False Eyelashes

Golden_butterfly

The mod squad
Reaction score
Hi all...
Was jus wondering,is it worth buying false eye lashes?
I'm the type that has like straight ones,considering buying false eye lashes
to wear at some parties. But some people told me it's not worth it cause its
so uncomfortable and it's jus so much work u have to put into it.
Advice anyone...?

:innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, fake eyelashes are a pain to apply, but I think they're worth it. They're so fun!! :flower: I don't wear them on a regular basis but would definitely wear them to a party/club.

they're great, less eye makeup to remove at the end of the night. i've actually been looking for some, i have short eyelashes and all the ones i've tried (mac, drugstore brands) are really long and gaudy.

any recommendations?

Go for individual falsies, much more natural looking than a full set.

Check outShu Uemurafor a selection to choose from

all the ones i've tried (mac, drugstore brands) are really long and gaudy.

If they're too long give a trim with nail scissors - then they'll be exactly as you want them. Also trim them into individual sets/groups of eyelashes to give specific areas definition. :flower:

i personaly wudnt get false eyelases because my natural eyelashes are VERY VERY long ! almost as long as false ones

Applying false eye lashes, has some tricks that need to be followed such as:

Aplly after you have all eye make up done (except mascara)

Use only surgical glue. The one that usually comes with the eyelashes is crap!

Apply a tiny layer of the glue on one and wait a minute for the glue to dry a bit. Use tweezers to hold the eyelashes.

Press the falsie on the exact center of your eye and the do the inner and outter part of the eye.

Keep your eye closed for about a minute and press again.

In the end you can apply mascara if you want to.

:wink:

I think they are a pain! I tried puting them on yesterday...got so frustrated that I just threw everything against the wall. Grrrr. I wish they were easier to apply. :smile: The Shu Uemura ones are tempting, but I just don't want to have to spend a fortune on fakes.

Originally posted by Elle Glamour@Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:50 am
I think they are a pain! I tried puting them on yesterday...got so frustrated that I just threw everything against the wall. Grrrr. I wish they were easier to apply. :smile: The Shu Uemura ones are tempting, but I just don't want to have to spend a fortune on fakes.
Don't get frustrated!

It's not going to be difficult at all once you get the hang of it.

Try looking down into a mirror while you apply them.

Also, whether your false lashes are "high end" or not really does not matter.

Ardell false lashes ($2.50-3.00) are really good, and made from human hair.

Also, whoever said that the false lashes you've tried look too gaudy - definitely go for individuals, or cut up your full strip lashes into pieces. Either that, or go with a pair of Ardell Demi Wispies... pretty demure IMO.

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Feb 20th, 2004 - 3:07 pm
Hi all...
Was jus wondering,is it worth buying false eye lashes?
I'm the type that has like straight ones,considering buying false eye lashes
to wear at some parties. But some people told me it's not worth it cause its
so uncomfortable and it's jus so much work u have to put into it.
Advice anyone...?

:innocent:
Who is that in the photo you attached? She's gorgeous! :o

Originally posted by brian+Feb 27th, 2004 - 2:34 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Feb 27th, 2004 - 2:34 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Elle Glamour@Feb 21st, 2004 - 10:50 am
Don't get frustrated!

It's not going to be difficult at all once you get the hang of it.

Try looking down into a mirror while you apply them.

Also, whether your false lashes are "high end" or not really does not matter. [/b][/quote]
Thanks for the tidbit, brian :wink:

In the show that I'm doing now, they told us to apply the false eyelashes first because we'll have on lots of eye makeup and they don't want the lashes to slide, but someone here said that it's important to put on the lashes last. Wouldn't they slide that way? Do you think it will be okay to add the lashes first? Why exactly are we not supposed to?

Yeah I love fake eyelashes. Just take your time and spend time on them, so they dont look silly.

Originally posted by sofialuv@Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:00 am
I heard about using that in a mag once..but where would you find that and is there any particular brand?

I agree most eyelash glue is crap..it doesnt even stick on...I finally found one that sticks on for a long time...problem is is sticks TOO much now and is a pain trying to get it unstuck... :wacko:

Originally posted by brian@Feb 27th, 2004 - 3:34 pm

Ardell false lashes ($2.50-3.00) are really good, and made from human hair.

I wonder what part of the human they used.

Definatly. i think fake eye lashes look great.

A friend of mine had them on the other day,

i think that they look so much better then wearing

mascara.

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite+Apr 29th, 2004 - 8:51 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sephora_Socialite @ Apr 29th, 2004 - 8:51 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-sofialuv@Feb 21st, 2004 - 8:00 am
I heard about using that in a mag once..but where would you find that and is there any particular brand?

I agree most eyelash glue is crap..it doesnt even stick on...I finally found one that sticks on for a long time...problem is is sticks TOO much now and is a pain trying to get it unstuck... :wacko: [/b][/quote]

MAC sells DUO surgical glue - the only stuff we will use in the store. If it gets in the eye it acts like rubber cement and balls up and falls out. You usually have to ask for it because its usually not in plain sight.

In the show that I'm doing now, they told us to apply the false eyelashes first because we'll have on lots of eye makeup and they don't want the lashes to slide, but someone here said that it's important to put on the lashes last. Wouldn't they slide that way? Do you think it will be okay to add the lashes first? Why exactly are we not supposed to?

There is nothing worse than trying to clean tons of eyeshadow off false lashes!

I have MAC false lashes. I think that MAC have the best. They don't weigh and are easy to put. Only it's necessary practice and be patient. They do a very nice look and give an effect very different from the habitual one. There are ones that looks natural and others more extravagant, for parties and things like that.
:wink:

I don't want to open up another thread so running off this, I am planning on getting false lashes for prom, and getting my makeup professionally done. Could anyone tell me if they would put them on for me (the eyelashes) if I just brought it to the counter or should I put them on myself before getting my makeup done?

bring them with you... they will do it for you probably.

i want to get false eyelashes! i've been thinking about it lately and i think for nighttime they would be perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->