Fall / Winter 2003 trends

Caramel

Reaction score
What are you're favourite trends for fall/winter 2003? What will you wear, and what will you definately NOT wear?
Which current trends are you hoping will continue through to fall, and which are you happy to see go?

Personally i loved the 60's mod style, it's always been a favourite of mine for fall/winter. :heart:
I also liked the flirty/seductive style, with sumptous fabrics, frilled or pleated skirts, 20's style skirts and dresses, corsets, and of course all the cute coats. And also bomber-jackets.

Something I will NOT wear (ok, I'll never say never :innocent: ), are leggings (terrible flashbacks! :shock: ). Ok, supermodels can make them look good, but I can't think of anything more unflattering on me!

A trend I'm hoping will be dead and over with way before fall is the short combat pants. Regular combats are ok, but I could never understand that short type, no one looks good in those! :ninja:

Originally posted by Caramel@Jul 27th, 2003 - 11:57 am
Regular combats are ok, but I could never understand that short type, no one looks good in those! :ninja:
A pair of long lengs usually do :wink: !

im loving the dolce&gabbana menswear collection.....with the parachute pants and oversized hooded jackets :heart: :heart:

also the flared gucci trousers......they are superb

and im in love with the versace/helmut lang pants with the zips at the front and back (jackets too)

YUM

Well, i like mod style too, specially coats, bags & make up :heart
Don't think i could pull off over-the-knee boots, but some girls can & it looks very sexy...

I like pretty much everything for fall/winter by Lanvin, Chloe, Prada,
Marni & MJ. Also, eveningwear is beautiful everywhere, glamorous yet elegant with a retro touch :heart:
Not crazy about crocodile bags/shoes...i know it's very luxurious, but it's not for me...

i will not wear : leggins, boots, fur, lingerie looks or Mods styles.

i will wear: round toes, gloves in colour, green, yellow, scarves, overskirts, knee lengths, opaque tights in colour & black, vintage mix aka Dries Van Noten, 20's inspired dresses, new floor length knit dresses in turtleneck and v-necks, more jewelery for the glam of it, unexpected bows, satin ribbons decorating bag handles, shoes etc.

I know its a bit 'done' but seems like i'm on a 'customised-ultra personal styled' mood - again :blush: :lol:

I will definetly wear mod, I love the Kool-Aid colors and, I don't know, looks so fun! :heart: Round toes, definetly. So sick of open-toe. I love opaque tights too. Costume jewelry and those big-chunky rings that you can find at 8th street for $10 to $20. Lingerie ala Galliano not YSL, Tom Ford doesn't work for me and it looks cheap unlike Galliano. Gloves yes. Mostly stuff by Galliano and Van Nouten.

I will not wear plastics, ugly fur ala Mcqueen, I'm more of YSL, flat boots, Croc or Lizard and Nautical.

:shock: just got my self a boiled wool knit Dries/Yohji style dark/gray/purple coat with the most amazing drapping 'collar-neck' :heart: :blush:

and an amazing black leather messanger bag for winter :innocent:

Spare me the mod, esp. Marc Jacobs. They look like costumes. :blink:

I will be wearing houndstooth, tweed, opaque tights, croc pumps, leather gloves in black and green, and 'graphic style' as style.com puts it. :heart:

I will not wear.....

Skinny Pants - I think that next year we will be looking back with regret (you know when you see a photo of yourself 10 years ago!!)

Mod Style - not particularly keen on that either.

I will wear.....

Little fur jackets .... (as style.com puts it) ...."As warm and cozy as a puppy, and a lot more portable". I recently posted a gorgeoous one from Lacroix which was found on eluxury ($250) -

p10456730_ph_hero.jpg

or in black (which I prefer).,...

p10456730_ph_althero_Black.jpg

Exotic items (damn I just love croc!!) - (again to quote Style.com) - " major satchel is in your future, preferably in the season's super-luxe croc"

Tweed - classic.... enough said

Leather - as always - North Beach have some nice pieces... (this is from the S/S collection - I love the jacket)...

S2003_8.jpg

Bring on the cold weather!!!!!!!!!!!! (I will regret saying that I suspect)

little fur jackets are gonna be all the rage for a/w2003 :wink: they are uber cute too

are there any mens versions......black jacket with black fur/faux fur trim?

i've been searching for one forEVER! any leads? B)

WILL WEAR: opaque tights in black or jewel tones, round-toed shoes, gloves, mod in moderation, chiffon and floaty tops and dresses, "graphic style"

WON'T WEAR: opaque tights in white or light colors, leggings, skinny pants, fur

UNDECIDED: minis (I have ample thighage) :lol:

my list :

leggings
minis
mod [ in moderation]
gloves
chain belts/ charms
maybe a tweed coat but customized with
punk rock pins :P
opaque tights
graphic scarves as dress
thigh high boots
my own chain jewelery

:rolleyes:
What do you all think are the key trends this season???

Tweedy perhaps black and white , what do you all think?

i thought that reply was a bit harsh....no worries!

i am bad with trends at least anticipating them .... but i am sure there are a lot on here besides prince, who obviously doesnt follow trends, that will have an opinion to share - it is always a fun topic.....

:smile:

Sorry...sorry...too much Zen & Art of Motorcycle Maintenance...

My serious opinion?

Plain-ties (none of those horrible patterned ones, thank you!)
Leather-ties (when did they ever go out of fashion)

AND

Probably this season's most fashionable coat is by Prada, double-breasted, tweedy, supremely elegant, but rather less cosy - instead of a Kenny-style hood, it has a draughty, wide neckline. It also has an unflattering, thin belt, which I suspect would mean having to pull your tummy in all the time, which is way beyond the call of duty when wearing outdoor clothes. It's also well over a thousand pounds (although Zara has a similar version). All in all, no substitute.

If you can't give up that wrapped-up-in-cotton-wool feeling, there are some nicely chubby fake furs out there. But cosy and glamorous though it is, fake fur has unfortunate style associations (Jennifer Lopez, footballers' wives). If you wear it, people think you're a bit thick and so speak very slowly to you. Which is why I'd recommend a trenchcoat. They keep the chill out something special and make you look clever and enigmatic in a French resistance way. And, despite looking brainy, they are easy to wear, since they go with just about anything.

I made that up myself, yes.

Yah...um....I have a question. Where are all you people from? Cuz tweed aint hatt in the States. At least I don't think so. lol.

much love,
5arah N1c0le

Hiyah Sarah,

I'm from the UK but I believe that many people on this forum are from the States.

Like yellow, tweed is totally unwearable and hence very fashionable (it's a kind of double-think thing 'I'm so cool I can wear this horrible tweed and make it look good'). It's always the latest thing;- you always read in fashion columns 'mannish tweed jackets are so this season', what they mean is 'mannish tweed jackets are this season, that season and all seasons past'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->