FAKE designer bags!!!!

You know the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right".

So let me get this straight.... Nike, Juicy etc hire illegal aliens from Mexico to work in their factories........ Computer corporations use parts from China, and that makes it ok to purchase illegal counterfeit handbags.......and then discuss openly, naming sources, comparing authentic vs fake on another thread here in this so called reputable forum..............

That is your defense?

Wow. I'm amazed.

Thank you for all your input and information.
It is greatly appreciated.

I'm so glad I found this forum.
My last statement was meant as a sarcastic remark to carry my point across.

Why are you so concerned about people doing something illegal by buying fake bags? Theoretically, as long as you don't do it, you should be fine, right?

and my bringing up the sweatshop/illegal alien is not a separate issue in this discussion, it is directly linked.
if you are so offended/worried about people supporting organized crime by buying fake bags that you feel the need to bombard a replica discussion thread with righteous statements, then by consequence (if you are morally consistent) you should be offended by any other potentially illegal/unjust goings-on. I really don't think you go around electronics forums and quote magazine articles to computer techs who buy parts from China and not from an authorized dealership do you? do you march in anti-terrorism protests? how genuine is your hate for terrorism and organized crime? I am seriously curious.

I think it is amusing to see someone so incensed by an article in a magazine that she felt the need to source out an invitation to a forum just to post her $0.000002.

My last statement was meant as a sarcastic remark to carry my point across.

Why are you so concerned about people doing something illegal by buying fake bags? Theoretically, as long as you don't do it, you should be fine, right?

and my bringing up the sweatshop/illegal alien is not a separate issue in this discussion, it is directly linked.
if you are so offended/worried about people supporting organized crime by buying fake bags that you feel the need to bombard a replica discussion thread with righteous statements, then by consequence (if you are morally consistent) you should be offended by any other potentially illegal/unjust goings-on. I really don't think you go around electronics forums and quote magazine articles to computer techs who buy parts from China and not from an authorized dealership do you? do you march in anti-terrorism protests? how genuine is your hate for terrorism and organized crime? I am seriously curious.

I think it is amusing to see someone so incensed by an article in a magazine that she felt the need to source out an invitation to a forum just to post her $0.000002.

Amen amen amen!!! If it were really about the "Crime" being committed then she'd be upset about a whole slew of other issues and probably would be such a caring and concerned citizen that she would focus on more important things than handbags and bugging people who buy replicas.

Btw did you notice the TOTAL avoidance in responding to any one of the wonderful points you brought up?? If this were a debate I'd say you won, hands down!!

Not the issue at hand.

I really don't have the time to "debate" this issue.

I have the documentation I need.

Thank you.

BTW what is the average age of the members here on this thread and the other fake thread? Am I talking to teenagers?

Amen amen amen!!! If it were really about the "Crime" being committed then she'd be upset about a whole slew of other issues and probably would be such a caring and concerned citizen that she would focus on more important things than handbags and bugging people who buy replicas.

Btw did you notice the TOTAL avoidance in responding to any one of the wonderful points you brought up?? If this were a debate I'd say you won, hands down!!

I'm not upset,

Just researching for an article I'm working on.

Thanks again YOUNG ladies.

Not the issue at hand.

Thank you.

BTW what is the average age of the members here on this thread and the other fake thread? Am I talking to teenagers?

:lol: I love that you "don't have the time to "debate" this issue" yet you are debating, you continue to debate and you individually respond to each post you "don't have the time" to debate.

Do we come off like teenagers? To the aged, bored and probably wrinkled, I probably do seem quite young, thank you! :flower:

You know the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right".

So let me get this straight.... Nike, Juicy etc hire illegal aliens from Mexico to work in their factories........ Computer corporations use parts from China, and that makes it ok to purchase illegal counterfeit handbags.......and then discuss openly, naming sources, comparing authentic vs fake on another thread here in this so called reputable forum..............

That is your defense?

Wow. I'm amazed.

Thank you for all your input and information.
It is greatly appreciated.

