Fabiola Beracasa

Party_Vixen

Making a Mess
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure why I like her, but I do. For some strange reason unbeknownst to me I am always drawn to socialites. I guess I prefer the mystery surrounding them as opposed to starlets.

I do however know that I love how she plays with colour in her outfits and for the most part she has great style.

Here's a little bio of her for those who don't know who she is :flower:.

Fabiola Beracasa was born Maria Fabiola Beracasa in Caracas, Venezuela to the former Veronica de Gruyter and leather goods magnate and banking heir Alfredo Beracasa. Fabiola is known for her impeccable style. Her mother Veronica was fitted for Balenciaga couture at the age of 16 and Fabiola is no exception. While a student, Fabiola was a summer intern to Karl Lagerfeld at Chanel in Paris. She worked in the special events department of Christian Dior, which she left to work for Circa, the estate jeweler, where she is creative director. In press interviews, Fabiola has has attributed her socializing to spreading the Circa business image and was significant in claiming that socials no longer mingle without reason: behind every trust-funded woman of social acumen is a business enterprise. Fabiola is a grand connosieur of fashion and reportedly has 14 closets of couture and countless more through her mother.

parkavepeerage

RADAR Magazine Hollywood Bash with IFC, Feb 21, 2007 x15 HQ

celeb-city

PAUL WILMOT'S ART BASEL WRAP UP DINNER PARTY x7 HQ

celeb-city

Chanel Fine Jewelry party at Plaza Hotel in NYC 2008.01.16. x2 HQ

celeb-city

Atonement screening at IFC Center in NYC 2007.12.03. x7 HQ

celeb-city

DOLCE & GABBANA THE ONE FOR MEN fragrance Launch, Dec 04, 2007 x3 HQ

celeb-city

Seventh On Sale Dinner Gala November 15 2007 x3 HQ

celeb-city

NEW YORKERS FOR CHILDREN 2007 Fall Gala,September 18, 2007 x4 HQ

celeb-city

VOOM Zoo The 14th Annual WATERMILL CENTER Summer Benefit,Jul 28, 2007 x4 HQ

celeb-city

HUGO BOSS and INTERVIEW host advance screening of JOE STRUMMER THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTE, Aug 01, 2007 x2 HQ

celeb-city

DIOR BEAUTY "Jetsetter Luncheon", Jul 27, 2007 x8 HQ

celeb-city

More pictures to come later...

Thanks PV! I like her too. I'm so envious of her couture collection!

^ Yay! Another fan :D. And I too would kill for her couture collection :P.

She was asked to keep a diary to report on her experience of Fashion Week last year by The Cut, which is NY magazine's fashion blog. This is her entry from February 2...

9:30 a.m. I arrived in my office.

10 a.m. I met with an editor from a Japanese magazine called Glamorous. She wanted to shoot me during Fashion Week, so we agreed to have the camera crew come to a fitting at J. Mendel on Tuesday and also to shoot me at home on Thursday morning.

Noon I ran downtown to the Yigal show. I wore the cute white dress and jacket that we picked out on Thursday, and it was soooo cold! Why would I rather look good than be warm? I got to the show and sat next to Meredith Melling Burke from Vogue and Bergdorf's Roopal Patel, who both have back-to-back shows because of their jobs. I don't envy them. I mean I love fashion, but it's really exhausting to run around like that!!!

1:30 p.m. I went back to my office, changed into my BCBG outfit and by 3 p.m. was back in the tents for the BCBG show. When I walked in, I was stopped for photos so I took a few, and then a few more, and as I walked away, I realized the tag was hanging off the BCBG jacket I was wearing! I was a little embarrassed, but it was a busy jacket so maybe it just blended in?

The show was energetic and uplifting; the clothes were fun and flirty. Afterwards, Derek Blasberg and I went backstage and then off to the W lounge where we swapped schedules and gossiped.

5 p.m. We were still at the W lounge and I had a meeting with Jeremy Kost (such a cutie) and three people from Japanese Vogue (not to be confused with Glamorous !) who also want a Fashion Week party story and they want Jeremy to shoot it, so we coordinated our events. At this point I felt like I should at least speak some Japanese!

