Factory Girl

I watched it a few days ago.. I have to say I kind of liked it.. I think Sienna looked like Edie in ways, Hayden Christensen made a good Dylan and Guy Pierce as Andy.
The story itself made me really sad...so thats something.

^^same here! i really really liked that movie, and Sienna's performance!

^ No kidding! I feel as though I saw a different movie. :blink: I thought this movie was incredibly stupid, a cartoon that was really misleading. The clothes were beyond ugly and the script was really silly. I have read a bit about the main characters and 1965 for Dylan, Warhol or Edie wasn't anything like what was portrayed in the film.

"I Shot Andy Warhol" and "Ciao Manhattan", on the other hand, are incredible movies, and you get to see the real Edie Sedgwick in Ciao.

^ No kidding! I feel as though I saw a different movie. :blink: I thought this movie was incredibly stupid, a cartoon that was really misleading. The clothes were beyond ugly and the script was really silly. I have read a bit about the main characters and 1965 for Dylan, Warhol or Edie wasn't anything like what was portrayed in the film.

"I Shot Andy Warhol" and "Ciao Manhattan", on the other hand, are incredible movies, and you get to see the real Edie Sedgwick in Ciao.

does the film have to the exact story? then it would be almost like a document! lot of times "true story" movies put a lot of unreal stuff in them to make it more interesting (or whatever is good for the storyline)...

^Well, if they put that much "unreal stuff" to make it "more interesting" then the least they could do is change the names so people don't get the wrong idea.

I watched it a few days ago.. I have to say I kind of liked it.. I think Sienna looked like Edie in ways, Hayden Christensen made a good Dylan and Guy Pierce as Andy.
The story itself made me really sad...so thats something.

I liked it a lot too...I thought Sienna just owned it and it was interesting to watch. And the features on the DVD are really good too...

^^I third that,not the best movie overall,but still enjoyable.And i was taken aback how good Sienna was,she is talented,and simply carried of this movie.Its worth seeing it only for her performance as Edie.

"One owes respect to the living, to the dead only truth" - Voltaire

I think this applies perfectly to why Factory Girl sucks!

Sienna looks enough like Edie but however much she studied Edie's movements....she has nothing of Edie's fluid, fleeting movements. She doesn't have the elegance or the vulnerability either. Good styling though.

"One owes respect to the living, to the dead only truth" - Voltaire

I think this applies perfectly to why Factory Girl sucks!

It did not suck...:lol:

Although the books on her are better...but the movie was a good effort and I would at least watch for Sienna's amazing performance.

i absolutely LOVED the scenes with warhol's mother! she was the true star of the movie!

and of course i took some inspiration from the whole styling, e.g. the shoulder duster earrings that were edie's signature look. found me a fantastic rhinestone pair in a local antiques shop and just wear them everyday now

I loved that movie, when I rented it I randomly picket, without knowing what it was about really, and I really liked it, one of my favorite movies I think. I never heard of Edie Sedwick until I watched it, & I thought Sienna was pretty good in it!

I thought the movie was okay...I liked it even...I think that if someone who has never heard of Edie watches it, they will be more likely to go research her, and find out the truth about her life.

We get it, some of you do not like the movie, but you don't have to criticise everyone who says something positive about it. I'm not trying to be crappy about it, I just want everyone to be able to say something nice about the movie if that's how they feel. :flower:

I agree. You an not argue about taste issues, we say here in Finland. :smile:

Watched it, and it was better than I thought. Sienna's face works surprisingly well for this, but oh her movements. Made me cringe, she's just not even close to the same general type. I'm happy Andy Warhol finally got the sexy pretty boy stand-in :wink: while Bob Dylan got the not-so-hot one. Ugh, Dylan's character was really humorless and awful :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->