I'm so glad I found this forum.

are you serious?? I mean, are you seriously asking if that is my defense?
you completely and utterly missed the point.

how many times do I have to repeat myself? I AM NOT DEFENDING THE PURCHASE OF FAKE HANDBAGS. MY ARGUMENTS WERE NOT A DEFENSE. (I really hoped for this to be an intelligent debate, with valid points and opinions brought up on both sides, but I feel like I'm arguing with George Bush here.)
My posts are questioning HOW you can focus on one sole trade and stand on your soapbox preaching righteousness when you don't seem to give a flying f*** about unfairness elsewhere ("two wrongs don't make a right"). I felt the need to use examples to illustrate my point, to maybe make you understand my argument, but I see that my efforts were in vain.

Is it so hard to just say that you are disgusted by fakes just because you don't like seeing people carry cheap copies of the bag you paid a lot of money for? (many people on this thread have previously expressed this and it is a completely valid opinion)
I would have so much more respect for you if you did this at the very beginning. The fact that you supposedly 'feel' for workers in counterfeit handbag factories and worry about the alleged "organized crime" that the trade supports would indicate a person that WHOLEHEARTEDLY AND IN ANY CASE TRIES TO FIGHT THESE ISSUES, NOT LIMITED TO THE BUYING/SELLING OF COUNTERFEITS.

do you understand what I'm trying to say here!??!?!

now, TFS does not condone buying or selling at all, so in theory there is nothing illegal going on here. Again, I ask, WHY ARE YOU SO WORRIED ABOUT WHAT THIS FORUM ALLOWS FOR DISCUSSION IF YOU'RE NOT EVEN A PARTICIPATING MEMBER? i'm thinking 98% of your posts are limited to this thread.

Not the issue at hand.

Thank you.

why wouldn't you have time to debate this issue? are you going to write your article based on your opinion and your complete and total one- sidedness?

Journalism at its best.

If you're writing an article about it, at least take the time to research more respectable sources. besides Harper's Bazaar, what do you have? have you been to the factories and gone undercover, like PETA does when it wants to obtain cold, hard facts?

With that kind of bibliography and journalistic integrity I believe your article have enough credibility to be published in a high school newspaper, at best.

that's actually funny because you're calling us "teenagers".

I would like to post an article from The American Prospect, a liberal voice magazine that has around 37,000 paid subscriptions with over one million monthly visitors online. It is not on a Harper's Bazaar diffusion level, but I would expect a LIBERAL politics magazine to be the first to rag on unfair/illegal trades going on. It expresses my thoughts on the matter quite well.

WHEN YOU BUY A FAKE PURSE YOU'RE BUYING DEATH!!! This is just ridiculous. According to the New York Times, that fake purse you bought down on Canal Street last time you were in New York was made by a Colombian child working for Al Qaeda in China:
Most people think that buying an imitation handbag or wallet is harmless, a victimless crime. But the counterfeiting rackets are run by crime syndicates that also deal in narcotics, weapons, child prostitution, human trafficking and terrorism. Ronald K. Noble, the secretary general of Interpol, told the House of Representatives Committee on International Relations that profits from the sale of counterfeit goods have gone to groups associated with Hezbollah, the Shiite terrorist group, paramilitary organizations in Northern Ireland and FARC, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia. Sales of counterfeit T-shirts may have helped finance the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, according to the International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition. "Profits from counterfeiting are one of the three main sources of income supporting international terrorism," said Magnus Ranstorp, a terrorism expert at the University of St. Andrews, in Scotland.
Because clearly, an organization dedicated to going after counterfeiters has no incentive to exaggerate and the statement that "profits from" counterfeiting have gone to groups "associated with" terrorism leaves no room for ambiguity. Look, I'm sure that there is some truth to this, but the over-the-top rhetoric is ridiculous. Child labor and international terrorism have many causes, and I highly doubt that even if everyone in the world stopped buying counterfeit goods either scourge would go away. After all, this kind of fear-mongering has worked so well to reduce drug use and copyright infringement ... oh wait it hasn't at all. The real problem is expressed with admirable briefness my Miuccia Prada:
"There is a kind of an obsession with bags," the designer Miuccia Prada told me. "It's so easy to make money."
--Sam Boyd

Posted by Ann Friedman on August 30, 2007 5:04 PM | Permalink
source: http://www.prospect.org/csnc/blogs/tapped_archive?month=08&year=2007&base_name=post_4736

I look forward to your response.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate ghetto trash that buy fake designer clothes, purses, and it's on the news now their buying fake vehicles to impress their neigbhours.