6:15 p.m. I went home to change and then went with my mother to the debut collection of Vionnet at Barneys. I didn't get to see the clothes because we went straight to La Grenouille for the drinks before the dinner, but I did run into Amanda Brooks who was wearing a beautiful Sophia Kokosalaki–designed Vionnet dress — it was powder pink with the most delicate rosettes twirled in bunches. I also ran into Victoria Traina, who was wearing the most amazing Proenza dress ever! (I must admit at that point I did feel a tad underdressed in my black jeans and vintage YSL jacket.)

9 p.m. I met a group of friends and my boyfriend at Craftsteak. I had a wonderful meal, an amazing time with my friends. That restaurant is great!!

Midnight I decided to go home to bed while they all continued the night at the Gramercy.

nymag

It looks like she's reporting for the fab life again this year! NY Fashion Week 08 :heart:

It's that time of year again — well, yes, Fashion Week, we've established that. But it's also the time when our roving video reporter Fabiola Beracasa takes to the streets! Er, runways. Today Fab braved the torrential downpour for the Yigal Azrouël's show, chatting with Maxwell, Cory Kennedy, and the socialite-heavy crowd. Yigal himself had a few things to say about his inspiration (New York — good answer!), as well as craftsmanship and the importance of wearability. We love this man.

http://video.nymag.com/linking/index.jsp?

nymag

February 9, 2007

Fabiola, Tinsley, and Cuba Gooding Jr. Scream for ‘Nookie!’

Wednesday's installment of the Fab Life is an epic. Riding the Fashion Week whirlwind, Fabiola hits five shows, arranges to host the Radar relaunch, chats up Zinedine Zidane, and has an unfortunate encounter with a can of Coke Zero.

9 a.m. Woke up to Vera Wang and Calvin Klein garment bags for the shows tomorrow. But I had to try on the looks later, as I had Michael Kors at 10 a.m. and an interview with the Palm Beach Post (for CIRCA) to do before that!

11:30 a.m. Got to the show and thought I missed it. Just as I was walking away, a man named Michael Daviti said, "I know you, you're Fabiola. Do you want to come in?" Although I had to stand, I got to see the whole collection, which was sooooo good. I am going to buy lots of the pieces. I asked Michael if he could get me a copy of the music since I felt like dancing the whole time. As I was walking out, I saw Shoshanna Gruss and offered her a ride back to her office just so I could have a chance to catch up with her.

1 p.m. Carlos Miele. At this point, I felt like I hadn't had enough time to get ready in the morning and didn't look so hot. I sat next to Derek Blasberg (surprise surprise) and Alex Kramer, who worked with Carlos on the collection. The show was beautiful and very wearable. I really loved the lace-top-with-black-skirt look.

1:45 p.m. On my way to Catherine Malandrino I got a call from Maer Roshan. "Good news," he said: Radar magazine would like Tinsley and I to join him in Los Angeles on February 21 to host the relaunch, just before the Oscars. And he wants us to do a photo shoot together before, something "edgy" that they will unveil at the event. I like the fact that Radar pokes fun at the idea of a socialite. I'm the first to admit that if I was on the other side of the fence I would do the same. So Tinz and I are off to L.A. next week!

2 p.m. Talked to Khajak Keledjian, who owns Intermix, about what collections he has liked. The show starts and I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised. Normally Malandrino is too frilly and flouncy for my taste, but this collection was so clean and mod. It was sleek and had an Edie Sedgwick feel. I was so impressed by the hair and hats that it made me want to go out and cut my hair (but I didn't). It was very hip (I'm not 50, but I like that word, okay?).

3:30 p.m. Dropped Eleanor Ylvisaker and Dani Stahl off and headed down to the Zac Posen studio for a fitting. When I arrived, I ran into Mama Posen, who was so excited about the show, and we swapped stories about her ring from India and my ring from Venice. I decided on a black skirt and top for the show, with python details. And then I asked if I could also borrow something for later that evening, as I was going to the Y-3 show and would looove to wear a little red polka-dot dress that Zac made. As I was leaving the showroom (with both looks), I saw Anne Dexter Jones, who told me all about her daughter Charlotte's show, which I sadly missed.

5 p.m. I went to Mal Sirrah, who is doing Designers for Darfur with Lydia Hearst-Shaw. Backstage, I talked to Lydia while she got her makeup done. Back in my seat, I talked with Cathy Horyn and Eric Wilson for a moment, and then the show began. It started with raw looks — just patterns of dresses on girls pinned together — and then the finished looks came out afterwards. It was an interesting concept. Lydia looked great — I love her red hair.

