FAKE designer bags!!!!

how many Chinese tenyearolds it takes to make a stam bag.

Hey Blondes, your English is spot on! -- as is your sense of humor! :D

There's a very strong possibility that the same Chinese 10-year-old (ok, 18-year-old) is making the authentic Stam bag as well as the replica one...The book "DeLuxe" discusses how many European and US designers are now quietly or even secretly manufacturing handbags in China. Some of them "finish" the bags (e.g., attach the handle) in Italy or France, allowing the "Made in Italy" tag to be legally affixed, while others simply illegally attach that "Made in France" tag to their Chinese-manufactured bags. Prada and Celine are two of the design houses which are known to quietly manufacture leather accessories in China, and of course Coach is well-known for its Chinese manufacturing; but apparently there are many others which manufacture wholly or partially in China although they claim otherwise.

It's rather silly to think that any product you will buy can possibly be "fair trade" or treat the factory workers fairly and equally. All products have a negative effect on the person making and the environment, etc.

However, buying fake goods does certainly hurt the company that rightfully should make profit off of the bag. And buying a dozen fake cheap bags is certainly worse than buying a real bag. I

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bump, but I figured this was worth posting. Check out this Damier knockoff by Ezekiel (some skater brand)

133828_BrownL.jpg

http://www.amogirls.com/Catalog/brand.aspx?j~&bp=1&sc=80&br=100&pr=5957&bx=1&px=1&at=-1&bi=0

not really a fake, but i couldn't find a knockoff bag thread

I agree with some back in this thread, who said that "they don't care abouts fakes, as long as they know theres is real" :lol:

Originally posted by gee gee
Well weren't you a newbie here too?
The counterfeiters don't even use real leather? Wow I wasn't aware of that.

While you are purchasing counterfeit handbags, you are supporting organized crime, drug trafficking and terrorism. You might want to do an internet search on that.
angry.gif

geegee, I don't think you can be 100% that auth bags (of any brand) are made in the best conditions, either. I live in Italy, and I can assure you that I have seen very frequently on the news that brand name factories producing goods here have been exposed for exploiting(mainly) chinese workers that are underpaid. These workers have also been caught living IN the factory in large groups, and since they are undocumented, they cannot recieve medical care, so they have a clandestine 'doctor', and other such unfairness.
now, I am not defending fakes, because I myself have not been inside factories that make them, but how can you be so accusing and indignant when you have no idea in what conditions authentic bags are made? remember, it's the same exploited child labor that creates the clothes you might legally buy at old navy, at nike or anywhere else that carries clothes with a tag saying "made in china, bangladesh, indonesia"....
I only believe that Hermes still makes its accessories by hand, hence the stamp of the artisan who made each bag. I would like the same reassurance from other brands as well, or at least a vid of the production process on the webpage (or something) to be able to make such accusations with a clear conscience.

my $0.02.

My post just magically appeared on this thread

I never posted it here.

Did you see the post I was replying too?

My point was purchasing counterfeit handbags is supporting organized crime.

It is freely discussed on another thread here and I was shocked.

geegee, I don't think you can be 100% that auth bags (of any brand) are made in the best conditions, either. I live in Italy, and I can assure you that I have seen very frequently on the news that brand name factories producing goods here have been exposed for exploiting(mainly) chinese workers that are underpaid. These workers have also been caught living IN the factory in large groups, and since they are undocumented, they cannot recieve medical care, so they have a clandestine 'doctor', and other such unfairness.
now, I am not defending fakes, because I myself have not been inside factories that make them, but how can you be so accusing and indignant when you have no idea in what conditions authentic bags are made? remember, it's the same exploited child labor that creates the clothes you might legally buy at old navy, at nike or anywhere else that carries clothes with a tag saying "made in china, bangladesh, indonesia"....
I only believe that Hermes still makes its accessories by hand, hence the stamp of the artisan who made each bag. I would like the same reassurance from other brands as well, or at least a vid of the production process on the webpage (or something) to be able to make such accusations with a clear conscience.

my $0.02.

your post was moved here because what you wrote was inappropriate for that thread. Your discussion belongs here. This discussion comes up often and it goes nowhere. What are your sources for your statements? I would be happy to engage in this conversation with you as long as it is based on facts.

