Fake Lvs From Lv Stores?!

MsMeg

Reaction score
I don't know if this topic has ever come up in this forum, but I was looking through the Style.com forums and somebody remarked that there have been a case where a LV shipment was stolen and replaced with fakes which were then sent to the LV store. Now does this sound ridiculous or credible? Is it possible to purchase fake LVs from LV stores? Could the SAs/store managers be trusted? Personally, I am starting to feel a little paranoid about my own recent LV purchase... any one wanna give their 2 cents on this?

I've heard these stories before, the thought angers me. If a fake gets on the floor, and they sell it, and you then realize its fake, you have no recourse. You would have no way of proving that you didnt just switch what you bought with a fake you already had and were trying to jip them. I think they have tightened up on security, and might even check every bag before they hit the floor, but who knows.

sorry for being rude but i didnt even finish reading your story... :flower:

this is soooo RIDICULOUS. anything form a boutique/LV dealer IS and STAYS real. if it wasnt LV has a lifetime warranty. they even give you a new one if youre unahppy ...

i never buy those stories of anyone. :rolleyes:

YES, shipments can be stolen but only to then be sold on the blackmarket or here in italy at the famous fake bag market stalls. :wink:

and this is the style.com forums you are talking about, possibly the most messed up fashion forums on the net :lol:

Originally posted by PradaP@Apr 24th, 2004 - 1:06 am
and this is the style.com forums you are talking about, possibly the most messed up fashion forums on the net :lol:
:lol:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Apr 24th, 2004 - 7:44 pm
That rumor is absolutely ridiculous. It has never happened and will never happen.
My sentiments exactly :smile:

For what it's worth, we have a local urban legend (something we could never verify, obviously) about some unscrupulous people who bought a few handbags from a Vuitton counter in an upscale department store, sold them off, and brought back indentical models made by Korean factories (generally the highest grade and most authentic-looking among the fakes) with the original receipts, requesting a full refund.

This incident was said to have been exposed because several people later complained about having bought fakes from a directly-operated LV counter, which were obviously the very same bags that had been returned. Reportedly the department store apologized profusely and offered the appropriate refunds.

But who knows. There may be more incidents just like that, but were never exposed. I've seen some of those Korean fakes and they do closely resemble the real thing, at least to a degree that the general consumer wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Again, I'm in no way stating that actually happened, but that such an urban legend does exist.

Originally posted by Orochian@Apr 25th, 2004 - 7:41 am
For what it's worth, we have a local urban legend (something we could never verify, obviously) about some unscrupulous people who bought a few handbags from a Vuitton counter in an upscale department store, sold them off, and brought back indentical models made by Korean factories (generally the highest grade and most authentic-looking among the fakes) with the original receipts, requesting a full refund.

This incident was said to have been exposed because several people later complained about having bought fakes from a directly-operated LV counter, which were obviously the very same bags that had been returned. Reportedly the department store apologized profusely and offered the appropriate refunds.

But who knows. There may be more incidents just like that, but were never exposed. I've seen some of those Korean fakes and they do closely resemble the real thing, at least to a degree that the general consumer wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Again, I'm in no way stating that actually happened, but that such an urban legend does exist.
Thats terrible...makes me feel all paranoid again :ninja: And i do believe that there are very good fakes out there that may not get found out :cry:

There are tons of posts on this website alone regarding how to tell the difference between real and fake LV bags. Surely the employees can generally tell the difference, even between really great fakes and real ones.

If you're really concerned about the authenticity of your bag, I recommend that you save the receipt and if/when it wears out/breaks, take it back for a replacement. I think they replace damaged bags, right? If no one could tell that it was a fake when you bought it from the store, then no one will know when you replace it and get a new one. The odds that you would get a fake from the store twice in a row are hugely low, and if no one can tell the difference anyway then I guess it doesn't really matter. Well, it might, but at least know that they have raised security to prevent any further mishaps, so the likelihood of buying a fake from a dealer is very low.

By the way, how did those people figure out that they had fakes? With the current security measures, surely they have informed the employees to check for such differences as those that appeared on the other bags.

I don't know for sure, but it just seems so unlikely that this would happen that I can't quite believe it. Plus, how would LV look to the outside if they allowed it to happen again? Terrible, of course, so they'll work especially hard to prevent it.

I hope that all of that made sense. I'm pretty sleep-deprived, which often causes really dumb ideas to multiply in my brain under the guise of coherency.

It could be possible to steal a shipment, but I don't think its possible to replace them and have the fake replacemnt LV bags bought at the store. I've seen a lady with a bag that looked real to me (and I'm a LV freak) and the store manager made a comment while talking with me that "ugh, there goes another lady with a fake trying to figure out what new fake shes gonna get."... :shock: and she quickly passed and was quite far...

honestly though, LV personnel live and breathe in a LV world, they'll know..even lil imperfection on the bag they send back, a lot more so fakes because those usually have slight imperfections from being mass produced quickly without as much care as a real LV bag.

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Apr 26th, 2004 - 12:48 am
It could be possible to steal a shipment, but I don't think its possible to replace them and have the fake replacemnt LV bags bought at the store. I've seen a lady with a bag that looked real to me (and I'm a LV freak) and the store manager made a comment while talking with me that "ugh, there goes another lady with a fake trying to figure out what new fake shes gonna get."... :shock: and she quickly passed and was quite far...

honestly though, LV personnel live and breathe in a LV world, they'll know..even lil imperfection on the bag they send back, a lot more so fakes because those usually have slight imperfections from being mass produced quickly without as much care as a real LV bag.
What a bitchy manager :yuk:

even though its soemthing ridiculous to say that LV boutiques sell fake LVs... the last few posts made sense.
i can assure you that most of LV sales people do NOT know the exact difference of a fake and genuine bag of their collection.
ive heard same stories from a Gucci store.

anything is possible :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->