Fall 2004/2005 Couture*

ebowleg

Reaction score
Here it is folks :flower:

JULY, MONDAY THE 5th
7:30 pm RALPH RUCCI* To be confirmed

JULY, TUESDAY THE 6th
11:00 am TORRENTE To be confirmed

12:00 am ON AURA TOUT VU* Four Seasons Hotel, George V - 31 avenue George V - Paris 8e

2:30 pm CHRISTIAN DIOR To be confirmed

6:30 pm ADELINE ANDRÉ* Hôtel Libéral Bruant - 1 rue de la Perle - Paris 3e

7:30 pm JI HAYE* Four Seasons Hotel, George V - 31 avenue George V - Paris 8e

8:30 pm VALENTINO** Théâtre National de Chaillot - Place de Varsovie - Paris 16e

JULY, WEDNESDAY THE 7th
10:30 am CHANEL To be confirmed

12:30 am CHANEL To be confirmed

2:00 pm STÉPHANIE COUDERT* To be confirmed

3:00 pm DOMINIQUE SIROP Hôtel Meurice - 228 rue de Rivoli - Paris 1er

5:00 pm CHRISTIAN LACROIX Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - 14 rue Bonaparte - Paris 6e

6:00 pm HANAE MORI Hôtel Bristol - 112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré - Paris 8e

JULY, THURSDAY THE 8th
11:00 am FRANCK SORBIER* To be confirmed

12:30 am JEAN PAUL GAULTIER 325 rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e

2:00 pm GRIMALDI GIARDINA* To be confirmed

3:30 pm JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER Pavillon Ledoyen - Carré des Champs Elysées - 1 avenue Dutuit - Paris 8e

4:30 pm DUPRE SANTABARBARA* To be confirmed

5:30 pm ELIE SAAB* To be confirmed

I'm still upset over the departure of Versace and Ungaro :cry:

ahh, thanks for the schedule :flower:

:heart: RALPH RUCCI* & ADELINE ANDRÉ*
looking forward to check out TORRENTE & JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER
and semi-new-comers STÉPHANIE COUDERT*DUPRE SANTABARBARA* JI HAYE* & GRIMALDI GIARDINA*

I can't wait to see what's going to be at Dior :buzz:

I saw their first Cruise collection this morning at WWD, and there's some spectacular dresses w/ Lady bug embroidered blazers, Bias cut silk chiffon dresses, fishnets, gorgeous turquoise and yellow feathers, great headpieces, and Smokings w/ fire colour flowers :heart:

Originally posted by Alejandro@Jun 9th, 2004 - 10:24 pm
I can't wait to see what's going to be at Dior :buzz:

I saw their first Cruise collection this morning at WWD, and there's some spectacular dresses w/ Lady bug embroidered blazers, Bias cut silk chiffon dresses, fishnets, gorgeous turquoise and yellow feathers, great headpieces, and Smokings w/ fire colour flowers :heart:
the Dior resort photos have been also posted/discussed at the resort 05 FStopic

here the link :flower:

but.. :lol: dont say that,
missing your comments there :flower:

ladybugs?? didn't chanel do that already. i guess it'll be done in a different way though

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:40 pm
no Ann valiere or fred sathal? :( :unsure:
like Ioannis Guia and many many more, they must be 'off' schedule :wink:

dont forget we are also expecting Yojhi's highjack
probably the day before the Couture Premiere

didn't chanel do that already. i guess it'll be done in a different way though

maybe that was Chanel resort?

HC will be for the fall winter 04.05 season

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 9th, 2004 - 3:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 3:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Jun 9th, 2004 - 11:40 pm
no Ann valiere or fred sathal? :( :unsure:
like Ioannis Guia and many many more, they must be 'off' schedule :wink:

[/b][/quote]
oh yes, probebly

yohji, very exiting :P :heart:

why are there 2 chanel shows :unsure:
please dont tell me that herr Karl stole my idea for homme couture

i will bash his kopf mit ein grosse wurst :order:

its usual to have two shows during Haute Couture,
much more for a House as big as Chanel :wink:

but do they just show it on the schedule as 2 shows because it takes up 2 time slots?
or do they actually have 2 showings? :unsure:

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 9th, 2004 - 6:48 pm
Yikes! Apparently not from today's WWD:

Thursday June 10, 2004
Yamamoto Latest Couture Week Defection

By Miles Socha

PARIS — Couture week here is shrinking faster than a cashmere sweater in an overheated dryer.

Yohji Yamamoto, who joined the couture crowd in 2002 by showing his signature ready-to-wear collection, said Wednesday he would revert to the rtw calendar. As a result, Yamamoto will show his spring 2005 collection in October rather than during the upcoming couture, July 6-8. He had tentatively set his show for July 7 at 7 p.m.

The news, coming only a few weeks after Emanuel Ungaro and Donatella Versace said they were leaving the couture runway behind, is sure to prompt fresh debate about the viability of couture week — and the future of the métier itself.

Yamamoto could not immediately be reached for comment, but a spokeswoman for the designer said he “wanted to put creativity first, rather than doing one show after another.”

She said it has not been decided if Yamamoto will continue to put his Y’s by Yohji Yamamoto collection on the runway during Paris Fashion Week, as he has off-calendar since moving his top collection to couture. Yamamoto also designs a third line, Y-3, for activewear giant Adidas.

