar 3, 2018
  8. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

I'm always excited to see Chanel each and every season, so I'm looking forward to Tuesday! They sent out an email to remind people of the show event and it featured falling leaves which maybe an indication as what to expect from the set!

9. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Member

My worst collection of the season hands-down is Burberry. I was incredibly disappointed by his finale collection that the announcement of Riccardo can only mean something better (in theory). I don't think he really looked over his archive as well as he should have.

Alexandre Vauthier was refreshing to see someone do a great execution of this 80's nostegla that we're seeing heavily.

I loved the mood and the colour palette at Chloé, I just wonder if some of the revealing side dresses would work in reality for someone that isn't of model proportions. I loved the jodhpur trousers particularly.

Has anyone noticed the annoying thing that Olivier does every time he takes a bow at Balmain? he constantly puts his hands together numerous times.
    I did however love his take on dressing for 2050, it wasn't as futuristic but it was very much like nightclub dressing for the 80's in a studio 54 era.

10. Nocturnal

Nocturnal New Member

Best
    - Chanel
    - Dolce & Gabbana
    - Marc Jacobs
    - Alexander Mcqueen

Worst
    - Dior - No comment.
    - Givenchy - Boring and medicore.
    - Gucci - Alessandro got lazy... ( just like Demna)
    - Prada & Miu Miu - Try hard and flat. She has no vision.
    - Tom Ford - I have nightmares about that Pussypower bag.
    - Balmain - Tacky, tasteless, eyeburning sh#t. Olivier needs to go and stop doing lip injections.

11. dcmaike

dcmaike Member

Best: Valentino, Chanel
    Also good: Loewe, Dries van Noten, Saint Laurent, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton, Alexander McQueen, Olivier Theyskens (without those horrible shoes), Ann Demeulemeester, Lemaire, Jacquemus
    Most disappointing: Miu Miu
    Worst: Gucci
    Worst of the worst: Dior (aka Topshop)

12. charmedp321

charmedp321 Member

Marni was my favorite show of the entire month.

13. Melancholybaby

Melancholybaby Well-Known Member

It's quite early as I haven't processed the collections yet, but my favorite was probably Fendi. Elegant, grown-up, powerful and wearable but with youthful, fun touches that didn't feel like desperate attempts at being down with the kidz. I know Karl will always be associated with Chanel, but some of his best is work is for Fendi.

14. Pricciao

Pricciao Active Member

I don't know how much less care I can have for miu miu. Its the same function as giant kit Kat, hard selling click bait clunky distorted sweet that doesn't fit well and tastes bad.