6:30 p.m. Went home to get ready for Y-3.

8:15 p.m. Already late for Y-3, I told my driver to go to the Armory on 67th, where I found myself being ushered up to a red carpet. Everyone looked very prim and uptown. I thought, Has Y-3 changed their demographic to uptown ladies in pearls??? Should I fake a stomach virus and leave? On the backdrop, I read "Project ALS and Town & Country." So I was at the wrong party and really late to boot. I ran out with three people asking me if I would like to stay?!

8:35 p.m. I arrived at Hunter College, where the show was actually on, and quickly got to my seat. The space was so cool for a fashion show. It was a basketball court, but it was all black. I felt very collegiate sitting in the bleachers, like I should've been passing a note to my friend about my hot date last night (even though I went to boarding school in Switzerland and the only sports we did were skiing and flower arranging.)

Tinsley walked in and sat right next to me. Then Cuba Gooding Jr. came in and sat next to Tinz and I. For five minutes, all I could see in my head was a loop of "SHOW ME THE MONEY." It was a small miracle that I managed not to blurt out, Tourette's style: "SHOW ME THE MONEY SHOW ME THE MONEY SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!"

The show started, and it was really edgy and cool. There was even a conveyor belt. As I was watching them swoosh by, I noticed my friend Anouck Lepere was walking in the show. I screamed "NOOKIE!" every time she walked by and got Cuba and Tinsley to join in. After the second time, she broke the sacred catwalk-model code and not only looked at us, but even cracked a smile.

9:45 p.m. Went to the after-party at Joe's Pub for twenty minutes. The highlight was talking to Zidane in French for a while. He seemed happy; I suspect his English is not as strong as his head-butts. Speaking of head-butts, I would have stayed and talked to him longer, but the girl he was with seemed like she might take me out soon.

10:30 p.m. I wanted to go to the Proenza after-party (I worship and adore both of them, and their clothes are to die for!) but could not bear the Beatrice Inn again. But in retrospect, the Beatrice would have been a dream compared to what was about to ensue.

Tinsley said she had to go to some Jay-Z Cherry Coke RocaWear party for a German In Style story. As I waited while Tinz walked the red carpet, someone said to me: "Hey, Fabiola, can you hold this?" Not even thinking, I said, "Sure." Next thing you know, there was a flash of bulbs with me holding a Coke Zero diet cherry-vanilla-flavored can of nonsense. Yuk. What to do? Drop the can on my foot? Throw it to the next person waiting for the carpet? Put it down and step away? Shouldn't I be getting paid for this? I finally handed it to someone, but the damage was done.

Inside the party, I already wanted to go home, but German In Style needed to get their shots. Since we didn't really know anyone there, I pulled three good-looking people out of the crowd and asked if they would "pretend party" with Tinz and I. Turned out they were all Click models. Oh, how I lament my ill will towards the Beatrice. But really, and as always, I still had fun.

1:30 a.m. Home!

nymag

Last edited by a moderator:
February 8, 2007

Nobody Ties a Bow Like Gilles Mendel

9:30 a.m. Met with my makeup artist Alexa at my home. She does her thing, and then at 11 a.m. I ran to the J.Mendel showroom to pick out a look for the show on Thursday. The Japanese magazine Glamorous came along to shoot me for their fashion story.

At J.Mendel, the lovely Jessica Nigel already had some looks picked out for me. I tried a few things on and made sure the photog didn't get me as I'm changing! I decided on an ivory coat dress, when suddenly Gilles Mendel walked in, greeted me with a big hug and said, "No, no, no, you cannot wear it like that — it must be worn with a belt!" He ran away and came back with a roll of grosgrain ribbon which he effortlessly tied around my waist and in the most beautiful bow at the back … and pouf! Then he is off again back to his collection. Later, after I had taken the ribbon off, Glamorous wanted to shoot the look on me. But no one could tie the bow as beautifully as Gilles did. It was very funny because everyone tried!

1 p.m. I went back to CIRCA where we were shooting new company headshots. Good thing I already had my makeup done.

