Fab Eyeshadow Shades For Blue-green Eyes

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by purreow*, Oct 12, 2004.

1. purreow*

purreow* Member

I have brown hair with honey-blonde highlights, fair-medium skin tone, and blue-green eyes. I want to add some bolder colors to my eyeshadow collection, but everytime I try something new, it looks hideous a couple of hours later, or looks odd with my eye color/skin color. I find that browns, purples, pinks, peaches, and champagnes work best... but I want to try something other than that. Anyone else have similar colorings and have found something that works well. Right now I'm using all Stila eyeshadows (kitten and charm are my favs!).

2. |Fantôme|

|Fantôme| New Member

I have green eyes and brown hair and I really like purples. I tend to shy away from dark ones but that's just me-- it actually looks good.

3. Petit Lucille

Petit Lucille unspecified

i've got green eyes and light brown hair. Light orange looks great as well as violet, specially dark violet. my fav. colour is green, but it doesn't highlight my eyes. pitty, i wear it anyway! :lol: what really makes a statement is bright blue eyelashes. people seem to REALLY notice it, even more than usual!!

4. purreow*

purreow* Member

oooh.. I haven't tried light orange, yet! Hmmm... any suggestions for brands? My favorite is green, too, but whenever I wear it (somewhere in my head I think it looks great), but my boyfriend says it makes me look ill. I love that color though. Blues and grays tend to have the same effect, but I love them.

5. Hanne

Hanne Storm & Sommer

When you say you use champagne coloured eyeshadows do u mean light golden colours? Mac's eyeshadow RICEPAPER is pretty

I myself have blue/green eyes (blond hair tho) and I pretty much use the same colurs as you do I agree with Putinha about violet..I use that as well.

Dior has some really pretty violet eyeshadows : 2-Colour eyeshadow #175 and 5-Colour eyeshadow #830 Urbanity isd a colourpalette that is really excellent.

Linda Cantell's Perfection eyeshadow powder in "LATER" (an incredible pigmented powderblue is gorgeous) and

Lancôme's Colour Focus in #202 Cream is very pretty

6. purreow*

purreow* Member

Yes, light gold - Stila kitten is a nice shade. I'll check out Mac's RICEPAPER. I use the champagne colors the most often b/c I like how they brighten my eyes up, but I'm getting bored and want to play with bolder colors.

Thanks for the other suggestions also! I'll check them out.

7. oceanharlot

oceanharlot stories everywhere

I like to use golden-oranges. It makes you look like you have jaundice, but your eyes POP! :-p

I also LOOOVE red-violets... so hot at night.

8. Adrina

Adrina New Member

The trick here is blending, either with a brush, or your fingers. Because for the best look you have to try many times. For steady eyeshadows, I suggest you to blend eyecream and corrector concealer (any brands) before you apply shadows.

My picks :innocent: : Guerlain divinora vert gomme, the smooth texture green colour. Or for the clear green try Chanel 74 nymphea 4ombres. You can apply with finger and add water. It will stay lasting.

For blue-grayish colour try No 13 Giorgio Armani eyeshadow. I like this colour so much. so cool, you can create with deep pressed brush to fair skin. and with finger for medium-dark skin, you control how much goes on.

9. sweetjane

sweetjane New Member

i have the exact same coloring as you described and i blend browns and purples

my current favourite is a taupe kind of colour

10. HepburnDivine

HepburnDivine New Member

You should definitely see if you can found some 'rusty' red-brownish tones. You may think it sounds a bit to hard but it'll work magic if you do it right, trust me. It's all about contrast colours! :smile:

11. just Anna

just Anna New Member

I have green eyes as well..
    I don't really wear eyeshadow only to parties...
    I like brown blue green purple .. ectaully I like all colors..
    but anyway..
    here's a picture of my eye with a lsubtle brown

[​IMG]

12. Golden_butterfly

Golden_butterfly The mod squad

Almost any colours look beautiful with blue green eyes :smile:

13. Petit Lucille

Petit Lucille unspecified

Shadow, used as eyeliner-
    the ultimate compliment magnet: eyeline with dark violet shadow, a thick line. I will try to find a pic or take a new one, because it looks great!!

14. Greta

Greta New Member

i have green/blue eyes and blonde hair ... i use old gold by MAC & blue brown by MAC so far they are my fav.:wub:

15. purreow*

purreow* Member

oooh - I'm going to try that when I get home! I've found a green that works well as a liner, too - Jade by Stila. But the dark violet sounds nice!!