Fair / Pale Skin

Thank you Oceanharlot! Do you know of any good exfoliators? Does the St. Ives apricot one work? (I think it's meant for you face).

I also like pale skin. But i don´t like pale skin without a bit of blush or lipstick. It makes people look a bit sick. Mind you that i am also pale. :smile:

I don´t see the need of wearing such a strong SPF like 45 or more, in the wintr time. I don´t know where you live, but unless you have more than 15º in the winter, and outside most of the day, there is no need.
Even because, the more higher the spf the more chemicals and that is no good for the skin.

I also read once, that from 30spf the higher protection doen´t exactly mean that it blocks more damaging rays.

hth :smile:

I've got pale skin too and get the "OMG, you're so white" comment every now and then. I always feel so self conscious and tend to steer away from wearing skirts in fear that people will stare at my legs b/c they're so pale! I love going to the beach though, but always wear sunscreen. I find that my skin doesn't really tan anyway, so I just accept it.

Pale people of the world unite!~ :P

I've finally accepted that I'm going to be Whitey McWhiterson for the rest of my life and I'm quite happy with that. I have freckles, too, though which suck but apparently fade as you get older.

It's coming into summer here and I am another one of those Oh My God I Can't Wear Skirts people but, dammit, I just bought my first short skirt the other day and I am going to rock it - without the orange fake tan this year! :doh:

I, too, hate it when people say that I'm soooooooooo white but yeah, they're jus jellus!

while secretly thinking to myself "you wish you were so cool..."

Hell yeah!

The only thing that sucks is that pale shades of clothing really wash me out. I have to do the Bright! Colours! thing all the time.

Do you know of any good exfoliators? Does the St. Ives apricot one work? (I think it's meant for you face).

I love St. Ives apricot scrub! I'm pretty sure they have a body scrub, too. :heart:

Originally posted by rouge@Oct 10 2004, 08:24 PM
I've got pale skin too and get the "OMG, you're so white" comment every now and then. I always feel so self conscious and tend to steer away from wearing skirts in fear that people will stare at my legs b/c they're so pale! I love going to the beach though, but always wear sunscreen. I find that my skin doesn't really tan anyway, so I just accept it.
[snapback]393131[/snapback]​

gah thats why i dont wear skirts, low tops, etc.

im really self conscious if people can see my viens anywhere, because of my skin being so pale.

ive come to like it though

I know many girls who have a really deep tan from tanning beds the whole year round. When you live in Iceland it's pretty pathetic IMO.

I've been using Schering Plough's Episol (don't know if it's available elsewhere) and I'll try La Roche-Posay's Helioblock - I got free samples from my dermathologist :mrgreen:

St Ives is good. Rough though, so if you have sensitive skin, I'd say go for something like the Clarin's orange exfoliating scrub, yu use it in the shower and its very gentle. Or just look for a clean, gentle (usually with microbeads) scrub.

Just always look for the sunscreen with UVA and UVB blocking agents. Usually sunscreens only block one or the other, so look for one that blocks both!

I can't disagree more. The reason tans are so popular is because beauty is associated with sun and youth carefee and not locked in a closet with spf 45. If you put a tan even moderately tan person next to a pale one who looks healthier?

I'm sorry, but there is a difference between being sickly pale and beautifully pale. I'm sure most of the posters here are beautifully pale when they aren't actually sick.

Smart people today know that sun tanning means a higher risk of skin cancer.
Who's healthier now?

The article is in the July 2003 edition. I am trying to scan it but my scanner is playing up. :smile:

Originally posted by Harvz88@Oct 13 2004, 05:13 PM
I'm sorry, but there is a difference between being sickly pale and beautifully pale. I'm sure most of the posters here are beautifully pale when they aren't actually sick.

Smart people today know that sun tanning means a higher risk of skin cancer.
Who's healthier now?
[snapback]396215[/snapback]​

:clap:

"Smart people today know that sun tanning means a higher risk of skin cancer.
Who's healthier now?"

If your going to live everyday afraid of "risks" don't leave your house. I rather be beautiful now while I'm young and it can take me places then when I'm 40 something with a big *** from popping out 3 kids to a man I settled for.

Originally posted by Sassyspice@Oct 15 2004, 09:20 AM
If your going to live everyday afraid of "risks" don't leave your house. I rather be beautiful now while I'm young and it can take me places then when I'm 40 something with a big *** from popping out 3 kids to a man I settled for.
[snapback]397615[/snapback]​

ok. i'm going to be beautiful and pale now while i'm young, and when im old.
but, seriously, good for you.

You sound frighteningly defensive. :ninja:

"Smart people today know that sun tanning means a higher risk of skin cancer.
Who's healthier now?"

First off, where is your tan going to take you? :blink:
Secondly, why are already planning to have a "big ***" at age 40 AND be married to a man you "settled for"?

I fought against my paleness as a teenager. Now I embrace it. My mom just told me the other day that I look the same as I did when I was 17. Who knows you better than Moms? Yeah sunscreen!!!!!!! :clap:

Originally posted by paprika_hiccup@Oct 15 2004, 06:24 PM
First off, where is your tan going to take you? :blink:
[snapback]398109[/snapback]​

Into the arms of a man who will keep her *** small... ?

Don't ask me how that works, I don't know...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->