4 p.m. I picked up Derek Blasberg and went over to the Behnaz Sarafpour show. As I sat down, I saw Trip Gabriel. Something about him always puts me in a good mood. I talked to him until the show was about to begin. Then I sat down next to Zani, who is sporting some new hot bangs. I think they look great. The show was very elegant. I especially liked the velvet dress at the end — that was a showstopper! Then I found Derek, and we ran to the car. It was so cold, I felt my ears may fall off.

5 p.m. Doo.Ri at the tents. I sat next to Kate Betts (who has read my blog!), and we chatted about Paris, since we had both been there for couture. The show was really wonderful again — lots of black and navy and the dresses flowed so well on the body. I was enchanted by the sequined gloves, both long and short. I will be getting a pair of those and some of the Über-cool dresses to boot!

6 p.m. Went to the Philosophy by Alberta Ferretti presentation with Derek, where I saw two of my old colleagues, Grace Cha and Beth Holmen (we used to work at Dior together). It was such a treat to catch up with them, but as they both work at Alberta Ferretti they couldn't talk long. I congratulated Mrs. Ferretti on the collection, and then Derek and I were off.

7 p.m. We got a drink at Balthazar, where the maître 'd said we needed to wait an hour. Then suddenly another man recognized Derek and me and offered us our choice of three tables. Double standard, or what?

9 p.m. I went to dinner with my boyfriend, Jason, at our friend Carlos Mota's home. He was hosting a dinner in honor of Rena Sindi, who is a longtime friend of mine. I ran into Carlos Souza and Nadine Johnson in the doorway; inside, I talked to Caroline Berthet from Jimmy Choo and Ann Duong. Camilla Al-Fayed arrived fifteen minutes after us, and we spoke to her and Astrid Muñoz until we left an hour later. Carlos really knows how to throw a FAB party. The vibe was great, and the crowd was perfection.

11 p.m. Home to blog and then bed. Can't see straight!

nymag

February 7, 2007

Fabiola Feels ALT's Drama, Looks For Horse Tranquilizers

9 a.m. I was on an important phone call at work and watching the clock tick-tocking towards 10 a.m. I realized I was going to miss the Carolina Herrera show! Boo-hoo for Fab. :lol:

4 p.m. I ran over to Thakoon (wearing my adorable Thakoon outfit), and just loved the show. Something I've seen a lot of this season is the navy and black combo I have loved for years. Also, I have spotted a good deal of short pants, really short skirts, and loooooong gloves. After all the shows, I like to dig through my closet over the weekend and pick out the pieces I think I'd like to reincorporate into my life.

5 p.m. I went to the Marchesa presentation with Derek Blasberg, and it was just to die for! I was speechless. The collection was so solid and really glamorous. I ran into André Leon Talley, and the first thing he said was, "I hope you're ordering, darling, because this is their breakthrough collection." Then he pointed to a black-and-white dress with a voluminous calf-length tulle skirt and said to his photographer, "Take a picture of that, and make sure you get the shoe … it just screams Oscars!" I asked Georgina and Keren what their inspiration was, and they said Marlene Dietrich and old Hollywood glamour.

5:40 p.m. Off to Adam Eve because I think Coco Brandolini is so talented and she helps Adam with the collection, so I was curious to see it. It was very wearable. The men's clothes are surprisingly nice, and not too metro for those boys that don't like to look too fashion-y. I saw a lot of things that I liked for myself as well. Did you know Coco is going to Italy to design for Alberta Ferretti?

6 p.m. Max Azria show: Also a very strong collection, with really wonderful music. As I had already been given a sneak peek at the collection by Lubov, I knew what to expect, but the clothes really do come to life on the models … it truly looked great!

7 p.m. I had the kind of headache that requires a horse tranquilizer … really! So I went to rest for a bit, then decided to go to the Marc Jacobs and Marchesa after-parties.

9 p.m. Three aspirins later, I put on a black vintage party dress, red-hot lips, and go, go, go! I headed to Marchesa first, since it's closer to Gramercy Park, and when I arrived, there it was so much fun that I never left. I chatted to my friends Sophie Dahl and Danny Baker and also ran into Alexis Bryan, who I always enjoy talking to because she has a great sense of humor. The rest of the time I spoke to Jason Pomeranc while we waited for his girlfriend Ali Wise to show up. Georgina and Keren were in their glory, and Harvey was having a great time too!

12:30 a.m. Finally, home!

nymag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->