Fabrics Interseason® S/ S 05

That's exactly it Runner. They love playing with absurdities. Like a few seasons ago they incorporated tennis balls and raquets into the styling of the show. And one season they had models with frites up their noses. They've got a twisted sense of humour these two and that is somewhat part of their charm. I also think this iconography is something alot Austrians do. If you look at some of Wendy & Jim's work you can see they do as well. I think alot of it might have to do with the cultures in Austria and Germany because even Bernhard Willhelm does it.

Aside from all this,they do have quite exceptional pieces. High-quality clothes. Well tailored in an almost militant manner. Another style of the Austrians,btw. But I have to be honest,about this one in particular. I saw this on Firstview a couple weeks ago and it didn't do a whole lot for me as their previous collections have. I like the lederhosen shapes and a couple of the jackets in these images here but overall I'm not really feeling it.

Originally posted by helena@Nov 8 2004, 08:23 AM
I too like the concept runner. similar to raf simnons, no? the clothes look better on the dummies that the real people so maybe it is the way its styled.
[snapback]422777[/snapback]​

Those particular dummy images are actually of their A/W collection. You can see that as well as this one and all their previous works on their web site:

http://www.fabrics.at

thanks for this scott - I've had a look. Some of the previous collections appeal to me more than this one but its still too heavily infuenced by 1980's underclass culture (not that I have an issue with this as a point of reference) but more that I just don't like the aesthetic. I find it depressing actually - unemployment, Thatcherism, miner's strikes, cold war fears....its interesting I suppose....

Originally posted by helena@Nov 8 2004, 11:29 AM
thanks for this scott - I've had a look. Some of the previous collections appeal to me more than this one but its still too heavily infuenced by 1980's underclass culture (not that I have an issue with this as a point of reference) but more that I just don't like the aesthetic. I find it depressing actually - unemployment, Thatcherism, miner's strikes, cold war fears....its interesting I suppose....
[snapback]423043[/snapback]​
i agree really...i feel it's dated...i'd be more interested if it seemed more current and not so derivative...i think...

not that it's bad...just not new...
:flower:

I like FI alot

I like this,some of it reminds me of Vivienne Westwood.

They have awonderful concept :heart:

Originally posted by runner@Nov 8 2004, 07:16 AM
abo.sized.jpg

[snapback]422730[/snapback]​
I like this jacket a lot. But the rest is :sick: .

Originally posted by softgrey@Nov 8 2004, 07:48 AM
somehow this remindds me of past seasons of balenciaga...esp the high waists and the leafy print...

sort of 80's...

scott and space might like this stuff...

but i'm not sure i understand...is this a brand?... :unsure:
[snapback]422744[/snapback]​

We saw it at The Opening Ceremony.

Yea, I am not thrilled with this either.

Originally posted by AlexN@Nov 8 2004, 01:02 PM
I like this jacket a lot. But the rest is :sick: .
[snapback]423107[/snapback]​

is it just me or does this man look like killer bob from twinpeaks?

Originally posted by faust@Nov 8 2004, 12:09 PM
We saw it at The Opening Ceremony.

Yea, I am not thrilled with this either.
[snapback]423116[/snapback]​

oh... :doh: ....this is that stuff...i didn't really like it did i?... :unsure: :innocent:
i guess i just feel like it's not original...like i already said... :lol:

hahaha...who is killer bob...??? :brows: :P

Originally posted by helena@Nov 8 2004, 12:29 PM
is it just me or does this man look like killer bob from twinpeaks?
[snapback]423176[/snapback]​

he looks like one of The Village People. Y-M-C-A!!!

am i going mad or was there a bad guy called killer bob in twinpeaks?

Originally posted by helena@Nov 8 2004, 11:29 AM
[snapback]423043[/snapback]​

I agree. But I feel more and more,now that fashion has become such an incredible medium for expression some designers are becoming increasingly political in their work. This is also a reaction to their government's ideals on what is considered as a creative medium. The reason being is that the government in Austria unanimously does not support fashion(by funding schools,projects etc.) as they do with art or any other medium. In fact,for them its not even important. And I'd be so confident to say their ideals are even a bit fascist. For a country as this,in which many designers remain based,its so important. Because this is not Paris or London in which fashion is and has been such an tremendous force for years. More like an Antwerp really. Only their government helps them.

Originally posted by faust@Nov 8 2004, 12:47 PM
he looks like one of The Village People. Y-M-C-A!!!
[snapback]423221[/snapback]​

Ditto:-) It looks more "quirky" than the V&R for men. It is kind of "silly" looking men. I am just talking about some of these images, tho.

I don't see Raf here. Raf is always about serious looking young men:-)

Originally posted by Scott@Nov 8 2004, 11:37 AM
But I feel more and more,now that fashion has become such an incredible medium for expression some designers are becoming increasingly political in their work.
veyr well put, I agree very much.

I love Fabrics Interseason, although I couldn't say why because like you say runner, they aim to have bad taste.

I love that one photo of the girl in the black dress w/her eyes covered with the bangs. Standing alone, it's such a great image.
Of course you posted this, runner :> I was going to start a thread on them a few days ago but thought better of it because I was afraid few people here would enjoy it. They remind me of Cosmic Wonder in that they are multi-faceted and produce in a variety of ways, not just in articles of clothing.

More photos of this collection from their website:
295q1e
295q1t
295q28

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"