Personally, I think anyone who buys fake designer bags is a piece of a trash. Today at Bloor & Young I saw this girl with this "leather" LV bag that looked like bended plastic (where you have to bend the purse into the shape it's actually souposed to be).
Anyways, pieces of trash like this keep the trade going.

I hate ghetto trash that buy fake designer clothes, purses, and it's on the news now their buying fake vehicles to impress their neigbhours
^^^ ??? :blink: :shock: :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate ghetto trash that buy fake designer clothes, purses, and it's on the news now their buying fake vehicles to impress their neigbhours.

Personally, I think anyone who buys fake designer bags is a piece of a trash. Today at Bloor & Young I saw this girl with this "leather" LV bag that looked like bended plastic (where you have to bend the purse into the shape it's actually souposed to be).

a little harsh ^^ but it made me laugh sooo much:lol::flower:

it's true!!
there was a news segment about how the some guys (prob the husbands of the soccar moms who buy fake LV bags) buy ****ty vehicles that are modified to look like luxury vehicles.

Is it so hard to just say that you are disgusted by fakes just because you don't like seeing people carry cheap copies of the bag you paid a lot of money for? (many people on this thread have previously expressed this and it is a completely valid opinion)

hI jungle...i just want to comment on this statement.....

at the end of the day we came to tfs for the love of fashion rite?
i love the things that i bought not because of how much they cost....i love how they look like,and how they look good on me,and the amazing quality of a REAL designer goods(i can sleep on my smooshy bottega bags)they're pure heaven.i buy cheap stuff too because of the way they look,if they look stylish enough for me,i'd buy them.
BUT I WILL NEVER BUY FAKES
its not the money i spent on the real thing that bothers me whenever i see people wearing fakes.....honestly and truthfully...i'm not only saying this....i havent found even the best quality of fakes as good as the real ones.
and aside from the "Crimes behind the making of fakes",i really value and honour a designer's right,because i'm a designer myself.
what bothers me is and make me feel sad at the same time is,there are actually a LOT of people in this world who are FAKES,because i consider people who are wearing fakes are fakes themselves.they're lying to themselves,and they "attempt" to lie to people too pretending they're wearing the real ones just to look cool and "rich".how sad........:cry:
i know lots of stylish people who are not even wearing any expensive designer items.i really admire them for that.
on the other hand,i see a LOT of "unstylish"people who are wearing luxury things and look cheap.
at the end of the day...all you have to have is style.you cant buy style.
so i really dont hate people wearing fakes for any reason,i dont feel threatened or intimidated by them,...i just feel sad for them B)

hI jungle...i just want to comment on this statement.....

at the end of the day we came to tfs for the love of fashion rite?
i love the things that i bought not because of how much they cost....i love how they look like,and how they look good on me,and the amazing quality of a REAL designer goods(i can sleep on my smooshy bottega bags)they're pure heaven.i buy cheap stuff too because of the way they look,if they look stylish enough for me,i'd buy them.
BUT I WILL NEVER BUY FAKES
its not the money i spent on the real thing that bothers me whenever i see people wearing fakes.....honestly and truthfully...i'm not only saying this....i havent found even the best quality of fakes as good as the real ones.
and aside from the "Crimes behind the making of fakes",i really value and honour a designer's right,because i'm a designer myself.
what bothers me is and make me feel sad at the same time is,there are actually a LOT of people in this world who are FAKES,because i consider people who are wearing fakes are fakes themselves.they're lying to themselves,and they "attempt" to lie to people too pretending they're wearing the real ones just to look cool and "rich".how sad........:cry:
i know lots of stylish people who are not even wearing any expensive designer items.i really admire them for that.
on the other hand,i see a LOT of "unstylish"people who are wearing luxury things and look cheap.
at the end of the day...all you have to have is style.you cant buy style.
so i really dont hate people wearing fakes for any reason,i dont feel threatened or intimidated by them,...i just feel sad for them B)

I think you make some good points, however I just want to say this: There are many, many people who buy authentic items when they can't afford it, and put themselves into serious debt because of it. Are they not then lying as well? Are they not "fake" because they can't really afford it and are pretending to be "cool" and "rich"? Should we all go around with our bank statements stapled to our bags, just to prove that we are not "faking" it?