I did see you were posting in the iOffer thread and I responded there as well. our posts were moved here as they were off topic in that thread.

I know what your point was, you say that buying handbags supports organized crime, terrorism and child labor. Did you read my post at all?

Please get off your high horse. again, I repeat, that I am NOT defending the fake industry, but when you make blanket statements such as the ones you did in the ioffer thread it makes me very angry (let's overlook the fact that your "opinions" were unsolicited). How dare you shove Harper's Bazaar articles in our faces claiming that it is the hard, cold truth that the replica industry supports organized crime, when in the good 'ole US of A illegal aliens are smuggled daily in disastrous conditions to work for ridiculous wages in a sweatshop producing your precious Juicy Couture tracksuits and Nike Shox? here's a quote from a RESPECTABLE source, the US department of justice, talking about sweatshop labor IN THE US:

ILLEGAL ALIENS WORKING IN SWEATSHOPS
Illegal aliens comprise a substantial portion of the sweatshop work force. These undocumented workers are easily exploited by unscrupulous employers and frequently labor for long hours at less than the minimum wage under unsafe and unhealthy conditions. In some cases, illegal aliens are held in sweatshops under conditions of involuntary servitude. Sweatshops exact both social and economic costs including lost wages and taxes and the fostering of organized criminal enterprises including alien smuggling, drug trafficking, money laundering, labor racketeering, and extortion.

from

http://www.usdoj.gov/oig/reports/INS/e9608/i9608p1.htm

Been to the border much? I am mexican (and have lived there for 10 years) and can tell you, it is no secret that there is a big ring of people working to smuggle mexicans over to the US, bribing border police, et al, to get them to work at some factory. In other words, ORGNIZED CRIME.
If you're so against organized crime and you feel so badly for underpaid illegal alien workers, I suggest you start buying only fair-trade clothing and go apesh*t on every person you see wearing Nike, Gap, Old Navy and Levis.

or MAYBE the real reason for your hatred towards fakes is that you can't stand that people can have something 99% similar to what you do for a fraction of the price?

(I would like to make clear that TO EACH THEIR OWN, I am not hating on people who buy authentics, I would if I had the money, and more power to them. but I cannot stand people who get all up in your business and call you a terrorist for buying a fake balenciaga bag. just let people be.)

I did see you were posting in the iOffer thread and I responded there as well. our posts were moved here as they were off topic in that thread.

I know what your point was, you say that buying handbags supports organized crime, terrorism and child labor. Did you read my post at all?

Please get off your high horse. again, I repeat, that I am NOT defending the fake industry, but when you make blanket statements such as the ones you did in the ioffer thread it makes me very angry (let's overlook the fact that your "opinions" were unsolicited). How dare you shove Harper's Bazaar articles in our faces claiming that it is the hard, cold truth that the replica industry supports organized crime, when in the good 'ole US of A illegal aliens are smuggled daily in disastrous conditions to work for ridiculous wages in a sweatshop producing your precious Juicy Couture tracksuits and Nike Shox? here's a quote from a RESPECTABLE source, the US department of justice, talking about sweatshop labor IN THE US:

Been to the border much? I am mexican (and have lived there for 10 years) and can tell you, it is no secret that there is a big ring of people working to smuggle mexicans over to the US, bribing border police, et al, to get them to work at some factory. In other words, ORGNIZED CRIME.
If you're so against organized crime and you feel so badly for underpaid illegal alien workers, I suggest you start buying only fair-trade clothing and go apesh*t on every person you see wearing Nike, Gap, Old Navy and Levis.

or MAYBE the real reason for your hatred towards fakes is that you can't stand that people can have something 99% similar to what you do for a fraction of the price?

