FaceBook Murderer gets 17 to life

Discussion in 'Rumor has it...' started by Echoes, Jan 24, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

http://www.computerweekly.com/Artic...an-jailed-for-yet-another-facebook-murder.htm

More here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ife-death-changed-Facebook-status-single.html

2. capt.charly

capt.charly Active Member

omg its terrible .......................:shock:

3. kala_dev

kala_dev New Member

mmmm wow ! facebook status is ...scary !!!

4. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Why is this relevant? He probably would have harmed her if she wasn't on facebook anyway, he seems quite the nutter, so... This really hasn't got anything to do with facebook. Or tFS.

5. Dkammern

Dkammern DÔMMkammern

^^well i think it's pretty relevant to see the sociological effects that such thing can have in our lives.
    its a way of being aware that people take these things pretty serious. the article only mentions 3 murders for the same reason. Just imagine how many other things it may have caused.
    i am not saying it's facebook faults, of course. facebook is a great way to bring people together, to stay in touch and all that...
    but it's a bit scary too see how people can use it.

6. TeeKay

TeeKay New Member

bloody hell==
    some people just take things too seriously :shock:

7. TommyGirl

TommyGirl Active Member

The title made me think something else, like some facebook-predator, who picks his victims from there..Of course it`s terrible anyway.

8. FASHIONLOVA

FASHIONLOVA New Member

sad.
    facebook and such sites are useless and bring problems to people. they should be banned

9. KaraDanielle11

KaraDanielle11 New Member

^^ They shouldn't be banned! The men that committed these crimes were obviously mentally ill & abusive towards the women that they killed BEFORE seeing the facebooks.

10. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

This has nothing to do with facebook. Those three murders would have occurred anyway - you don't kill someone unless you're mentally ill, and I doubt facebook makes the difference. So...nothing sociological to discuss, really.

11. Dkammern

Dkammern DÔMMkammern

^^ given that you decided to "Reply w/ Quote", and i don't mean this in a bad/angry/harsh way, just take a minute and please read my last couple of lines.
    as i said, i don't blame facebook. i think facebook is great, i use it a lot, and blah blah blah... but it's quite a coincidence that something apparently as insignificant as a website has appeared in 3 cases of murder.
    facebook is changing the way we interact with people, it's changing our perception of privacy and the way we comunicate and show our lives to others.
    of course the murderers were in some way ill, and if it wasnt this, it would be something else, it's true. i'm just saying that these cases are one more thing, out of many, to add to the list of considerations we take into account when discussing the effects of the internet (the 2.0, facebook, youtube, myspace... call it whatever you may,) in our lives
    :flower:

12. ElectricAlyce

ElectricAlyce New Member

True true!!!
    Even if facebook in no way is the reason behind the murders, it shows that services such as facebook has become so intergrated into our lives that it merges with it, and can act as a trigger for such an act, if not as a motive. Makes you think. The main issue with the internet is the difference in how people look at it. If I now call you stupid, I have no idea of that is going to
    a)Make you annoyed, people are sooo rude when they are anonymous
    b)Pffft, that was probably just a joke anyhow
    or c)Take it personally, and get hurt.
    (No offence, you seem the opposite of stupid)

13. Mchunu

Mchunu New Member

man, that's so sad :(

14. cherryblossoms

cherryblossoms New Member

oh my God, that's terrifying...