The Chambre Syndicale, which organizes couture week, said it’s expecting 800 journalists to cover the shows next month — about the same as last season — even as the number of attractions has dwindled.

Balmain, which filed the French equivalent of Chapter 11 debt protection last month, said Wednesday it was “unlikely” it would mount a couture show this season. As reported, the French Tribunal of Commerce granted the fashion and fragrance firm six months to pull itself out of the red.

Former couturiers Viktor & Rolf, who had been slated to launch their first perfume with L’Oréal during the July couture, said this week the launch has been delayed due to technical problems. It will likely take place this fall, with the scent hitting counters early next year.

“It’s so sad, what’s happening,” designer Ralph Rucci said Wednesday, asked to comment on the shrinking number of houses. “I’m a devotee of the whole métier.”

But the changes haven’t weakened Rucci’s resolve to continue showing couture in Paris. In fact, he’s slated to open the week by showing on July 5 at 7:30 p.m.

Although the time slot means American editors and clients would likely have to travel July 4, Rucci said “it provides us with the longest time during the week to see clients; after all, we’re there to sell clothes.”

Meanwhile, in other Yohji news, Yamamoto has resumed the title of president and chief executive officer of his privately held company, Yohji Yamamoto Inc., following the resignation last month of longtime president Yoshinori Maru. The spokeswoman confirmed the change, but gave no further details.

Thanks Atelier.

Yohji stopping to show RTW on couture week will be quite missed, but not totally since he's showing on October like everbody else.

Gosh, I hate it when the media loves to sensationalize these things. To quote WWD: "The news, coming only a few weeks after Emanuel Ungaro and Donatella Versace said they were leaving the couture runway behind, is sure to prompt fresh debate about the viability of couture week — and the future of the métier itself."

Um, like Yohji is couture. :rolleyes:

I'm counting on designers like Ralph Rucci, Herr Karl, Lacroix and Gaultier to prove that couture can still exist.

Good luck. :heart:

Originally posted by ebowleg@Jun 9th, 2004 - 4:04 pm
Here it is folks :flower:

JULY, MONDAY THE 5th
7:30 pm RALPH RUCCI* To be confirmed

JULY, TUESDAY THE 6th
11:00 am TORRENTE To be confirmed

12:00 am ON AURA TOUT VU* Four Seasons Hotel, George V - 31 avenue George V - Paris 8e

2:30 pm CHRISTIAN DIOR To be confirmed

6:30 pm ADELINE ANDRÉ* Hôtel Libéral Bruant - 1 rue de la Perle - Paris 3e

7:30 pm JI HAYE* Four Seasons Hotel, George V - 31 avenue George V - Paris 8e

8:30 pm VALENTINO** Théâtre National de Chaillot - Place de Varsovie - Paris 16e

JULY, WEDNESDAY THE 7th
10:30 am CHANEL To be confirmed

12:30 am CHANEL To be confirmed

2:00 pm STÉPHANIE COUDERT* To be confirmed

3:00 pm DOMINIQUE SIROP Hôtel Meurice - 228 rue de Rivoli - Paris 1er

5:00 pm CHRISTIAN LACROIX Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts - 14 rue Bonaparte - Paris 6e

6:00 pm HANAE MORI Hôtel Bristol - 112 rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré - Paris 8e

JULY, THURSDAY THE 8th
11:00 am FRANCK SORBIER* To be confirmed

12:30 am JEAN PAUL GAULTIER 325 rue Saint-Martin - Paris 3e

2:00 pm GRIMALDI GIARDINA* To be confirmed

3:30 pm JEAN-LOUIS SCHERRER Pavillon Ledoyen - Carré des Champs Elysées - 1 avenue Dutuit - Paris 8e

4:30 pm DUPRE SANTABARBARA* To be confirmed

5:30 pm ELIE SAAB* To be confirmed

I'm still upset over the departure of Versace and Ungaro :cry:
Thanks, thanks ebowleg.

finally Yohji came to his senses, it is so much better for him -commercially- to show on schedule with the rest of tthe designers during the PaP week.
thanks for the news atelier :flower:

acid, they just have two showings of the same collection, thats all..
plus it certainly is not their first time :P

YOHJI GIVES UP COUTURE

YOHJI YAMAMOTO won't be showing during couture week anymore. Having led a trend for ready-to-wear designers to steal a little couture limelight months ahead of the scheduled catwalk slot for r-t-w for the last three seasons, he has now gone back to the prêt-a-porter roots. "We were due to show on July 7th but Yohji just felt that he wanted to concentrate on making creative clothes," says his spokeswoman. "He wanted the emphasis to be on the design rather than being restricted by time." With news recently that houses like Versace and Ungaro have given up their places on the couture timetable, it seems that now the ready-to-wear shows are the safest place to be for Yohji. "People do seem to be ducking out ot couture left, right and centre," goes on the rep. "It wasn't Yohji's motivation for moving - he just wanted to maintain the focus on his clothes - but then it did seem like a logical step to take." It has not been decided yet whether the Y's line, which has continued to be shown during Paris Fashion Week, will also be on the catwalk. "I'm not sure how that collection will be presented but it will still be a full line," goes on our rep. (June 11 2004, AM)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->