(I would like to make clear that TO EACH THEIR OWN, I am not hating on people who buy authentics, I would if I had the money, and more power to them. but I cannot stand people who get all up in your business and call you a terrorist for buying a fake balenciaga bag. just let people be.)
:clap::clap::clap::clap: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You put this SO perfectly.
I agree 100%!!!!!!
The whole "It's ILLEGAL!" thing is such a cop out!!! First of all, there is NO assurance that in buying an authentic you are supporting anything else. Those $1,000s people spend on a bag ain't going to the factory worker I'll tell you that!! How do you think LV has the money to hire Scarlett Johanssen and other celebs to be in their ads? That's where the money goes!
If the possibility of unfair working conditions in factories were truly the reason people are so bugged by replicas, then their whole lifestyle would show it.....
People get petty and jealous becuase they paid an arm and a leg for a bag that other's paid a $100 for. Then they need a justifiable reason for their issue so they go off about factory conditions, unfair trade, terrorism and the Mafia. All things which they probably know VERY little about. However that doesn't stop them from perpetuating untrue stories and assumptions.
I just feel like the snobbery is SO blantantly obvious among the people who are so disgusted with replicas. I think people who are fulfilled and leading happy and healthy lives, probably aren't that bugged by replicas and don't let it ruin their happiness.

I own both real and fake Balenciaga and LV.
I own real Chanel and real Marc Jacobs.
-My real balenciaga's tasseled frayed, the leather wore through on a bottom corner, the color got very spotted from daily wear.
retail price aprox $1150
-My real Marc Jacobs multipocket bag faded in color, the rings on both sides of the shoulder strap broke inside where they are held in place, so now they turn and the weight is put on the leather rather than the metal
retail price $895
-Real LV papillion bag (cant remember retail price????)
small hole in the bottom of the bag, splitting in the leather of the handles
....Theres more, but I just wanted to make an example of each designer whose quality has let me down for the price.
I have spent thousands of dollars on the real deal, and in the end-every bag is ognna wear out, and fray and lose color over time...so my theory now is 'Why spend thousands on something I can get for much less and it looks the exact same?'
I have purchased a few replicas recently since discovering the ioffer thread on tFS, I have turned some friends onto it as well.
I think we're all just so fed up with being ripped off-spending thousands and getting the quality that I can find in a bag for $150 just doesnt seem logical to me

thats why I've gone down the fakes road.
I have nothing against it, and I see both sides to the argument, but I dont think its neccessary to put people down for purchasing fakes

and thats just my thoughs on the subject

The statement moved over here was one of a few posts that I made. The mod over in the other thread just moved the one above. You ladies are not aware of what else was said or what I was posting in reference to.

Over in the other thread I saw discussions of purchasing counterfeit handbags, discussion of sources, discussion of comparisons to the authentic product, mostly Balenciaga / LV handbags. I was shocked that a somewhat reputable forum such as this would allow this, as again it is illegal and a federal offense to sell counterfeits.

IMO there is a difference between a replica and a counterfeit. Yes, some designers do copy the higher end bags. But they do not put the original designers logo, imprints, matching serial numbers etc on their product.

The counterfeit trade is illegal. Those that purchase counterfeits are supporting (i.e. giving their money) to organized crime. There has been links to this organized crime and funding terrorism.

The sweatshop/illegal alien problem is a separate issue. I am not educated enough on that particular issue to comment, but do agree it is perhaps a problem.

I do not own anything made by Nike, Juicy, Gap, etc. Again this is a separate issue from the issue I brought up.

And finally, your last statement is incorrect. I never "called" you or any member here a "terrorist".