What is more sad: buying a fake bag because you can't afford the real thing, or putting yourself into debt because you buy into the idea that you are a more stylish person for spending $2000 on a bag? Yes, you are buying quality with the real thing, but trust me when I say that the designer companies are laughing at us all the way to the bank everytime one of us falls for their marketing campaign.

I am not directing this answer at you personally, I am sure you are good about money, I just meant this in a general sense.

And snobs like you who are so shallow, vain and outright vicious are the reason that companies who make a bag that's worth $100 and then sell it for $2000 can stay in business. Because you go and pay that ridiculous price and in turn feel superior to the pieces of "trash" who buy replica bags.

I have nothing but pure pity for you. All the money to buy real bags but no happiness or depth or character to speak of. :(

agree with both of you :smile:
both situations would be sad. I agree that someone buying a fake makes them buy into something just as much as the person who buys the real thing but puts themself into debt.
so, as a conclusion, who cares as long as you are happy with your bag?!
Personally, as many know, I only go for the real stuff. .. just for myself. no matter how much people say, its the same, come on, you should also get one... no way. tried once, not going down that road again, as they will just hang around in my closet for ever. i honestly and ceratinly buy my real things for my own pleasure :woot: and trust me i get real real pleasure out of them (as its only paid for in cash^_^ )

I think you make some good points, however I just want to say this: There are many, many people who buy authentic items when they can't afford it, and put themselves into serious debt because of it. Are they not then lying as well? Are they not "fake" because they can't really afford it and are pretending to be "cool" and "rich"? Should we all go around with our bank statements stapled to our bags, just to prove that we are not "faking" it?

What is more sad: buying a fake bag because you can't afford the real thing, or putting yourself into debt because you buy into the idea that you are a more stylish person for spending $2000 on a bag? Yes, you are buying quality with the real thing, but trust me when I say that the designer companies are laughing at us all the way to the bank everytime one of us falls for their marketing campaign.

I am not directing this answer at you personally, I am sure you are good about money, I just meant this in a general sense.

Personally, I think anyone who buys fake designer bags is a piece of a trash.

It's fine with me if you hate fake bags and the industry that creates them but to call another HUMAN BEING trash is totally unacceptable!!! True trash are those who murder, r*pe or likewise violently use their power to keep another human being beneath their feet. Harsh words like yours only a few steps away from the likes of them. It's this type of attitude that drives the masses to purchase fakes so that they feel equal to those who have the "good life" or those who are living the "american dream" etc. More and more teenagers are buying into the myth that money can buy happiness and that possessions make you better than the Jones's. It is no longer keeping up with the Jones's, it's surpassing them and setting them beneath your overly priced loafers. I am not opposed to people who have more buying better quality items because their financial status allows for it but you're statement is about status and status alone. You could care less about the human race and if there is any injustice being done to anyone, you only care about yourself and looking down your snotty nose at others.

And geegee, you must be a teenager yourself to be so totally immature in your responses. Surely if you were an adult and educated in the art of research you would realize that you cannot write an unbiased paper with your extremely strong opinion that you are expressing here. And why insult everyone here by assuming everyone is a teenager so that you can feel superior to the other posters? Really unprofessional of you IMHO.

Whew, good to vent! PMS is a killer! :angry:

If you're writing an article about it, at least take the time to research more respectable sources. besides Harper's Bazaar, what do you have? have you been to the factories and gone undercover, like PETA does when it wants to obtain cold, hard facts?

JJ, thank you for your well-reasoned argument and supporting facts. :flower:

Wow, with arguments this heated (and with spellcheck conspicuously absent, I might add,) pray tell what is going to happen come fall and we debate "sub"categories such as the presidential election? Shudder....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->