Fashion By Stars

thanks for the links, i heard about j-lo's somewhere.. can't remember, but the rest nope =/

I don't care for celeb fashion lines that have the celeb's name plastered, i.e. J Lo by J Lopez... But the ones that are less obvious are okay with me.

Nelly - Apple Bottoms (Applebottoms.com, I like this stuff.. haven't bought any yet.)
Jay-Z - Rocawear (I have a long-sleeve tee from here.. It fits like a DREAM!!!)
Eminem - Shady Ltd. (Ugh.. the stuff is UG-LY and it's so obvious who's line it is.)

I know there are others... when I think of them I'll post them.

Celeb lines tend to be very logo-y, with the label plastered across the chest, butt, pockets, sleeves, WHATEVER, anything to make it known you're wearing insert label here.

I'm not huge into the hip-hop fashion, which is what most of the clothing lines are like released from these stars.

Don't forget Sean Jean...

Rocawear isn't too bad of stuff, simply not my style.

I like Sean John's suits and Eve stuff is cute, but I honestly only like Gwens bags. I've yet to see a celebrity line I like for myself.

is it just me? or those clothes on j-lo's shop really do look cheap quality?

i really like Gwen's, those cosmetic bags with a large choice of prints are bootyful!

:rolleyes: Those clothing lines, if they weren't launched by huge stars, they would probably NOT even get recognized! The lines don't have anything special or super luxurious that makes them stand out on their own on the market.

Thanks to the stars hiding behing each brand's fame, otherwise, we would never have heard about their existence !

I agree with KIMKHUU.

If you are going to do a clothing line, be serious about it. Please come up with fashion, not another way to plaster your name on something.

Those clothing lines, if they weren't launched by huge stars, they would probably NOT even get recognized! The lines don't have anything special or super luxurious that makes them stand out on their own on the market.

Thanks to the stars hiding behing each brand's fame, otherwise, we would never have heard about their existence !

So true, kimkhuu :flower: , there is absolutely nothing special from those lines. :doh:

Still, thanks for this topic, nay-k! :flower:

I think most of them are similar. The clothes are nearly all the same with different names on it....
the only collection I love are gwens bags. and its not her brand but only the colaboration with Le Sportsac and I thinks this is ok....

Speaking of Fashion By Stars.. (from fashion.net)

The Secret Fashion Of Milla

According to VogueParis.com, Milla Jovovich was in Paris last week
to show samples of her new clothing line Jov-H, which she designs
with her friend Carmen Hawk, to a selection of fashion editors. It
must have been a top secret event, because the editors that
reported about what they saw were quoted anonymously. Anyway, the
line is supposedly very feminine and sophisticated with lots of
handcrafted details and elements of vintage fabric.

Opinions? :flower:

I'm soo tired of actors and singers starting their own clothing lines..Hilary Duff is coming out with her own line now too.. :innocent:

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Dec 2nd, 2003 - 9:55 pm
I'm soo tired of actors and singers starting their own clothing lines..Hilary Duff is coming out with her own line now too.. :innocent:
dear lord save us all i cant stand that girl i dont think she has an talent at all

i think its even worse seeing celebs modeling clothing lines like lil kim and old navy

I don't like celeb fashion lines, or I should say, I don't care and wouldn't buy.
They pretty much only have the NAME there, nothing else. :wacko:

I think it is absolutely insane what these artist are doing with their names. Just because they are stars htey all feel like they should come up with their own line of clothing. I mean come on, lets be more original here and do something that is worthwhile. I think they should stick to their acting or singing careers and stop trying to conquer an industry they have no experience with. Is not like they are making clothes that they wear either because when you see them in outtings they are all rocking the Gucci, fendi, prada, cavalli, versace and the list goes on. They don't be wearing their cheap clothing made in 3rd world countries. I guess those are my 2 cents on this issue.

I dount liek ti at all. Most of theas artists have zero taste and cant design for sh*t( or cant hire peple with good taste to deisgn for them) they just ahve a famous name so tehyc an do what ever they can do whatever they whant. Most of them dont even wear teh clothes they make. With the expetion of oen or two stars with style i woldnt wear there clothes.

Originally posted by immortaluv@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 10:23 am
I think it is absolutely insane what these artist are doing with their names. Just because they are stars htey all feel like they should come up with their own line of clothing. I mean come on, lets be more original here and do something that is worthwhile. I think they should stick to their acting or singing careers and stop trying to conquer an industry they have no experience with. Is not like they are making clothes that they wear either because when you see them in outtings they are all rocking the Gucci, fendi, prada, cavalli, versace and the list goes on. They don't be wearing their cheap clothing made in 3rd world countries. I guess those are my 2 cents on this issue.

yup. :smile:

Originally posted by immortaluv@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 10:23 am
:o Must agree with you...J-lo and Eve's as well as Kamara Lees line which is Baby Phat they are all soo tacky. But I guess they are not marketing the type of people who are interested in Gucci, Prada or Chanel. They are marketing the urban ghettos, the people who can barely afford their clothes yet buy them anyway because they idolize their images. Which is really sad that they would even sell their $5 shirts for $55 to poor urban kids. Anyway, thats my opinion I would never buy anything from any of their lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->