I own both real and fake Balenciaga and LV.
I own real Chanel and real Marc Jacobs.
-My real balenciaga's tasseled frayed, the leather wore through on a bottom corner, the color got very spotted from daily wear.
retail price aprox $1150
-My real Marc Jacobs multipocket bag faded in color, the rings on both sides of the shoulder strap broke inside where they are held in place, so now they turn and the weight is put on the leather rather than the metal
retail price $895
-Real LV papillion bag (cant remember retail price????)
small hole in the bottom of the bag, splitting in the leather of the handles
....Theres more, but I just wanted to make an example of each designer whose quality has let me down for the price.
I have spent thousands of dollars on the real deal, and in the end-every bag is ognna wear out, and fray and lose color over time...so my theory now is 'Why spend thousands on something I can get for much less and it looks the exact same?'
I have purchased a few replicas recently since discovering the ioffer thread on tFS, I have turned some friends onto it as well.
I think we're all just so fed up with being ripped off-spending thousands and getting the quality that I can find in a bag for $150 just doesnt seem logical to me

thats why I've gone down the fakes road.
I have nothing against it, and I see both sides to the argument, but I dont think its neccessary to put people down for purchasing fakes

and thats just my thoughs on the subject

My mother was once carrying her Neo Cabby GM when the strap broke.... in the middle of the street. She jokingly says she paid circa £1,000 ($2,000) for public humilliation!

That being said, even though I wholeheartly agree with your opinion about the quality (or lack of thereof) a lot of designer handbags, I do not believe it justifies buying a fake handbag.

After the experience, we have decided to not buy any more LV and focus on designers who offer the quality we are after. Carrying a fake LV bag would defy the object of our attempt at boycotting them :ninja:

Well said.

If the quality of LV's has deteriorated, why not purchase a well made, nice leather non high end designer bag that is not a counterfeit.

Personally I dislike LV's, do not own one, and I would hate being a walking advertisement for LV, with thier logos all over the handbag.

My mother was once carrying her Neo Cabby GM when the strap broke.... in the middle of the street. She jokingly says she paid circa £1,000 ($2,000) for public humilliation!

That being said, even though I wholeheartly agree with your opinion about the quality (or lack of thereof) a lot of designer handbags, I do not believe it justifies buying a fake handbag.

After the experience, we have decided to not buy any more LV and focus on designers who offer the quality we are after. Carrying a fake LV bag would defy the object of our attempt at boycotting them :ninja:

geez, you gotta have an awful amount of free time to re-read that Bazaar article, over and over again.

if we would do anything illegal on this board, the mods would take care of it. matter of fact, don't stress your pretty little head and let the FashionSpot take its course like usual.

The statement moved over here was one of a few posts that I made. The mod over in the other thread just moved the one above. You ladies are not aware of what else was said or what I was posting in reference to.

Over in the other thread I saw discussions of purchasing counterfeit handbags, discussion of sources, discussion of comparisons to the authentic product, mostly Balenciaga / LV handbags. I was shocked that a somewhat reputable forum such as this would allow this, as again it is illegal and a federal offense to sell counterfeits.

IMO there is a difference between a replica and a counterfeit. Yes, some designers do copy the higher end bags. But they do not put the original designers logo, imprints, matching serial numbers etc on their product.

The counterfeit trade is illegal. Those that purchase counterfeits are supporting (i.e. giving their money) to organized crime. There has been links to this organized crime and funding terrorism.

The sweatshop/illegal alien problem is a separate issue. I am not educated enough on that particular issue to comment, but do agree it is perhaps a problem.

I do not own anything made by Nike, Juicy, Gap, etc. Again this is a separate issue from the issue I brought up.

And finally, your last statement is incorrect. I never "called" you or any member here a "terrorist".

My last statement was meant as a sarcastic remark to carry my point across.

Why are you so concerned about people doing something illegal by buying fake bags? Theoretically, as long as you don't do it, you should be fine, right?

and my bringing up the sweatshop/illegal alien is not a separate issue in this discussion, it is directly linked.
if you are so offended/worried about people supporting organized crime by buying fake bags that you feel the need to bombard a replica discussion thread with righteous statements, then by consequence (if you are morally consistent) you should be offended by any other potentially illegal/unjust goings-on. I really don't think you go around electronics forums and quote magazine articles to computer techs who buy parts from China and not from an authorized dealership do you? do you march in anti-terrorism protests? how genuine is your hate for terrorism and organized crime? I am seriously curious.

I think it is amusing to see someone so incensed by an article in a magazine that she felt the need to source out an invitation to a forum just to post her $0.000002.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ItaloCanadian
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->