jfw.jp
photo010large01.jpg
photo010large02.jpg

photo010large03.jpg
photo010large04.jpg

photo010large05.jpg
photo010large06.jpg

oh, wow! thanks for posting!
i kept thinking, where/when fabrics interseason shows this season.

like most of it and the colours.

Reminds me of the stuff Matthew Ames was doing @ some pt...

Lots of volume, texture, draping, and endless layers. It's nicely done, if a bit over-wrought in some places..

i was just going to say it wasn't what i would have hoped and expected from them. it's usually much stronger,imo. hopefully we can see this broken up a bit more soon because that to me is where i love FI so much....in the pieces.

wanted to post 'lighter' pictures of the collection.
- wht is true to reality ?

____fabrics interseason
collection
ss2010 „latte mama“

the title of the ss 2010 collection „latte mama“ is a synonym for generative lifestyles. the form and the standard of a bourgeoise life. the fashionable surface, gentrified, public space, city districts, which look and function nearly the same in every metropolis. registered within following scenic setting:

she (emancipated) speaks with him (creative) on the mobile phone, drinking latte macchiato (organic, fair trade), while it (beautiful) sleeps in the baby buggy. afterwards she moves/drives it (mc laren) and it (the child) and latte mummy demonstrates, what she and it posess: right you are. make some room.

thus: reproduction potency, gestures of dominance, prosperity and a social surplus value, which accompanying is both defined and transported through form and contents of design and fashion. so to speak: dominant design authorizes dominant gestures. 

every product of formal design embodies the utopia of a space, in which it can appear in an ideal way. this abstractly planned space is always a political space at the same time, which implies certain ways of ordering, certain values and relationships among people.

____fabrics interseason tries to create and offer alternatives - clearances, improvisation - within this defined set of forms, values and their promises. formally and contentwise they explore issues whether in this case fashion and design could be suitable as communication tools.

from official site : http://www.fabrics.at

Attachments

• fi_03.jpg
    fi_03.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 2
  • fi_04.jpg
    fi_04.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 2
  • fi_06.jpg
    fi_06.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 2
  • fi_09.jpg