Face Of Africa - the models

They're both gorgeous! Oluchi looks a little like... oh gosh I can't remember her name - she was in those Chloe ads a few years back with the horse. Norchene is very beautiful too but more Western (paler skin?). Lucky girls :smile:

actually north africans look more like norchene a mix of western ,african and arabic

Oluchi is incredible. :blush:

nymag-springfever-0203-01.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-02.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-03.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-04.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-05.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-06.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-07.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-08.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-09.jpg

nymag-springfever-0203-10.jpg

wow theyre both so gorgeous... anyone know where norchene is from?

thanks for the pictures guys!!

US Vogue NEEDS to start putting more black girls in their editorials. Liya is beautiful, but she is NOT the only black model US Vogue can use. I would love to see Oluchi, Jessica White, Kimanee feautured in US Vogue (that is not just an haute couture editorial, which they use Oluchi for.) And I would love to see Alek Wek in another US Vogue editorial. The last editorial of her was back in January '02 or 03 (which she shared with Karolina Kurkova.)

Originally posted by hommed'affaire@Sep 22 2004, 11:06 AM
And I would love to see Alek Wek in another US Vogue editorial. The last editorial of her was back in January '02 or 03 (which she shared with Karolina Kurkova.)
[snapback]372547[/snapback]​

haha...of course karolina kurkova had to be there...everytime there is an african american or other woman of color in magazine, she is freakin surrounded by white women, hence the September Vogue cover...

Originally posted by BCBG freak@Sep 22 2004, 06:00 AM
wow theyre both so gorgeous... anyone know where norchene is from?

[snapback]372436[/snapback]​

norchene is Tunisian. She's gorgeous! African models definitely need more attention. I love Alek and Liya, but the fashion industry needs to get past putting token black girls on the runways and really show an appreciation for African beauty. I think America is more ready for some diversity on covers than magazine editors think.

Originally posted by sugarpea@Sep 22 2004, 12:40 PM
haha...of course karolina kurkova had to be there...everytime there is an african american or other woman of color in magazine, she is freakin surrounded by white women, hence the September Vogue cover...
[snapback]372626[/snapback]​

:lol:
They call it "artistic contrast". Why Black models (who posses very African characteristics) must be contrasted in every editorial is beyond me. Oluchi is friggin' beautiful. Although I think Liya is one of the most amazing looking women I've ever seen, I agree that she has become the industry's "Get Out of Jail Free Card". In other words, "well you can't accuse of not showcasing Black girls...there's Liya"!

Oluchi is absolutely gorgeous! :woot:
I hope she does very well :flower: :flower:

Norchene is stunning as well :blush: :heart:

I definitely agree that african girls deserve more recognition - aside from Naomi, Alek, Liya, Yasmin and possibly Valery Prince, there's always a lack of african models in the industry. I am glad that Januel McKenzie is getting a lot of ss05 shows, and that Mimi Roche seems to be doing very well - but there's still a drastic shortage of black models in magazines. Which is such a pity, because they're beautiful

Originally posted by FunkyDiva@Sep 22 2004, 01:13 PM
:lol:
They call it "artistic contrast". Why Black models (who posses very African characteristics) must be contrasted in every editorial is beyond me. Oluchi is friggin' beautiful. Although I think Liya is one of the most amazing looking women I've ever seen, I agree that she has become the industry's "Get Out of Jail Free Card". In other words, "well you can't accuse of not showcasing Black girls...there's Liya"!
[snapback]372643[/snapback]​

i call it the halle berry syndrome (ie hollywood saying that there is no racism in hollywood...halle berry won an oscar!)

Originally posted by cerise@Sep 22 2004, 12:53 PM
norchene is Tunisian. She's gorgeous! African models definitely need more attention. I love Alek and Liya, but the fashion industry needs to get past putting token black girls on the runways and really show an appreciation for African beauty. I think America is more ready for some diversity on covers than magazine editors think.
[snapback]372636[/snapback]​

omg seriously?!

thats so cool! im Tunisian as well! how exciting to finally see a Tunisian (other than Hedi Slimane and Azzedine Alaia) in the high fashion world!!

I'm off to look for more pix now lol!

love, wafa

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->